PDA

View Full Version : SIG Mag Release

thmpr
08-02-2009, 9:16 PM
I find it easier to reload my SIG with the magazine release on the right hand side on my P226 (trigger finger). Wondering why it did not come that way from the factory.

8200rpm
08-02-2009, 9:32 PM
Because most people are right-handed and use their thumbs to actuate the mag release.

thmpr
08-02-2009, 9:40 PM
i'm right handed.... same methodology as the AR.

JTROKS
08-02-2009, 10:50 PM
I've always used my shooting hand's middle finger to eject the mags from most of my pistols.

leelaw
08-03-2009, 12:11 AM
i'm right handed.... same methodology as the AR.

Completely different layout of trigger and magazine release. Do you release your grip when you eject magazines that way, or have small hands?

Jonathan Doe
08-03-2009, 5:49 AM
I use my thumb for the mag release, however, I have modified some pistols' magazine release to the opposite side for my friends. 92F's and Sig's can be done. It is personal preference.

jrau13
08-03-2009, 6:07 AM
Because most people are right-handed and use their thumbs to actuate the mag release.

Yeah it seems easier for me to release with my thumb and keep my grip pretty much in tact for faster reloads.

civilsnake
08-03-2009, 7:02 AM
My wife has small hands, so with the SIG's big grip she can't quite reach the button with her thumb. I can see how moving it to the other side could help with that.

trapshot68
08-03-2009, 8:15 AM
Yeah, it's a personal preference thing.

Funny thing is, on traditional button releases (i.e. SIG, 1911, BHP), I always use my thumb.

But on my HK's, I always used my middle finger on the opposite side.

I found how to switch the release on a SIG and may do it for S&G's...

Voo
08-03-2009, 1:10 PM
I find it easier to reload my SIG with the magazine release on the right hand side on my P226 (trigger finger). Wondering why it did not come that way from the factory.

I see it as a preference thing. Most guns today have ambidextrous mag releases but most people will tend to use their thumb due to comfort issues. Unless you've done some type of research or methodical experimentation on activating the mag release, how do you really know its' faster for the average person?

Ive done the same thing to my P226 and switched the mag release to be on the right side of the gun. For me, I hated it and found it to be slow and cumbersome. But thats' a far cry from me thinking someone else can't be faster with it.

Cnynrat
08-03-2009, 2:22 PM
My wife has small hands, so with the SIG's big grip she can't quite reach the button with her thumb. I can see how moving it to the other side could help with that.

My wife also has small hands, and she shoots her M&P .40 with the mag release on the right (trigger finger) side. Works very well for her.