PDA

View Full Version : CA handgun transfer from out of state - quick question on modifications

ubershinobi
08-03-2009, 11:47 PM
If the handgun is on the approved safe list, what modifications can make it lose roster status?? What if the gun was discontinued but still on the safe list, how will the dealer know it is modified?

ubershinobi
08-03-2009, 11:49 PM
In other words, how can the dealer know if it had a modified ambi safety or a full guide rod and that it just didn't come that way to begin with or vice versa ie.-removed?

Greg-Dawg
08-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Are we talking about the Glock 21SF?

ubershinobi
08-03-2009, 11:54 PM
I wasn't talking about any gun in particular. I had a 1911 in mind. I'm just wondering if something like an ambi safety is a modification that removes roster status and how a dealer would know how every model comes straight from the factory.

Leesan82
08-04-2009, 1:15 PM
For factory 1911's most manufactor won't do custom option on their CA roster model, I think Wilson, Ed Brown and Nighthawk all states this in their policy. However, you can sent it back to the factory for all your custom needs after you received the gun.

Don't know about purchasing a modified roster gun from end user out of state. I assume if your FFL's fine with it than no problem.