PDA

View Full Version : KCI Korean Glock mag parts

larryt
08-03-2009, 7:02 PM
Do the Glock mags made in Korea (KCI) use parts close enough in tolerance to rebuild or replace parts on original Glock mags? I don't want to sacrifice reliability for price. Anyone tried this?

TonyKat
08-03-2009, 7:10 PM
Do the Glock mags made in Korea (KCI) use parts close enough in tolerance to rebuild or replace parts on original Glock mags? I don't want to sacrifice reliability for price. Anyone tried this?

This may be an ignorent statement but **** buying products from korea :chris:

larryt
08-03-2009, 7:22 PM
Fair enough. However, since I don't have a particular affinity for Austrian-made goods, either, I figure a $10 mag for parts isn't so bad.

DKSM08
08-03-2009, 7:52 PM

Why:confused:

railroader
08-03-2009, 8:46 PM

I think the parts would interchange with stock glock mags. The bodies on the korean mags I had didn't drop free without sanding though. Mark

TZL
08-03-2009, 9:10 PM
What kind of TV do you have? :43:

Blue Label
08-03-2009, 10:49 PM

Not only your statement, but your spelling is ignorant too :rolleyes:

till44
08-04-2009, 7:30 AM
I have one of the KCI mags and it works just as well as the standard Glock mags, and for half the price they're great range mags.

JTROKS
08-04-2009, 7:56 AM
I've been wondering about the quality on the KCI mags, can't beat the price, but will they work? I buy Korean products - I love Kimchee with my short ribs b-b-q.

Shane916
08-04-2009, 8:04 AM
New and slightly used Glock mags pop up all the time on GB for around $15-20. Why not invest an extra $5-10 in a quality OEM magazine?

GammaRei
08-04-2009, 9:04 AM

Can you elaborate further on that?

- G

sd1023x
08-04-2009, 9:53 AM
Supposedly the KCI brand was the lowest bidder to supply the Iraqis with spare glock mags. I am a total OEM-ONLY type of guy (another glock aftermarketer is Schrer, TOTAL CRAP!). Try some before jumping in with both feet. Let us know cuz I'm curious myself.

And you know what This may be an ignorent statement but **** buying products from korea :chris:

That is a pretty ignorent/IGNORANT comment

dchang0
08-04-2009, 9:54 AM
The KCI mags are okay for rebuilding. Just be ready to use an Xacto knife to clean off some of the extra flashing around the feed lips. Either that, or just use them for a while at the range to break them in.

I like the KCIs because you can drop them on dirt, sand, or concrete and not worry in the least. This past weekend, I was borrowing someone else's super-nice custom mags, and I was afraid to drop them and damage them.

quickcf
08-04-2009, 8:24 PM
Over 500 rounds through a KCI mag and no issues. Are there any Korean made Sig mags?

69Mach1
08-04-2009, 8:37 PM
I have one of the KCI mags and it works just as well as the standard Glock mags, and for half the price they're great range mags.

Now there are 33 round So. Korean Glock mags. For $20!
http://www.copesdistributing.net/images/KAHN%2033RD.jpg

Quiet
08-05-2009, 1:49 AM
The South Korean made 9x19mm Glock magazines are OEM.
Some ROK military and police units have adopted the Glock 19, part of the contract with Glock was the licensing of the production of the 9x19mm Glock mags for ROK.
Apparently, nothing in the licensing deal prevents Korean Glock magazine manufacturers (KCI/Kahn) from exporting the magazines to other countries. Thus, the reason why they are now being imported into the USA.
The KCI branded magazines seem to be higher quality than the Kahn branded magazines.

sd1023x
08-05-2009, 9:07 AM
Over 500 rounds through a KCI mag and no issues. Are there any Korean made Sig mags?

For sig mags, try MecGar, they are OEM manufacturers for alot of brands and their fit and function is awesome.

quickcf
08-06-2009, 11:58 PM
For sig mags, try MecGar, they are OEM manufacturers for alot of brands and their fit and function is awesome.