PDA

View Full Version : new XD45

dakobster81
08-03-2009, 3:25 PM
my buddy is picking up his XD45, his first gun, from targetmasters tomorrow, the only problem is that he can't find ammo anywhere!!! Wal-mart is a no go as usual, mel cottons is out, targetmasters wont sell it to you unless you pay for a lane and shoot it there. He called curly's and they want $40 a box!!! So basically I was just wondering if there is any hoarders out there that would be willing to part with a couple of boxes so he can shoot it tomorrow.

Bug Splat
08-03-2009, 3:34 PM
Wow sounds like targetmasters should be avoided. My local range charges a few dollars less if you shoot the ammo there (they resell the brass). I buy a few boxes and shoot one box and keep the other 2. Spend the rest of my time shooting 22's. Honestly, reloading your own is a great option and with a Lee kit your buddy can get started for under $100. I reload all my 45 at a cost of about $4-5 per box of 50. I re-cooped my cost after my first round of supplies. 45 is so low pressure you can just about reload the same brass forever.

Untamed1972
08-03-2009, 3:34 PM
They're not hoarders......they are precious metal investors!

Do you call people with money in their savigs account "money hoarders"? LOL

Legasat
08-03-2009, 4:02 PM
Ammunition To Go has some. Link Below.

Ammunition To Go (http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php/cName/pistol-ammo-45-acp)

andalusi
08-03-2009, 7:46 PM
I second Legasat. I've shot the Fiocchi ball ammo through my XD45 and it works fine. Plus it's much cheaper than paying Kerley's $40 for a 50 round WWB.

ghost
08-03-2009, 7:51 PM
if you want to buy locally,irvington arms had 50rd packs of loadx reloads.i think you have better luck ordering online or check the forum periodically on the ammo sales section.

xxdabroxx
08-04-2009, 12:23 PM
show up to wall mart every day at open. they stock the shelves at night, if your really lucky you can show up at about 9:30 and hope to find a box full of ammo laying on the floor behind the sporting goods counter.

odysseus
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM
That's the thing, your experience with .45acp is also everyone's same issue with getting .45acp. Stocks are still low and most whom have it are pricing it very high. You can hunt the brick and mortars and hope you get a good deal, but he is probably going to have to just spend a little more to just get some boxes at the local range. Buy in bulk when you see a good deal.

Greg-Dawg
08-04-2009, 1:53 PM
my buddy is picking up his XD45, his first gun, from targetmasters tomorrow, the only problem is that he can't find ammo anywhere!!!

Moral of the story: Do some research before buying a pistol.

Gryff
08-04-2009, 2:16 PM
my buddy is picking up his XD45, his first gun, from targetmasters tomorrow, the only problem is that he can't find ammo anywhere!!!

Big 5 in San Lorenzo (near the I880/Hwy238 interchange) had two boxes of WWB .45 value packs (100 rds. each) about two hours ago. Of course, they want $53/each for them (70% more than Wal-Mart). But at least they have them. They also had a WWB 9mm value pack for $33, and the Remington UMC 250-round packs for $80/each.

Also, Imbert & Smithers had some ammo. I saw cases of PMC 9mm and .40S&W. The 9mm was selling for $340.

Gryff
08-04-2009, 2:17 PM
Moral of the story: Do some research before buying a pistol.

That makes no sense. Are you saying he should have bought a 12-gauge shotgun instead just because more ammo is available for it?

gdr_11
08-04-2009, 2:31 PM
Every time I go to my local WalMart, the shelves have plenty of .40 cal ammo, but seldom any .45 ACP. Regardless, it will be a cold day before I ever switch from .45 to .40.

My best source in Natchez...a bit more with shipping, but they seldom go more than a week or so without some good supplies of .45ACP