PDA

View Full Version : Want to trade pistols for a few days?

Vin496
08-04-2009, 3:44 PM
Alright guys, I have been wanting a to try out a Glock 20 SF, no one I know has one or are there any for rent at my local ranges.

I would like to see if maybe someone wouldn't be interested in trading pistol for a few days, maybe a week or so.

I would like to do this with a more established member just to be safe for all involved.

I have a few non roster pieces that might be of interest.

Here is a list of some of the items I have,

HK45
HK P30
HK P7M8
HK USP 45
HKP2000(.40)
Glock 22 RTF
Sig P229(.40/.357 Sig)
Sig 2022(9mm)
Nighthawk Predator II
Ruger GP100

I'm in the Downey area, let me know if you might be interested in doing this.

Rekrab
08-04-2009, 4:23 PM
Uh... are you talking about doing a PPT? I'm not totally up on the law but I would be incredibly nervous about letting someone borrow my guns o.O

BlackReef
08-04-2009, 4:23 PM
Is the G20SF a 10mm?

Z ME FLY
08-04-2009, 4:24 PM
Is the G20SF a 10mm?

Yup

also the g20 is too :)

Z ME FLY
08-04-2009, 4:25 PM
Oh yeah good luck you have some VERY nice guns to trade for a week

Vin496
08-04-2009, 4:27 PM
Uh... are you talking about doing a PPT? I'm not totally up on the law but I would be incredibly nervous about letting someone borrow my guns o.O

I'm talking about lending each other our guns. Completely OK to do(as long as it's under 30 days and we both have our HSC cards), we can meet and just exchange guns then meet up again to give them back.

That's the reason I will only do this with "established" members.

CHS
08-04-2009, 4:40 PM

He's talking about a short-term loan. Perfectly legal at the Fed and State level here in CA.

b18bturboek9
08-04-2009, 4:50 PM
why dont you meet one of the calguns members at a range and trade for that day at the range mainly because i'd never trust someone with one of my guns incase it was stolen or damaged or a million different reasons or even used in a crime putting you in a bigger pisser but just my thoughts on it.

Ishoot
08-04-2009, 4:56 PM
why dont you meet one of the calguns members at a range and trade for that day at the range mainly because i'd never trust someone with one of my guns incase it was stolen or damaged or a million different reasons or even used in a crime putting you in a bigger pisser but just my thoughts on it.

Probably a better idea. Not too many fellas I trust handling my guns. Could be just me though. :o

Vin496
08-04-2009, 5:08 PM
Probably a better idea. Not too many fellas I trust handling my guns. Could be just me though. :o

I can see where your coming from. The reason I want a few day trade is so that I can get a real feel for the gun. Take it out a few times, just see how I like it in an everyday situation.

If you noticed, I am offering up pistols that are of at least equal value to 6X the value, and items that unless your real lucky, you wont get your hands on out here.

Again, this is why I will only do this with known members with an established history. I now it's a out there request, but why not give it a shot.

I of course will be careful and would expect the same in return.

Rekrab
08-04-2009, 5:22 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to start a debate here >.>

Carry on and ignore me! :)

Z ME FLY
08-04-2009, 5:25 PM
I can see where your coming from. The reason I want a few day trade is so that I can get a real feel for the gun. Take it out a few times, just see how I like it in an everyday situation.

If you noticed, I am offering up pistols that are of at least equal value to 6X the value, and items that unless your real lucky, you wont get your hands on out here.

Again, this is why I will only do this with known members with an established history. I now it's a out there request, but why not give it a shot.

If I had a G20SF, I would love to take an HK out for a spin :) I am sure someone would jump on that Nighthawk haha....

Greg-Dawg
08-04-2009, 5:55 PM
Sorry dude, I don't know you well enough to lend my 10mm.

Vin496
08-04-2009, 6:00 PM
Sorry dude, I don't know you well enough to lend my 10mm.

You have no itrader ratings, I wouldn't deal with you.

sammy
08-04-2009, 6:22 PM
I am located in the East Bay area and would be happy to let you try out my 20SF. I am heading out to the Sonora area this weekend if interested.

Black Majik
08-04-2009, 6:26 PM
Mmm... HK45. Makes me wish I had a G20SF! :chris:

supermario
08-04-2009, 7:57 PM

+1, do a couple days at the range with different calgunners so you can get the feel and dont have to leave sight of your handgun! No matter how nice people are, i would never want to loan out a gun. A million things could go wrong even if the person is responsible.

SCMA-1
08-04-2009, 8:02 PM
Besides the obvious, there are so many other things beyond one's control that can happen to/with the gun. It's not like lending someone your VCR.

Z ME FLY
08-04-2009, 8:08 PM
It's up to the OP if he wants to trade pistols for a couple of days. That is why he IS NOT going to lend it out to anyone here. Yes a million things can go wrong but that can be helped if someone is trustworthy. I guess we are saying we are a bunch of gangbangers and shady people here?

Like I said before, if I had a 20SF I'll trade you.

Acorn556
08-04-2009, 8:16 PM
Well I have a 0 iTrader rating so I guess trading a new 1911 for anything HK is out. Tahnks for the offer though. Probably couldn't afford the ammo.

Vin496
08-04-2009, 8:19 PM
It's up to the OP if he wants to trade pistols for a couple of days. That is why he IS NOT going to lend it out to anyone here. Yes a million things can go wrong but that can be helped if someone is trustworthy. I guess we are saying we are a bunch of gangbangers and shady people here?

Like I said before, if I had a 20SF I'll trade you.

+1
I guess it's just me, I have no emotional attachment to items. A gun is a piece of equipment plain and simple. So in that regards it is a VHS to me.

As for all these "other" things that could go wrong, what could they be?

The gun gets used in some illegal activity? Well being that the trade would have been fairly well documented here, I'm not too worried about that. What else some ding or scratch? Well that's what happens to tools that get used. I would be extra careful as I would expect the other user to be as well. If I totally scratched the heck out of the frame, I would make it right.

That is why I posted some conditions for the trade. To be honest I probably wont find someone around me who has what i want, but it's worth a try.

Vin496
08-04-2009, 8:23 PM
I am located in the East Bay area and would be happy to let you try out my 20SF. I am heading out to the Sonora area this weekend if interested.

Where is the Sonora Area? That's up North isn't it? I'm in the L.A. area. But Thank you.

Well I have a 0 iTrader rating so I guess trading a new 1911 for anything HK is out. Tahnks for the offer though. Probably couldn't afford the ammo.

:confused:

locosway
08-04-2009, 8:26 PM
I have a G20, but not the SF. Do you have small hands?

I'd go to the range with you and trade there, but there's no way my gun is going out of my sight for numerous reasons.

Have you shot other Glocks? They all pretty much shoot the same imo.

Z ME FLY
08-04-2009, 8:44 PM

LOL HUH? :confused:

flatovercrest
08-04-2009, 8:58 PM

I'm shocked..I'm either a total ***** that trusts absolutely noone in life, or you are very naive.
Most likely the first case, good luck with the experiment :thumbsup: