PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Mossberg 590A1

10-07-2005, 9:30 AM
Anyone seen a Mosberg 590A1's (GI version) in Bay Area gun stores? Kerley's had one some time ago, but I see these are rather "unusual" as a stock item and require ordering.

I Would rather get the chance to finger it before buying.

gunnm619@aol.com
10-07-2005, 5:30 PM
They are hard to find now. I hear they do not make them anymore, but that is just a rumor. There is another 590 military version but it is not the 590A1, so be aware. The 590A1 is the better, heavy barrel, all steel parts(aside from receiver), metal trigger guard, metal safety.

Dont Tread on Me
10-07-2005, 8:51 PM
I bought mine at Kerley's and had to order it. It took about a week longer than Kerley's estimated and they were bad at keeping me up to date, but not terrible. The "stress" was that if it took more than 30 days I'd have to pay dros again and restart my ten day wait. Kerley's did promise to pay the dros if the became the case.

I love my Mossberg - I got the ghost rings and enjoy it.

LongBch_SigP226
10-08-2005, 9:58 AM
Are you talking about 590A1 milspec?
I own one. I bought it right before
Y2K at Turner's and it was in stock.
I don't think they are available
anymore. If I remember correctly, they offered
590A1 milspec and 590A1 DA (double action?)
milspec the following year. After that I think
they stopped offering the milspec version.
Mine has bayonet lug and other than that
it's no different from regular 590A1.
Maybe the finish is different?

10-10-2005, 6:22 AM
Yes the 590A1 milspec, (heay barrel, steel guard). I think these can be ordered (non LEO OK). Saw one at Kerely's in Cupertino, but reacted too slow.

10-10-2005, 6:25 AM
Originally posted by ca_brit:
I bought mine at Kerley's and had to order it. It took about a week longer than Kerley's estimated and they were bad at keeping me up to date, but not terrible. The "stress" was that if it took more than 30 days I'd have to pay dros again and restart my ten day wait. Kerley's did promise to pay the dros if the became the case.

Hmm, you probably got the one I was thinking about but reacted too slow! http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif Good for you.
Thanks for the info on the long waite. Maybe I will try Sportsmans in Cambel on the order. They seem like good guys.

I love my Mossberg - I got the ghost rings and enjoy it.