PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding transfers...

awong251
08-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I and a fellow Calgunner are wanting to do a trade. I live in Northern California and he lives in Southern California. He has a SW MP 9mm and I have a Glock 19. How does that work? Do we go through our respective gun shop we have chosen or is it more involved than that?

Any help in clarifying or what needs to be done would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you for your help and time.

Albert

rbetts
08-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Pick your FFL's and send the guns to them. They are consider regular transfers, so fees apply on each end. Hopefully the fees are reasonable for each of you. It is not a private party transfer because you are both not in the same location at the same time.

Essentially this is the same as any regular gun purchase.

kemasa
08-05-2009, 8:10 AM
You can do it as a regular transfer, or you could meet in the middle and do two PPT, which the fees are limited. While it is a bit of driving, it might be worth it. You need to go twice, so you would need to decide where you want to do it.

awong251
08-05-2009, 8:43 AM
You can do it as a regular transfer, or you could meet in the middle and do two PPT, which the fees are limited. While it is a bit of driving, it might be worth it. You need to go twice, so you would need to decide where you want to do it.

It looks like I will just have to bow out and let him know as well. He most likely doesn't want to drive up and I don't want to drive down. I am sure my Glock 19 would trade easily up here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thank you for your help and time.

kemasa
08-05-2009, 9:06 AM
You can do the transfer through a dealer. While the fee is not limited to $10, you might be able to find a FFL which does not charge too much and so it would be worth it. I would not give up until you check things out.