View Full Version : lost card

08-21-2005, 9:00 PM
Quick question for all: I lost my handgun safety card - can it be re-issued by the original dealer by using their records, or am I stuck re-taking the test and paying again?


08-21-2005, 9:14 PM
"If an HSC card holder experiences loss or destruction of an HSC, the issuing DOJ Certified
Instructor must issue a replacement HSC, upon request and proof of identification, to the original HSC holder. DOJ Certified Dealers are authorized to charge a fifteen dollar ($15) fee to cover the pre-paid Certified Instructor cost."

So if you go back to the same person who issued it to you, you should be able to get a replacement card for $15. A whole new card might be worth it depending on how old your card was and what you estimate you new handgun purchases will be in the next five years http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif