PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Creek Quarry clean up?

Bobula
08-04-2009, 2:21 PM
Anyone near Amador county want to help me clean up the tiger creek quarry? It'd only be an hour or two job with a few people.

kjorgy
08-10-2009, 7:26 PM
I could try this weekend. Can you PM me the directions.

5hundo
09-01-2009, 3:29 PM
Anyone near Amador county want to help me clean up the tiger creek quarry? It'd only be an hour or two job with a few people.

Out of curiosity, aren't they forcing people out of there now?

I've heard they've pretty much shut that place down...

Bobula
09-15-2009, 6:25 PM
Out of curiosity, aren't they forcing people out of there now?

I've heard they've pretty much shut that place down...

They wish they could. You can't deny access to public land. Simple as that.

ponderosa
09-15-2009, 9:55 PM
They wish they could. You can't deny access to public land. Simple as that.

Really? The BLM has posted 'no shooting' signs up on a informal shooting area near me fairly recently. Put gates up too. Do not think they are denying access, but they are certainly denying shooting. Photo of the sign is on my phone, I'll post it up tomorrow if I remember.

Bobula
09-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Really? The BLM has posted 'no shooting' signs up on a informal shooting area near me fairly recently. Put gates up too. Do not think they are denying access, but they are certainly denying shooting. Photo of the sign is on my phone, I'll post it up tomorrow if I remember.

They can post no shooting signs.

ponderosa
09-16-2009, 1:01 PM
They can post no shooting signs.

Yes, rather a bit of a bummer, but happens when people don't pick up after themselves. Supposedly "people" were shooting at the train that goes by about 200-300? yards up the hill too... so more complicated than just trash, but trash was another reason. Sad.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3926455797_f79148da7f.jpg

sorry, didn't really mean to derail this post...