PDA

View Full Version : 2 FFL's on One DROS / PPT ?

eltee
08-06-2009, 6:21 PM
I searched to no avail.

Can one FFL complete the Purchaser portion of a DROS worksheet, then mail it to another FFL in another part of the state to process the Seller portion? The first FFL (for Purchaser) would mail the form with attached documentation (copy of license, HSC, etc.) to the seller's FFL. Same for the 4473.

The FFL on the seller's end would submit the DROS. When the waiting period has elapsed, the buyer would drive / fly up to the 2nd FFL to pickup the firearm. At that time, the 2nd FFL would also reconfirm all the documentation.

Seller has an off roster handgun in northern California, buyer lives in southern California. Would like to avoid two trips to northern California to do the PPT.

Rudolf the Red
08-06-2009, 9:59 PM
I wouldn't do it. I need to see both parties.

You have 30 days to pick up. You do not have to get it in 10.

What gun could be worth it? Do tell.

kemasa
08-07-2009, 10:19 AM
No, the same FFL has to check the ID of both parties. I have checked on this in the past with the CA DOJ from a person who I respect there.

If I was you, I would pay the seller to come down so that you don't have to go up twice.

eltee
08-07-2009, 12:17 PM
The seller is near me. The buyer is willing to fly up twice. Will stick to that protocol since there appears to be no legal workaround. The seller was hoping to sell it out of state so I would just do an A and D and ship it. The buyer is a California resident from the other end of the state. He wants it bad enough to make two trips.

THANKS for all the input.

tenpercentfirearms
08-11-2009, 9:14 AM
I require everyone to be in the shop in person with ID. Sorry, it isn't worth it to do it any other way. As you said, if they want it bad enough, they will make the trip.