PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 or Sig 226 9mm?

mykeg11
08-03-2009, 8:55 PM
I'm in the market for a 9mm handgun that is reliable. Which would you suggest and why?
The Glock is priced nice:)

aplinker
08-03-2009, 9:00 PM
Either? Both?

They both do things great.

What's its primary use?

I love shooting Sigs. I like shooting Glocks. Training is easier with a Glock (simpler manual of arms).

Try them both... then flip the coin. Just buy whichever you want more - only way you'll be happy.

mykeg11
08-03-2009, 9:05 PM
Turners has the Glock 17 on sale right now for $539 (around there). Unless someone tells me why I should buy the Sig instead looks like it will be the Glock.

Spyder
08-03-2009, 9:06 PM
Go to a shop that has them both. Hold them both one at a time. Switch back and forth a few times. Buy the one that "feels" better to you.

I prefer Sig's but have been pretty heavily trained in Glocks and they've grown on me as well. Lots of different features to both, as UCLA said...

TZL
08-03-2009, 9:06 PM
both are nice and very reliable

Glock is $500-550, Sig is more like $800-900+ depending on the variant

you really have to shoot them to decide which you like, i prefer Sigs

Go to a range that rents guns and try them out.....

I own both Sigs and Glocks....get both

SJgunguy24
08-03-2009, 9:16 PM
I'm gonna say Glock. Sig's quality handguns but I don't like external safeties. If i'm grabbing my pistol to defend myself I don't want to have to remember to flip a lever to get off a shot.
Sig mags are expensive, 40-50$ IIRC, Glock mags 20-30$. The Glock platform simplicity at it's finest. There isn't anything on my Glock that can break(short of major kaboom) that I can't swap out in 1 min flat. Lemmie see someone detail strip a Sig 226 with only 5/32" punch.

hybridatsun350
08-03-2009, 9:19 PM
I love SIG's as works of art, but I prefer to shoot Glock's because of their simplicity. There is just something about Glock's that I like. They are tools. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm gonna say Glock. Sig's quality handguns but I don't like external safeties. If i'm grabbing my pistol to defend myself I don't want to have to remember to flip a lever to get off a shot.

SIG's don't have external/ manual safeties.

creampuff
08-03-2009, 9:22 PM
First the usual answer: Try what fits you best. That is the one to get first.

I said "first", because throughout the years, all my posts I started with xxx vs brand xxxx; inevitably I ended up purchasing both. If I have thought about both long enough, it won't be long that a year from now, you will think about choice #2.

Don't worry unlike marriage, it will be ok to look behind your back a year from now, and get both.

J-cat
08-03-2009, 9:24 PM
The Sig is twice as accurate, if that's important to you.

HeHateMe
08-03-2009, 9:26 PM
"If i'm grabbing my pistol to defend myself I don't want to have to remember to flip a lever to get off a shot."

umm...my 226 doesn't need a lever flipped to get a shot off. There is a decocking lever, but there's no manual safety. It is DA/SA....if you mean that the transition between DA/SA might throw you off, but that's why we have ranges, to practice.

hybridatsun350
08-03-2009, 9:28 PM
The Sig is twice as accurate, if that's important to you.

How do you figure? :confused:

J-cat
08-03-2009, 9:34 PM
Shoot both for groups, and the Sig will be more accurate. Handload for both and the Sig will blow the Glock away.

trendar5
08-03-2009, 9:34 PM
I guess he shoots all his rounds through one hole with a Glock, and all his rounds through half a hole with his Sig. :)

creampuff
08-03-2009, 9:35 PM
I am more of a Sig fan, than a glock fan, because of the angle of the grip, and the dampening effect of a heavier gun with regards to recoil. And maybe, from a bench rest the my Sigs might be more accurate than the Glocks I have fired.

But from a practical point of view, from a home defense aspect, and target shooting they are both accurate enough. Not only that, but I believe the first shot from a Glock will probably be more accurate than the first double action shot from a Sig. Well, at least for me....

So once again its still a toss up and a no lose situation whichever one you decide on.

mykeg11
08-03-2009, 9:35 PM
If i dont like the way the Glock feels necessarily, can't I just change the grip?

creampuff
08-03-2009, 9:42 PM
If i dont like the way the Glock feels necessarily, can't I just change the grip?

You can add wrap arounds, but you won't be able to change the grip. If that is what you are looking for, take a look at the HK 2000. However, that is more of a compact format, than a full size form. But really the best thing to do, is try them all, and find out what fits you best.

8200rpm
08-03-2009, 9:50 PM
For the price of a SIG, you can have a Glock, holster, couple extra magazines, TLR-1, and a case of ammo.

Grips are just personal preference. You'll get over it. There are plenty of shooters that shoot the Glock well. IMO, the whole "fits my hand better" thing is over-rated. I have a P226 and G19. It ain't that big a deal. You can make either one work for you.

J-cat
08-03-2009, 9:52 PM
In all fairness, you can somewhat change the grip on the Glock with epoxy.

mykeg11
08-03-2009, 9:57 PM
To be truthful, I doubt I'll be shooting it much anyway. Typically I go shooting times a year if that. Most of that is at a local shooting range.

bernieb90
08-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Ergonomics will dictate your choice more than anything else. My hands are small, and the Glock grip is WAY too big for me. Also the grip angle on the Sig suits my shooting style much better. Both are quality pistols, and should serve you well.

thmpr
08-03-2009, 10:09 PM
All metal for me....:)

Greg-Dawg
08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Glock because they're perfect.

JTROKS
08-03-2009, 10:23 PM
That's a hard one. The Sig fits my hand so nicely, but the Glock is also sweet to shoot. Get both.

locosway
08-03-2009, 10:50 PM
If you don't shoot often and are more looking for a HD gun and revolvers are out then I would suggest the Glock. There's a lot of reasons to go with a Glock as many others have covered, and while the Sig is a really nice gun there's one thing you should keep in mind.

If the Glock is loaded, it's ready to fire. There's no guessing, load and go. That's a good thing when it's dark, or you get woken up at night, or any number of other scenarios.

Also, if you're just interested in HD then you may consider the Glock 19 instead of the 17 as it is a little more compact but should have the same feel to it.

SJgunguy24
08-04-2009, 12:27 AM
"If i'm grabbing my pistol to defend myself I don't want to have to remember to flip a lever to get off a shot."

umm...my 226 doesn't need a lever flipped to get a shot off. There is a decocking lever, but there's no manual safety. It is DA/SA....if you mean that the transition between DA/SA might throw you off, but that's why we have ranges, to practice.

Never had the coin to get into a Sig. My Glocks have all been screaming deals. Thats another thing, the trigger is the same every shot.

MP301
08-04-2009, 1:32 AM
Sig mags are expensive, 40-50$ IIRC, Glock mags 20-30$. The Glock platform simplicity at it's finest. There isn't anything on my Glock that can break(short of major kaboom) that I can't swap out in 1 min flat. Lemmie see someone detail strip a Sig 226 with only 5/32" punch.

Uh, I dont know which sigs you have been playing with, but my 226's and my 220...and for that matter my buddies 228 DO NOT have external safeties....meaning no lever to flip.

Sigs are safer IMHO because they are double / single automatics.....meaning the first shot is a long trigger pull like a revolver. You would be hard pressed to ever have a negligent disharge considering you cant just bump the trigger and make it go off....like a glock..

I use my Sigs for work and after many years of close calls, I will never carry a 1911, glock, XD or anything else that is not a double/single for work. And whomever buys into the BS about having to readjust your grip etc after the first shot, then you must be a novice shooter. I can double tap or empty a mag into the middle of my target (combat) all day long.

As far as reliability, etc...they are all great guns. Each have thier pros and cons, so on that end its personal preference. If your getting a pistol to target shoot slow fire from the ready position, then it doesnt matter as much. But if your going to carry it the added safety is worth the extra price, while not reducing your speed or accuracy.

Sigs are more expensive, but the mags are not. I can tell you several places to get factory mags for the same or less then a glock. AND, Sigs feel better in MY hand. To me, they look better too! but again, its personal preference..

SJgunguy24, Im thinking that you have not spent as much time with Sigs...at least as much as Glocks, or you would know that one is not better then the other..just different....and you would know that Sigs dont have external safeties.....

OP, if you dont take the time to shoot all contenders and study all the pros and cons, then your short changing yourself...or better yet, buy both and get the best of both worlds...

AlliedArmory
08-04-2009, 2:25 AM
Sig P226 no question....if you can afford it

pTa
08-04-2009, 3:04 AM
Owning both pistols, I can't steer you one way or the other.

However, I have three times as many Sigs as Glocks.

ELEVENTH HOUR
08-04-2009, 3:23 AM
Hey OP, what will it's main duty be? CCW or?

Both are reliable and 9mm Glocks are nice but if you have the extra coin go with a Sig....http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg131/1InsideMan/Smileys/nuke.gif

civilsnake
08-04-2009, 5:56 AM
If the G17 fits in your hand, then you can feel safe going with it. In the hands of the average shooter, they're going to perform the same. The extra few hundred bucks will be getting you an alloy frame as opposed to a polymer one if you're just talking occasional shooting and HD.

BTW, where are you located? I know a place in SoCal that has better deals on Glocks than that every day.

Hans Gruber
08-04-2009, 6:32 AM
I have a G17 and a Sig P239.

I'm FAR more comfortable (personally) carrying the Sig with a round in the chamber due to the fact that I can decock it. I practice with the double action trigger all of the time so for me it's not a problem.

Just like the Glock, if there's a round in the chamber, it's ready to go bang, so that's not really a pro for the Glock IMHO.

I also like the fact that the Crimson Trace laser grip for the Sigs (at least my 239) has an external switch to turn it off for practicing with the iron sights at the range. The G17 CT grips have to come off and the batteries removed which is a pain in the junk.

I'm probably going to trade off my G17 now that I think about it...

Fissssh
08-04-2009, 6:34 AM
Sig P226, nothing has felt better in my hand, shootin it is pretty good too.

yasushi
08-04-2009, 6:43 AM
I think all comes down to your personal preference. I have small hands and if the gun does not feel & fit right I don't shoot well. I mainly own and shoot 1911's but have shot Glocks and Sigs side by side and Sig was more comfortable and pointed and shot better (to me).

If you are going to keep and shoot this gun for yourself then I would think about long term benefits rather than focus just on the price.

My $.02

drunktank
08-04-2009, 8:24 AM
Some sigs do come with manual safeties.

Remember one thing though. If you have a chance to hold both of them side by side at a shop, it doesn't mean they'll actually feel the same when actually shooting them side by side.

drunktank
08-04-2009, 8:27 AM
^^^oops I just noticed the 226 in the title. I've never seen those with an external safety.

GammaRei
08-04-2009, 9:05 AM
I am really partial to Glocks. But in this case I would recommend you to find a place where you can fire both and get a feel for them. Reliability wise you really cant go wrong with either. . .

- G

MiguelS
08-04-2009, 9:14 AM
I buy used Sigs for the cost of a new glock. At some point you will realize that used is sometimes better with guns.

To me though Glocks are ugly.

I don't carry, so weight is not important. I prefer overall metal than plastic.

J-cat
08-04-2009, 9:23 AM
I have a G17 and a Sig P239.

I'm FAR more comfortable (personally) carrying the Sig with a round in the chamber due to the fact that I can decock it.

But the Glock isn't "cocked", not all the way, when you are carrying it. You "cock" the striker when you pull the trigger.

Hans Gruber
08-04-2009, 9:34 AM
But the Glock isn't "cocked", not all the way, when you are carrying it. You "cock" the striker when you pull the trigger.

I have a 3.5# disconnect on mine so it might as well be cocked (when it comes to manipulating the weapon under stress). Without the disconnect, I find glock triggers a bit crap (for me).

sd1023x
08-04-2009, 9:40 AM

My sig 226 doesn't have any external safeties. I'll post a pic if you don't believe me. Think there is a decocker but no safety.

I love glocks, I got 9mm family of them, but I also own a sig 226 which is a beaut also.

Pros/Cons

1. Glock, indestructible, I baby my sig 226 cuz I don't like getting dings on my guns (sig has aluminum frame). But my Glock, its a beater, I was pullin my glock out of a fobus holster (crap by the way) and scratched my slide the entire length on a exposed rivet on the fobus holster. Some cursing and buffing and it was as if the scratch didn't exist. I'm a believer in TENIFER! http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1087266 http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Item

Don't get me wrong, sig 226 is tough as nails, but I like to try and keep my guns purdy.

2. Size, sig 226 is dimensionally smaller than Glock 17, but just as accurate. I don't know how much you know about pistols, but in my experience, big gonzo guns are cool accurate and powerful, but are a pain to conceal/carry. Of all my pistols, my G26 gets the most use.

3. Trigger, sig trigger is more crisp. Glock trigger is not so crisp, but consistent and easy to learn.

All that said....Glock. Who knows, you might not enjoy pistol shooting and end up with one pistol, can't go wrong with the Glock for simplicity and ease of maintenance.

Ninja45
08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Coming from a guy with 7 glocks (various calibers) and only two Sigs (226 and 220ST), you'll be surprise with my answer. For 9 mm (17, 19, 34) comparison, I will ALWAYS go to my Sig 226 for accuracy work. I am just not as accurate with my 9mm Glocks (but has no problem with my .40's and .45's).

I know, I'm just weird that way!

Get them both!

KevinXT
08-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Glock 17... for price and reliability.. you cant beat it.. i like the trigger a little better on the sig though.

Iknownot
08-04-2009, 10:21 AM
I know which I'd pick. The 226.

IMO, it makes a way more fun range gun. It's much nicer to shoot, with much less flip and felt recoil. From what I've seen, it's also more accurate than the glock.

What it would come down to though, I think is whether you like the grip angle on the glock vs the sig.

It took me awhile, renting glocks at the range, before I finally became comfortable with the grip angle enough to shoot a glock reasonably well.

Why, I don't know, but that is the way it was.

With the sig, it was pretty much pick up and point from the get go. As a result, I just liked the sig better.

Plus, the sig's SA trigger is way better than the glocks. I personally think that once you get used to the first DA pull on the sig, that the trigger is better than the glock's as well. The glock trigger always feels a bit gritty and less smooth to me.

Couple that with the fact that the sig is just easier to shoot (less recoil) and the choice was easy for me about which of the two I like better.

Still, it comes down to some hands on time. Visit a range and rent both the sig and the glock and see which you like better. I had fun doing so.

BlackViper
08-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I have a 226 in 9mm and am about to buy a G21 (.45). So I can't comment from experience on the Glock but I'll explain myself.

The SIG to me is grab and go. No external safety, no mess - but the first DA pull is long so it's still very safe (if you feel you really need safety). The de-cocking lever is great and now that I'm branching out I know its going to be strange not having it on other makes/models.

So why the Glock? Well I wanted something in .45 - and I basically wanted something that will run after being thrown in the dirt and dragged down stairs (and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about). I won't be competition-shooting with it or anything - it's main purpose is to make a big hole in whatever means to do me harm so as long as I can put them all center mass it'll be accurate enough for me.

All that said, I'd love a 220 combat too, but I wanted something different. If I end up not liking the G21 I'll sell it and get the 220.

Btw, MecGar 226 mags are $18 at Wideners to whomever erroneously said they were $40.

sd1023x
08-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I have a 226 in 9mm and am about to buy a G21 (.45). So I can't comment from experience on the Glock but I'll explain myself.

The SIG to me is grab and go. No external safety, no mess - but the first DA pull is long so it's still very safe (if you feel you really need safety). The de-cocking lever is great and now that I'm branching out I know its going to be strange not having it on other makes/models.

So why the Glock? Well I wanted something in .45 - and I basically wanted something that will run after being thrown in the dirt and dragged down stairs (and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about). I won't be competition-shooting with it or anything - it's main purpose is to make a big hole in whatever means to do me harm so as long as I can put them all center mass it'll be accurate enough for me.

All that said, I'd love a 220 combat too, but I wanted something different. If I end up not liking the G21 I'll sell it and get the 220.

Btw, MecGar 226 mags are $18 at Wideners to whomever erroneously said they were $40.

+1 on MECGAR.

Mstnpete
08-04-2009, 11:51 AM
I have both but I like the Glocks better. I've done trigger jobs on both and my Glocks feel like 1911 trigger pulls.
I never liked the double action on first trigger pull of the Sigs. For defense mode the first shot is the most important. And they made it the hardest pull.
So I took out the double action on my Sigs! It has now same trigger pull. Single action trigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-cat
Shoot both for groups, and the Sig will be more accurate. Handload for both and the Sig will blow the Glock away.

Accuracy is done by a shooter not by the gun
Glocks have constant trigger pull, Sigs have double action which makes the first trigger pull very heavy. And can cause "flintching & jerking " to a newbie shooter. Unless you cock the Sig before firing the first shot. Both will do one hole shots at 25 yards.

Just my 2 cents!

Mstnpete
08-04-2009, 5:18 PM
When it comes to reliability, nothing beats the Glock. Since I've tortured tested my Glocks through USPSA/IPSC competition shooting. By having the entire magazine fully loaded with ammo drop in sand and no time to clean , it kept on going. With a cracked extractor, it still kept on extracting shells. Shooting
250 rounds per weekend and only cleaning it after every 500 rounds.
It is like the Energizer Bunny!!

sava6e
08-04-2009, 6:27 PM
you shoulda known better than to ask this, there are those who swear by one or the other and will tell you why the other is crap. i own both, honestly imho sig=ferrari, glock=toyota. toyotas always work but arnt delux, ferraris feel good, operate well but require a bit more maintanence. if you get a sig you wont regret it, if you get a glock you will always wonder why you didnt spend a lil more to get a finer product, and then you will be able to stumble across a glock down the road. or just get both as people have said. just steer clear of the higher pressure cartrige glocks as they are notorious for KaBoom

Black Majik
08-04-2009, 6:29 PM
I shoot my Glocks better, but I'd get rid of it before I got rid of my P226.

In my opinion, it'd be:

German stamped slide P226 > Glock 17 > Cohen Kimberized P226

8200rpm
08-04-2009, 6:43 PM
:iagree:

German stamped slide P229 (1991). It's my "classic" hot rod. Used like it should be used. No safe queen here.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3979/dsc0011br2.jpg

Mstnpete
08-04-2009, 9:17 PM
just steer clear of the higher pressure cartrige glocks as they are notorious for KaBoom

I am really getting tired of Glocks getting blamed for KB's!
KB'S ARE CAUSED BY DOUBLE CHARGED RELOADS!!!!

Any gun will go KB if fed by a double charged load!

locosway
08-04-2009, 9:22 PM
KB'S ARE COST BY DOUBLE CHARGED RELOADS!!!!

Yep, I've seen HK's do the same with a double charge reload, and HK's have a fully supported barrel.

stormy_clothing
08-04-2009, 9:37 PM
g17 rtf 2 - awesome pistol, been making shots out to 100 yards reliably despite my 20/30 vision and no jam after 500 rounds

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2747/img0225aqi.jpg

jrau13
08-04-2009, 9:38 PM
I like Sig's personally. For a better price point comparison why not look at a Sig Pro 2022. I think that is going to be my next gun.

berettabattler
08-04-2009, 11:14 PM
I have a sig 226 in 9mm and so far I love it...

Is a reliable gun and fun to shoot, however though...

I'm thinking about getting a glock 19 for my second hand gun.

Price wise, Glocks are really affordable compare to Sigs.

Try both out and see which one you like more.

sava6e
08-04-2009, 11:27 PM
KB'S ARE CAUSED BY DOUBLE CHARGED RELOADS!!!!

i guess its the only pistol ive actually heard of having this problem, and from what i have heard it is caused by it firing out of battery rather than double charged loads.

Cato
08-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Sigs aren't what they used to be: poor finishes, plastic guide rods, and who know what else. Production has been ramped up to meet demand after the election. Now I love the Pre Obama Sigs; I own two. But I'm not going to pay 1K for a Sig until the quality comes back. I did pick up a Glock 17 that was fresh from the factory and the finish was excellent and I couldn't detect any cost cutting/time saving measures. If I were you I'd get a gently used p226 (pre election) or get a G17.

MiguelS
08-05-2009, 9:08 AM
pre-election? goodness.

Mstnpete
08-05-2009, 9:08 AM
i guess its the only pistol ive actually heard of having this problem, and from what i have heard it is caused by it firing out of battery rather than double charged loads.

Being a competition shooter I have seen many guns go KB.
From regular guns to $3500 race guns. Caused by reloaders that do not check the powder measurements.

626Tony
08-05-2009, 9:19 AM
I LOVE SIGS but Glock 17 RTF $499 for the dollar the glock by far even a 3rd gen is more expensive I got my rtf with night sights for $575 Bain and Davis!

epic4444
08-05-2009, 9:19 AM
i personally would start with a glock becuase i think 9mm is a better caliber for a glock...40 for the sig...and the glock is the easiest gun to use and clean so great for your first firearm...can always add a sig later

626Tony
08-05-2009, 9:21 AM
g17 rtf 2 - awesome pistol, been making shots out to 100 yards reliably despite my 20/30 vision and no jam after 500 rounds

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2747/img0225aqi.jpg

wonderful pistol!! I personally like the fish gills

Mstnpete
08-05-2009, 9:38 AM
I stippled my Glocks. Then I finally handled the RTF.
No grip tape or stippling needed. Having 14 Glocks and 5 Sigs.
Wish I could trade some of my older Glock frames to the new RTF frames!

locosway
08-05-2009, 9:41 AM
14 Glocks?? JESUS!!!

I just want three... My G20 I have now, a G19 for carry, and then a G35 for competitions.

Mstnpete
08-05-2009, 9:44 AM
14 Glocks?? JESUS!!!

I just want three... My G20 I have now, a G19 for carry, and then a G35 for competitions.

:p won some from GSSF Matches and USPSA competition matches. I have been shooting competitively since 1994.
I just built my G-20 for a pig hunting backup gun!

Here are some Glock projects I have done! Enjoy!
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=193977

elberettas
08-06-2009, 9:14 AM
If I were buying used, SIG P226 all the way. If I were buying new, GLOCK 17 RTF 2 no doubt. BTW, I own 6 SIGs. Good luck!

bsg
08-06-2009, 10:31 AM
i will go with my old w german sigs. however i also like the older glocks. your intended purpose is paramount to a decision, as well as your personal chemistry with the gun. if i was carrying in an extreme [weather] environment i would look closely at the glock. i am loyal to old sigs and living in southern california, i don't see any change to that loyalty. but DO go to a shooting range and rent both and then decide. good luck.

bohoki
08-06-2009, 2:08 PM
like the old guy from contact why buy one when you can have 2 at twice the cost

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e366/bohoki/DCP_7466.jpg

as to kabooms i haven't heard of any in 9mm

ontmark
08-07-2009, 11:15 AM
like the old guy from contact why buy one when you can have 2 at twice the cost

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e366/bohoki/DCP_7466.jpg

as to kabooms i haven't heard of any in 9mm

Good Grip angle comparison.

What is the longest shot you might have to make in your home?
Then go to a gun shop.
Estimate that same distance and pick a target on their wall.
Stare at it for awhile.
Then try to align each pistol with that same target with your eyes closed.
Which one comes closer? You will find your better grip angle for you.
I prefer the SIG. My HD is a P226R all Stainless with Crimson Trace Laser Grips in 40SW.

Good Luck

Get some Professional Training. A home defense shot in the dark with your entire adrenalin running can never be practiced on a range. Only thing that comes close is IDPA match under a timer and score.

RECCE556
08-07-2009, 2:30 PM
I own both and honestly, you'll have to try them out to see which one YOU like. There are certain things I like about the P226 and certain things I like about the G17.

With the P226 in particular, I would HIGHLY recommend the Short Reset Trigger (SRT)...this should be a factory standard in ALL SIG's. The normal reset sucks bad (the factory Glock reset is perfect)....and for me, I prefer the Short Trigger on the SIG's.

POLICESTATE
08-07-2009, 2:39 PM
I have a Sig P228 with decocker, so first shot it double action and the successive shots are all single. I like the feel, the reliability and personally I can't stand DAOs like the Glock.

RECCE556
08-07-2009, 9:48 PM
I have a Sig P228 with decocker, so first shot it double action and the successive shots are all single. I like the feel, the reliability and personally I can't stand DAOs like the Glock.Well "technically", Glocks are not DAO's. They're striker fire so they're already half cocked when you rack the slide. Most DAO's have overly heavy triggers (10#'s) and the Glocks average at 5-5.5# pull. I guess it's personal taste because I prefer a "single mode" trigger...meaning every pull is the same. Glock's striker fire and 1911's SA are my preferred triggers.

Like in a lot of LEO shootings, when I do timed training drills, I tend to "toss" my first round (DA) whereas with my Glocks and 1911's, I don't.

HkFan416
08-08-2009, 4:40 AM
Get both. I bought my XD first, going to buy the G17 next and then the P226.

I really miss the sig though, I think you would like it more.

But that glock price is just awesome.