PDA

View Full Version : Had a few Cop's come in the gunshop yesterday....

Trendkill
08-02-2009, 9:38 AM
I like to help out with customers and generally just learn the ropes at my local Gunshop in San Jose. Yesterday....3 San Jose police officers came in and they were quite honestly very cool dudes....very enthusiastic about firearms , joking around , and just a pleasure to talk to. I talked one of em into buying a Mossberg 930.....Lol.

They were also talkin about AR's....theyre own personal Civilian BB type AR's...and it was real cool to hear that the word is out on the OLL type AR's...and that LEO's themselves have them personally. One of them had worked as an LEO in Arizona...and was talkin about how lame our gun laws are here. Once again...it was a pleasure meeting these guys....and I hope to see them again in the future....and I hope they keep spreadin the word throughout the department about OLL's and the importance of civilian gun ownership.

cortayack
08-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Cool..........Education is the part of the problem......

Ron-Solo
08-02-2009, 10:53 AM
There are more of us out there than you realize.

PatriotnMore
08-02-2009, 10:56 AM
I always enjoy reading positive encounters with LEO's.

Fire in the Hole
08-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Cool..........Education is the part of the problem......

Fixed it for you: Cool..........LACK of education is part of the problem.

6172crew
08-02-2009, 11:43 AM

Yep, only a couple of Deputies at my buddies station have issues about firearms, the rest of them are OLL owners.

Trendkill
08-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Yup....its refreshing.

veeklog
08-02-2009, 1:43 PM
I have personally built quite a few OLL's for friends that work for different departments. Other cops have asked me to build him one, but I only do it for a few friends. A good friend that is also my partner with asked me to build him a rifle soon. It is a pleasure to spread the OLL rage to other cops!!

tazmanian devil dog
08-02-2009, 6:11 PM
I know and work with many leos from the federal and local levels. Most of them are very cool about firearms. To the point of as long as you aren't doing anything galacticaly stupid with them, they probably won't arrest you for minor violations.

Again most are cool. Too bad the bad ones don't have some kinda sign on em'!!

johnthomas
08-02-2009, 6:27 PM
It doen't hurt to have a LEO visit your business once in a while. That is why many places will have some coffee or something the cops can drink while there, they hang out for a couple of minutes, bad guys see this and make it a point to stay away.

ivanimal
08-02-2009, 6:31 PM
The first SF show that the CGF had a booth I was able to show a SF officer how to own an AR and then Vince with Cold War sold him one. A very good result. He took 2 copies of the flowchart as well.

sgtbuck
08-02-2009, 6:45 PM

:iagree:

johnthomas
08-02-2009, 6:48 PM
sgtbuck
how is your son doin?

Trendkill
08-02-2009, 9:08 PM
The first SF show that the CGF had a booth I was able to show a SF officer how to own an AR and then Vince with Cold War sold him one. A very good result. He took 2 copies of the flowchart as well.

Thats cool....yeah....I was tellin the officer from Arizona how the mag locks , bullet buttons and OLL's allow us to own such things. He wasnt even aware of such things....and he thought it was pretty cool how we were able to find a way to do so.

jptsr1
08-02-2009, 9:16 PM
I like to help out with customers and generally just learn the ropes at my local Gunshop in San Jose. Yesterday....3 San Jose police officers came in and they were quite honestly very cool dudes....very enthusiastic about firearms , joking around , and just a pleasure to talk to. I talked one of em into buying a Mossberg 930.....Lol.

They were also talkin about AR's....theyre own personal Civilian BB type AR's...and it was real cool to hear that the word is out on the OLL type AR's...and that LEO's themselves have them personally. One of them had worked as an LEO in Arizona...and was talkin about how lame our gun laws are here. Once again...it was a pleasure meeting these guys....and I hope to see them again in the future....and I hope they keep spreadin the word throughout the department about OLL's and the importance of civilian gun ownership.

cops are just people. some are pleasent some are jerks. I've run in to more of the prior but memories of the latter tend to stick with me longer.

Trendkill
08-03-2009, 12:01 AM
cops are just people. some are pleasent some are jerks. I've run in to more of the prior but memories of the latter tend to stick with me longer.

Same thing applies to all people....not just cops.

ivanimal
08-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Same thing applies to all people....not just cops.

I find more cops to be pleasant, they take more grief than I ever would.:cool:

cortayack
08-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Fixed it for you: Cool..........LACK of education is part of the problem.

True..........Thanks for fixing it for me........LOL!...................:D

leitung
08-03-2009, 1:35 AM
One gun store I frequent has many LEOs in and out all the time. I enjoy rubbing shoulders with my local LEOs.
Partly why I enjoy my time in the local uniform store, plenty of plain clothes/ uniformed LEOs to hang with.

forgiven
08-03-2009, 3:19 AM
Met many LEOs in my time and darn near all of them have been friendly when it came to guns and gun lovers.