PDA

View Full Version : Sig Owners...!

CRTguns
08-07-2009, 9:55 PM
Attn: ALL sig owners... if you have a standard DA/SA sig (not a DAK).
Sent the gun back to Sig for the SRT trigger kit installation. Costs $100 and is worth every penny. Short Reset Trigger- the one featured on the Blackhawk models- make sthe SA-SA reset feel like a 1911. NO "false" reset for the firing pin block.

Not to be confused with the Short reach trigger- that is simply a blade change. This costs $60

The SRT is grrrrrreat.

And it's legal in IPSC production class- mostly- check the list.

RECCE556
08-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes, I have to agree. I let a few LEO buddies shoot my P220R with the SRT kit and now they're all going to find out about having their dept. armorer do the upgrade. I think EVERY SINGLE SIG should have this installed from the factory. The default reset is HORRIBLE at best.

For me, I would say the SA-SA reset feels NEARLY as positive as my factory Glock reset (which is one of the best). A little more punch than most 1911's I've shot. I also like the Short Trigger's on my SIG's. Allows a more positive DA purchase for me....on my 1911's, I use the 10-8 flat triggers which is considered a "long" trigger and the reach feels the same as the SIG with the Short Trigger in DA mode.

And I think you mean BlackWATER models, not BlackHAWK. ;)

Ishoot
08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the input. I just shot my newly aquired 220R today and had a little trouble adjusting to the factory trigger. (First Sig BTW) I'll take a look at the SRT and maybe give it a shot.

shoupdawg
08-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Was the $100 inclusive of shipping? I thought it was $150-160?

Iknownot
08-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Does the upgrade change anything to the DA pull?

50CalAL
08-08-2009, 1:09 AM
That's great to hear!

CRTguns, you must have read my mind. I just purchased my 1st Sig pistol (P220R), not counting my P556 pistol, and was thinking of getting the SRT. I've heard good things about the SRT.

I was also thinking of getting Sig's "Action Enhancement Package" to lighten the DA/SA pull, still searching to see if that's worth it though.

CRTguns, what was the turnaround time to get the SRT installed and back from SIG?

ldivinag
08-08-2009, 3:01 AM
i dont know...

kinda used to my DA/SA pulls now... after 10+ years, you get muscle memory.

cineski
08-08-2009, 7:17 AM
The SRT is good and bad. Obviously the reset is fantastic, but at the expense of moving the breaking point back toward your palm. You also have to squeeze the trigger to take the slide off, but most of my guns do that anyway.

halifax
08-08-2009, 7:36 AM
Gray Guns did the work on my P245 including the SRT. Love it.

Sent my P239SAS DAK back to SIG to convert to SA/DA because I never was smitten on the DAK. Had the SRT installed also. Took less than two weeks. Really like it now.

:thumbsup:

hoffman259
08-08-2009, 9:06 AM
+1 for Grayguns. I shot a friends 226 that had a couple of things done by Grayguns including the SRT. I loved it so much mine is going to be going out this month to him for some work.