PDA

View Full Version : help needed on custom colt commander in 357 Sig!

slagusmc
08-02-2009, 6:28 PM
I have a custom Colt 1911 Commander that I need help pricing out. I recently acquired it in a trade and Im going to be selling it either whole or complete. First off, it has a obviously custom 357 sig conversion upper with it. Never seen anything like it before. All the custom work is gorgeous, trigger is the one of the nicest i have ever felt. factory colt commander 45 upper has adjustable sights installed on it. Some kind of marks on colt upper, looks almost like pitting but it is only in one spot and appears only in the metal, not the finish. Other than that, Colt has to be in 98% plus condition. Action feels like glass. Everything appears custom on this gun, custom match barrel, springs, bushings, mag release etc. I have about 6 magazines converted for 357 sig plus some in 45 acp. Im definately looking to get rid of the 357 sig conversion, thats just not my caliber. I may sell the package complete if having it all together adds alot of value, but i dont mind just selling the 357 sig conversion package. What price should i be asking on these, together or separate? Unfortunately I have no idea who built this piece, but I do have alot of notes detailing some of the work. Thanks guys. PS, this is not an offer to sell yet, im just looking for a ball park value before I post it, i will be offering it to you cal gunners first though, before i put it on the evil GB.

1923mack
08-02-2009, 7:31 PM
Conversion 357 Sig barrels for Glock pistols are in the $100 range. You have a slide as well so that would add a bit.

slagusmc
08-02-2009, 9:25 PM
is the conversion is for a 1911? Just drop in a new barrel? I thought it was more complicated than that..