PDA

View Full Version : Feinstein at it again (for new Fed AWB)...

bwiese
03-15-2005, 7:13 AM
She's baa-aaaack...

And we need to turn her anti-freedom cohorts out of office, too: Mike DeWine of OH and John Warner of VA. These might be easier to get out than the Dems: just holding back a bit of support could render these guys toast.

Bill
San Jose

---------------------------------------------
[B]Feinstein bill would re-establish assault weapons ban[B]

(03-14) 16:45 PST WASHINGTON, (AP) --

Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation Monday to re-establish the federal assault weapons ban, which expired last September after Congress did not reauthorize it.

Feinstein, D-Calif., was the author of the original 1994 ban on the manufacture and importation of at least 19 types of common military-style assault weapons. She got an amendment through the Senate last year to extend the ban, but it was killed when the piece of legislation it was attached to failed after lobbying by the National Rifle Association.

Feinstein announced bipartisan co-sponsors Monday: Republican Sens. John Warner of Virginia and Mike DeWine of Ohio, and Democratic Sen. Charles Schumer of New York. But getting the bill through the Republican-controlled Congress will be an uphill battle.

"We know the ban worked. We voted for its renewal in the Senate last year. Yet, it was allowed to expire," Feinstein said in a statement. "This failure will have deadly consequences on the streets of America. It is time to re-establish the ban and help make our communities safer."

The NRA and other opponents contended the ban was ineffective, in part because copycat weapons not covered by the ban were easy to make.

[***END***]

bwiese
03-15-2005, 7:13 AM
She's baa-aaaack...

And we need to turn her anti-freedom cohorts out of office, too: Mike DeWine of OH and John Warner of VA. These might be easier to get out than the Dems: just holding back a bit of support could render these guys toast.

Bill
San Jose

---------------------------------------------
[B]Feinstein bill would re-establish assault weapons ban[B]

(03-14) 16:45 PST WASHINGTON, (AP) --

Sen. Dianne Feinstein introduced legislation Monday to re-establish the federal assault weapons ban, which expired last September after Congress did not reauthorize it.

Feinstein, D-Calif., was the author of the original 1994 ban on the manufacture and importation of at least 19 types of common military-style assault weapons. She got an amendment through the Senate last year to extend the ban, but it was killed when the piece of legislation it was attached to failed after lobbying by the National Rifle Association.

Feinstein announced bipartisan co-sponsors Monday: Republican Sens. John Warner of Virginia and Mike DeWine of Ohio, and Democratic Sen. Charles Schumer of New York. But getting the bill through the Republican-controlled Congress will be an uphill battle.

"We know the ban worked. We voted for its renewal in the Senate last year. Yet, it was allowed to expire," Feinstein said in a statement. "This failure will have deadly consequences on the streets of America. It is time to re-establish the ban and help make our communities safer."

The NRA and other opponents contended the ban was ineffective, in part because copycat weapons not covered by the ban were easy to make.

[***END***]

atham@earthlink.net
03-15-2005, 7:34 AM
I wish that fricking yeti would do us all a favor and just have a fatal brain aneurysm.

Bling Bling
03-15-2005, 7:39 AM
At the Cow Palace gun show a few weeks ago I noticed that some guy was selling body armor and he had some sort of statement that Dirty Feinstein was putting body armor on her agenda for her police-state.

Is there any truth to that? Will body armor (bullet-proof vests and such) be illegal soon?

Will she have the right to determine whose life is valuable enough to allow it? i.e. we all know she carries, but doesn't trust a CERTIFIED Californian to carry.

bwiese
03-15-2005, 8:05 AM
Bling...

There's already laws against felons owning body armor - at least in some states.

However remember that a lot of gunshow advertising is fear-mongering - a la foodstuffs pre-Y2K, etc.

Vests are low priority when they can ban guns instead...

Bill Wiese
San Jose

imported_edbon9
03-15-2005, 9:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bling Bling:
At the Cow Palace gun show a few weeks ago I noticed that some guy was selling body armor and he had some sort of statement that Dirty Feinstein was putting body armor on her agenda for her police-state.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

those guys have had that sign for at least the last year at the CP show. I guess it's their preferred marketing strategy.

Bling Bling
03-15-2005, 12:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mute:
I wish that fricking yeti would do us all a favor and just have a fatal brain aneurysm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the brain aneurysm happened, it just wasn't fatal.

Spotted Owl
03-15-2005, 8:04 PM
The gun dealers association ought to give Feinstein their Salesman of the Year award.

Every time one of these big gun bans passes, people go out and buy the things to be banned by the truckload. It has just the opposite effect that the banners intend.

I'll bet (although I have no numbers) that more .50 BMG rifles were sold in California during the last three months of 2004 because of the impending ban than would ever have been sold in the state otherwise.

LongBch_SigP226
03-15-2005, 9:20 PM
Maybe that's how she and her friends are making money. Buy low, sell high.

Charliegone
03-16-2005, 8:38 AM
"We know the ban worked. We voted for its renewal in the Senate last year. Yet, it was allowed to expire," Feinstein said in a statement.

Ok Mrs. Feinstein give me proof it worked. VPC stats and Brady Campaign information is not reliable proof. Of course if she would look at the FBI information "Assault Weapons" are used in less than 4% of murders. Hardly an epidemic.

"This failure will have deadly consequences on the streets of America.

She acts if the FFL dealers are gonna go around the street corner and sell guns like drug dealers sell dope. Stupid analogy, I think its time you start using another one Senator because its getting old.

It is time to re-establish the ban and help make our communities safer."

Sigh! Typical Feinstein statement, its "for the children." Let's be realistic and logical Mrs. Feinstein (something you don't seem to have), you don't make a community safer by disarming them. You make the community safer when you start doing your damn job and start placing violent criminals in jail instead of giving them that revolving door.

Draven
03-16-2005, 1:42 PM
Ya know, Warner is probably going to get 10x the mail on this that Fienstein does. Notice, VA is a RED state.

(I lived in VA until 1999 and voted for Warner twice)

bwiese
03-16-2005, 2:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Draven32:
Ya know, Warner is probably going to get 10x the mail on this that Fienstein does. Notice, VA is a RED state.

(I lived in VA until 1999 and voted for Warner twice) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know. I'm pretty sure no serious gun person voted for Feinstein. Guys like Warner & DeWhine are different and more insidious...

But we should set an example of "sacrificing of our own" just to show how we regard traitorous activity like this. You know Warner wanted some gun votes to get elected and is still trying to act not antigun.

Bill Wiese
San Jose