PDA

View Full Version : Buyer/seller feedback forum

Boondocksaint
07-12-2005, 10:51 AM
I think a buyer/seller feedback section is a valuable asset to any forum with a classifieds section. This alerts all members to the buying and selling practices of other members. That way, you're less likely to get ripped off, and at the same time, it's another way to say "thanks you" to a good seller.

bwiese
07-12-2005, 1:13 PM
That can work, but relevant msgs can still be posted in the Classifieds forum(s) anyway.

Boards like Calguns, if they get too many categories & subcategories, start to get fragmented and the perception of overall lack of activity is given when many of the forums have no activity.

I think we have a good balance of Forums right now, though I do think an "Ammunition" section might be relevant along with Handguns, Rifles, Shotguns categories.....

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Boondocksaint
07-12-2005, 2:37 PM
Good point. I would like to assume that anyone I buy/sell from here is a good person. I suppose if anything goes completley bad with a sale, it deserves a thread, instead of a whole forum.

I REALLY like the idea of the ammo forum. I had to do an exhaustive search for home defense ammo the other day. I found the info I was looking for, but it took some recon.

Thanks for the reply.

RRangel
07-12-2005, 4:39 PM
The possibility of adding new forums is a reality. I'll have to do a little research on if they're feasible.

Inoxmark
07-12-2005, 6:52 PM
I might be wrong, but I think very few "long distance" transactions take place here. This is a regional forum and most transactions are indeed concluded face-to-face at a mutually convenient FFL location and the money/firearm exchange happens in person. Under these circumstances having recommendations and advance knowledge of one's trading partner's integrity is not nearly as important as at country-wide forums.

RRangel
07-12-2005, 8:21 PM
Originally posted by Inoxmark:
I might be wrong, but I think very few "long distance" transactions take place here. This is a regional forum and most transactions are indeed concluded face-to-face at a mutually convenient FFL location and the money/firearm exchange happens in person. Under these circumstances having recommendations and advance knowledge of one's trading partner's integrity is not nearly as important as at country-wide forums.

So very true.

Gisherwitz
07-13-2005, 1:42 PM
However, the more information complied the greater benefit to all board members. Although, a lot of transfers may be FTF, that person usually is a complete stranger. I would like to know and it would provide a great deal of ease in buying off this board if I could access information regarding other's dealings with the particular seller or buyer.