PDA

View Full Version : M96 Cleaning Question

Mugwump
04-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I finally got around to cleaning the M96, noticed the bolt and carrier were still sopping wet with the lubricant from the factory (picked the rifle up in August 04 and I've put a few hundreds rounds through it). Any idea which lubricant they may have used? If not certain, any recommendations specific for the M96?

Mugwump
04-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I finally got around to cleaning the M96, noticed the bolt and carrier were still sopping wet with the lubricant from the factory (picked the rifle up in August 04 and I've put a few hundreds rounds through it). Any idea which lubricant they may have used? If not certain, any recommendations specific for the M96?

BigAL
04-10-2005, 7:25 AM
Break Free CLP. Or any other good CLP will work fine.

Turbinator
04-10-2005, 9:12 AM
I think the question was, which lube did THEY use, not which lube HE should use.. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I have no idea, but I have a buddy with an M96, I could ask him if he knows.

Turby

jon.ocab@gmail.com
04-10-2005, 3:39 PM
At first I didn't understand what you were talking about. I had to google M96 to realize you weren't talking about a Swedish Mauser. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dwtt
04-10-2005, 8:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mugwump:
I finally got around to cleaning the M96, noticed the bolt and carrier were still sopping wet with the lubricant from the factory (picked the rifle up in August 04 and I've put a few hundreds rounds through it). Any idea which lubricant they may have used? If not certain, any recommendations specific for the M96? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I ask where you got the M96 from and how much? Trader's in San Leandro is asking an arm and a leg for the M96 the last time I looked.

Mugwump
04-10-2005, 9:06 PM
I got the M96 straight from Robinson, my FFL passed on the dealer price to me so I paid $1200.

gloxter
04-10-2005, 9:11 PM
To dwtt: I'm actually considering selling my M96 carbine so I can complete my 50BMG project. If you're interested, let me know. I'll also include some extras to make the deal even sweeter. I haven't listed in the For Sale section yet. The rifle is in VERY good condition, except for some finish wear on the barrel near the gas port and some brass nicks behind the ejection port (all are normal). Furniture is perfect. I can meet at your dealer if offer is reasonable. Best offer. -gloxter

04-11-2005, 9:48 PM
FWIW Mug, I've used that Kleenbore stuff (Formula 3 or whatever) on my M96 since day one. Works fine for me - smells better than CLP too.

I'd suspect that yours won't be too picky about it either.

Turbinator
04-12-2005, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dwtt:
Can I ask where you got the M96 from and how much? Trader's in San Leandro is asking an arm and a leg for the M96 the last time I looked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My buddy actually bought his from Traders.. I guess he'll need an extra arm or leg http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mugwump's got the right idea, get it straight from Robinson's that way you don't have to pay the markup if your dealer doesn't charge you extra.

Turby

militia_bob
04-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Are the M96's legal to bring into Kalifornia? I've been intrigued by them and wanted to buy one before the ban.

double_action
04-12-2005, 1:45 PM
someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he means this rifleā€¦

http://www.robarm.com/images/M96%20CA%20700.jpg

gloxter
04-12-2005, 6:57 PM
The "California Carbine" which is pictured above is still legal in California, without the grip. It is shipped to your FFL just as pictured. I'm selling mine if you don't want to pay over $1,000 for a new one. They are VERY nice rifles. Mine gets everyone's attention wherever I shoot it. Interested? -gloxter

dwtt
04-12-2005, 7:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gloxter:
The "California Carbine" which is pictured above is still legal in California, without the grip. It is shipped to your FFL just as pictured. I'm selling mine if you don't want to pay over $1,000 for a new one. They are VERY nice rifles. Mine gets everyone's attention wherever I shoot it. Interested? -gloxter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to buy your M96, gloxter, but I don't know if I can offer you enough to get your interest. I'm also trying to get a .50 cal receiver built up and plan to use my tax return for that. My original plan was to save up and buy a M96 near the end of this year, so I don't have enough money right now. Of course, once I get my .50 cal done, I might get so involved with it that I'll lose interest in the M96 until next year. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Good luck in selling your M96 and building up your .50

Sharnhorst
04-12-2005, 9:13 PM
gloxter, lets talk about your m96, iv been lookin at getting one. cjoseph@astound.net