PDA

View Full Version : Making Glocks rock!

bin31z
08-02-2009, 2:49 PM
Has anyone else seen this video by AGI? It teaches you how to do a match and duty type trigger job on a glock and explain how to fit some accessories like barrels, extended controls etc. The trigger job looks super easy, but can't say it is until I've tried it...too bad I don't have a Glock !:p Anyone want to volunteer theirs for experimentation :43: .

locosway
08-02-2009, 3:13 PM
I think I'm going to polish my stock 5.5lbs trigger and see if I get better results before I put in a lighter one.

Greg-Dawg
08-02-2009, 3:31 PM
My Glocks rock stock!

D.R.E.
08-02-2009, 6:58 PM
I liked the video. Even the cleaning discussion was useful(!).

I did a few trigger jobs after that on my glocks using the video. They turned out really nicely. (Since it was simple to do, not b/c I knew what I was doing.)

I'd say it's a definite buy.

Bobula
08-02-2009, 7:29 PM
Has anyone else seen this video by AGI? It teaches you how to do a match and duty type trigger job on a glock and explain how to fit some accessories like barrels, extended controls etc. The trigger job looks super easy, but can't say it is until I've tried it...too bad I don't have a Glock !:p Anyone want to volunteer theirs for experimentation :43: .

Where ya located? I've got some beater glocks you could attempt on

Doheny
08-02-2009, 7:30 PM
Has anyone else seen this video by AGI?

What video?

nicoroshi
08-02-2009, 7:37 PM
I have done a few things to my Glocks that I really liked the results of, and made them a pleasure to shoot as well as kept that Glock reliability.

3.5# connector (cheap)
.25 cent trigger jobs (really cheap, and smoothed out the triggers fantastically).
Glockworx triggers (expensive but removed all pre-travel, and over travel as well as gave me a comfortable trigger safety).
Tru-Glo TFO night sights (The stock plastic sights leave much to be desired IMHO).
Extended mag release, and slide stop (also inexpensive, and made my Glocks easier to use).
AGrip (not for everyone, and a personal preference but comfotable, and the wetter your hands are the more they stick to the grip).

The best addition to my Glocks by far has been plenty of rounds, and practice. The additions mentioned above have improved feel, and function but there is no substitute for training.

bin31z
08-02-2009, 7:40 PM
What video?

The video is called Making Glocks Rock

bin31z
08-02-2009, 7:41 PM
Where ya located? I've got some beater glocks you could attempt on

Awesome. Are you willing to sell any of these beater glocks? Don't wanna mess up someone else's weapon.

HeHateMe
08-02-2009, 7:56 PM
+1 on the 25 cent trigger job.

CSDGuy
08-02-2009, 7:57 PM
I have done a few things to my Glocks that I really liked the results of, and made them a pleasure to shoot as well as kept that Glock reliability.

3.5# connector (cheap)
.25 cent trigger jobs (really cheap, and smoothed out the triggers fantastically).
Glockworx triggers (expensive but removed all pre-travel, and over travel as well as gave me a comfortable trigger safety).
Tru-Glo TFO night sights (The stock plastic sights leave much to be desired IMHO).
Extended mag release, and slide stop (also inexpensive, and made my Glocks easier to use).
AGrip (not for everyone, and a personal preference but comfotable, and the wetter your hands are the more they stick to the grip).

The best addition to my Glocks by far has been plenty of rounds, and practice. The additions mentioned above have improved feel, and function but there is no substitute for training.
On my G23, I've done the following:

NY-1 Spring
3# Connector
Hogue Overgrip
Lots of rounds through it.

It runs. The NY-1 Spring and 3# connector gives me about a 6# pull with a very nice, crisp reset. Basically, it's about the same as the stock 5.5# pull but the reset is MUCH nicer. I have not yet done the $0.25 trigger job... nor have I swapped triggers to the smooth trigger face. My Glock runs reliably and I'm happy with it.

hybridatsun350
08-02-2009, 11:00 PM
My 34 has lighter recoil and striker springs along with the stock 3.5# connector. The trigger pull is leaps and bounds above your standard Glock. Also, the 34's have the extended mag release and slide catch which I now see as a requirement for every Glock. They are just enough to improve the handling, but aren't intrusive at all. I have yet to do the $0.25 trigger job, but I hear that makes a huge difference as well.

SCMA-1
08-02-2009, 11:05 PM
The two additions I have applied to all 7 of my Glocks which have made a significant improvement to the shooting and handling qualities of the stock gun:

http://midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=932026

http://midwayusa.com/Search/#decal%20grip%20glock%20sand____-_1-2-4_8-16-32

SCMA-1

hybridatsun350
08-02-2009, 11:08 PM
The two additions I have applied to all 7 of my Glocks which have made a significant improvement to the shooting and handling qualities of the stock gun:

http://midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=932026

http://midwayusa.com/Search/#decal%20grip%20glock%20sand____-_1-2-4_8-16-32

SCMA-1

Is the Scherer connector a noticeable improvement over the factory Glock 3.5# connector?

bin31z
08-03-2009, 12:53 AM
I don't see the point in going aftermarket when the factory offers the same part.

SCMA-1
08-03-2009, 6:25 AM
Is the Scherer connector a noticeable improvement over the factory Glock 3.5# connector?

I understand they are identical. If you can get the factory one for cheaper, then you should get it.

B Strong
08-03-2009, 6:36 AM
I haven't seen that one, but the AGI vids I'm familar with are all good stuff.

dascoyne
08-03-2009, 8:21 AM
The Glock 21 SF by my bed will remain stock. Heaven forbid, if I had to use it, I'd hate to have to explain to a jury why I "lightened" the trigger on my gun.

locosway
08-03-2009, 9:53 AM
The Glock 21 SF by my bed will remain stock. Heaven forbid, if I had to use it, I'd hate to have to explain to a jury why I "lightened" the trigger on my gun.

It's a competition gun which just so happened to be handy for self defense that day. No different than using anything else for self defense.

bin31z
08-03-2009, 10:53 AM
It's a competition gun which just so happened to be handy for self defense that day. No different than using anything else for self defense.

If you don't want to change the trigger pull, you can install the light connector and heavier trigger spring, it'll give you the stock pull weight but alot smoother if you do the trigger job.

jkchan83
08-03-2009, 1:53 PM

I feel the same way about my HD gun. I bought the gun for the not-highly-likely situation of a home break-in. So, I'm going to keep it in a condition that would allow me to address that situation.

I have a G34 with the 3.5lb connector and it feels great.

After reading an older article by Massad Ayoob (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_11_50/ai_n6209982/) and the suggestions above, I am going to try hooking up a NY1 spring to a 3.5 connector (I have the Glock in the 34 and also own a Scherer and Lone Wolf) and test that out.

Maplewood
08-03-2009, 3:00 PM
Some people don't need anything to rock their glock, check out this guy, and if you have time check out his other glock videos. He claims to leave them stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd3kF6LHz4

pinwheels
08-03-2009, 3:12 PM
There are a LOT of threads on glocktalk.com dealing with the $0.25 trigger job, including risks of over-polishing and the generally acknowledged (IMO) lack of the need for one after a few thousand rounds. Also, plenty of debate, but no definitive answers or examples of actual cases where the use of a gun with a lightened trigger in a SD case resulted in increased liability for the shooter. Also, plenty of discussion regarding other after-market trigger mods.

sammy
08-03-2009, 6:14 PM
I understand they are identical. If you can get the factory one for cheaper, then you should get it.

Reliability. I installed a Ghost disconnector in my G20 and it worked for about 200 rounds. While half way through a magazine the trigger went dead for lack of a better word. The gun would not fire after that. I had a spare 4# Glock disconnector which solved the problem. I am glad it did not fail when I needed it.

I have read several posts on other forums that a 22-24# recoil spring would help keep brass closer and cause less wear and tear on the gun. This caused double feeds and failure to feeds galore. I went back to the stock spring and problem solved.

I vote for aftermarket sights (10-8), grip tape and an aftermarket barrel for range duty if you need to save your brass.

Keep your Glock stock. That is my vote.

locosway
08-03-2009, 6:56 PM
The stock spring is 17#, I was considering moving up to a 20# just to see the difference.

Regardless of which spring I use, I WILL be getting a tungsten guide rod.

Corbin Dallas
08-03-2009, 7:33 PM
My glock rocks in stock form.

When my glock is not in stock form, it is a rock. I've broken 2 KKM barrels, 1 aftermarket trigger spring (glockmeister special), and one connector bar failed to function.

I learned from my past and now rock a stock glock with no problems.

cmaynes
08-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Some people don't need anything to rock their glock, check out this guy, and if you have time check out his other glock videos. He claims to leave them stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd3kF6LHz4

I think that accuracy is more the Indian than the bow....

on my 17's the only mod I would consider (and have done) is the Vickers extended magazine releases....