PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75B SA trigger/hammer problem?

kwest10
08-05-2009, 1:39 PM
shot last weeks steel match and it started to hic up. It's new and I've put 800+ rounds through it without ONE failure whatsoever. Halfway through the match it wasn't firing. Thought it was the cheap Egyptian surplus ammo I was using. Moved over to some blazer and WWB and same thing. Basically pull the trigger and the hammer doesn't drop. Did a hasty field strip and clean and same thing. Got home and it looks like something is jamming a bit. Just below the hammer is a littel silver widget that moves when you pull the trigger that drops the hammer. It looks like it doesn't fully disengage and takes 1-3 more trigger pulls to make it drop. I'm thinking it still isn't FULLY broke in yet? I cleaned it and have been dry firing it. It's gotten better but am SHOCKED that a CZ of all guns is doing this. Tried dry firing again this morning and it didn't do it at all but now I'll wonder if the problem will persist?
I don't think i've read a single bad thing about this pistol. Even from die hard glock, sig, 1911 or whatever camp you happen to be from. Anyone ever deal with the warranty dept? TIA

rivviepop
08-05-2009, 4:01 PM
Wow, it does sound like you're having a problem with the sear (that's the silver widget part). Just for reference here's a blog with great pictures and descriptions of the fire control on CZ:

http://drstrangegun.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html

From your description it sounds like something may have either come unhinged (spring?) or actually broken (trigger bar?), I would advise you take it to a local gunsmith for a quick look to get some professional advice (or a buddy who is gunsmith-inclined). If you're pulling the trigger and the sear isn't going up and allowing the hammer to go forward it sounds like a "harder than simple" fix if you're not CZ-fixing inclined yet.

SCMA-1
08-05-2009, 4:41 PM
Whether or not it's related to your malfunction, I would not use that milsurp egyptian 9mm ball in your pistol. It's my understanding that those rounds are for SMG's (hot loads). I went through close to 10K of those rounds back in the day; used them only for shoulder fired weapons, FYI.

SCMA-1

railroader
08-05-2009, 5:12 PM
It is probably the the over travel screw on your trigger. My gun did the same thing as yours until it wouldn't fire. The screw got loose and turned itself in to where the trigger wasn't going far enough back to trip the sear. Try backing the allen screw out some and if that fixes your problem get some blue locktite for the screw. Mark

kwest10
08-05-2009, 5:59 PM
i thought it was called the sear. Didnt want to get it wrong and have the technical nazi's jump all over me and lose site of the OP.
Just to clarify. It's not doing it 100% of the time but happened several times during the shoot so I put it away. Tried cleaning it at home and would only do it every 10-15 pulls. This morning I dry fired it 20+ times and didn't do it once. I'll try adjusting the screw first. Been meaning to do that anyway.

railroader
08-05-2009, 6:04 PM
I think the silver widget you are referring to is the sear. You will see it lift up and release the hammer at the hammer "hooks". Let us know if you get it fixed. Mark

kwest10
08-05-2009, 7:59 PM
It is probably the the over travel screw on your trigger. My gun did the same thing as yours until it wouldn't fire. The screw got loose and turned itself in to where the trigger wasn't going far enough back to trip the sear. Try backing the allen screw out some and if that fixes your problem get some blue locktite for the screw. Mark

weener weener cheekin deenir!
I turned it a bit. 100+ dry fires and not one single malfunction. Thank you sir.

J-cat
08-05-2009, 8:31 PM
It's gotten better but am SHOCKED that a CZ of all guns is doing this.

Why?

Batbunny
08-05-2009, 8:32 PM
I have actually had the same problem with my CZ 75B DA/SA model. I was sure what to think of the problem so I contacted CZ and they had me send it in on their dime. So far CZ customer service has been great I hope to get my gun back soon. I'm glad to see that there might be a relatively simple fix to the problem assuming of course mine has the same problem.

rivviepop
08-06-2009, 10:00 AM
weener weener cheekin deenir!
I turned it a bit. 100+ dry fires and not one single malfunction. Thank you sir.

Glad it was so simple! :) I myself just had to put some locktite on the rear site screw of my TS last night, it had vibrated loose and my sight came off at the match on Sunday. :( I'm standing on a wobble board after scooting along it, pull the gun up for a sight picture and "oh crap!". Oh joy.

rivviepop
08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm glad to see that there might be a relatively simple fix to the problem assuming of course mine has the same problem.

Yours won't be the same -- the DA/SA has a curved trigger with no screw (basically a "normal" trigger), the SA only model has more of a bar trigger with this screw near the fulcrum for fine tuning of your trigger pull.

Batbunny
08-06-2009, 3:55 PM
Yours won't be the same -- the DA/SA has a curved trigger with no screw (basically a "normal" trigger), the SA only model has more of a bar trigger with this screw near the fulcrum for fine tuning of your trigger pull.

Darn! Thanks for the info.