PDA

View Full Version : HK questions

RolinThundr
08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Okay, so I heard mention somewhere that the HK P2000 series is supposed to replace the HK USP series, or at least the USP Compacts. Anyone know anything about this? Does HK intend to continue USP Compact production? Does anyone know if HK will be renewing the USP Compact on the Safe Handgun roster?

Miltiades
08-02-2009, 4:05 AM
I don't have any special knowledge of H&K's intent in this regard, but I would observe that the P2000 series was designed about 10 years after the USP series and improved on several points in the USP design. For example, the P2000 has a grip with adjustable size, a slimmer and more streamlined slide, and ambidextrous controls.

But H&K has kept both series on the market, overlapping in time, for several years now. Both series are priced in the same range. It almost appears as if H&K is waiting to see what happens, and what the market data tells them, before making a decision on this.

Hayashi Killian
08-02-2009, 8:44 AM
I'm also going to speculate and say that they made a variety of pistols to hit different target demographics. The USP is unquestionably geared for whatever the user wants it to be since it's available in a wide variety of calibers and sizes, making it appropriate for civilian, LE or military work. Whereas the P2000 is probably geared more for LE due to it's smaller size and lighter weight, but the chambering of the readily-available and cheap 9x19 round. The P30 is supposed to replace it.

B Strong
08-02-2009, 9:48 AM
Okay, so I heard mention somewhere that the HK P2000 series is supposed to replace the HK USP series, or at least the USP Compacts. Anyone know anything about this? Does HK intend to continue USP Compact production? Does anyone know if HK will be renewing the USP Compact on the Safe Handgun roster?

Check the HKpro website for the best information on everything HK related.

locosway
08-02-2009, 1:35 PM
The Compact fits me sooo much better than the P2000, and I'm assuming most other people with large hands as well.

Sobriquet
08-03-2009, 12:55 AM
I personally don't see the USPc going anywhere anytime soon. The P2000 is a good gun, but for many HK fans, the reason we love them (second only to their reliability) is because we can keep them locked & cocked. The P2000 lacks an external safety, so you can't keep it in condition 1.

I could imagine the full-size USP going before the USP compact. With the USP full size, there's the HK45 with a safety, the P30 is coming out with a variant with a safety, and the P30 is also being released in .40S&W. The P30 and HK45 have superior ergonomics, so it makes sense they'd replace the USP. That said, the USP still has serious military customers in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. I think all our favorite HK goodies are going to stick around for a while longer.

forgiven
08-03-2009, 1:38 AM
HK's:tt1:

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
08-03-2009, 6:57 AM
I have the HK P2000, and I love it, I don't care for safety's, the P2000 has a decocker, so you can carry this gun loaded, you just need to pull the trigger when needed, just like a revolver, I have a LEO friend that had a bad experience regarding a safety on his gun when his injured thumb on his gun hand couldn't get the safety off, his pardner shot the this felon just in time to save my friend from getting shot himself, he said if he would of had his revolver or a no safety auto he wouldn't of been so vulnerable, so he doesn't carry a gun with a safety now.

I have large hands, and this P2000 fits perfect in my hand, and because it's an ambi gun it handles well in both hands, the same way, when my life is on the line I want a gun that is reliable and user friendly, just like my revolvers.

Regards

tEN wOLVES

DDRH
08-03-2009, 7:48 AM
I personally own a P2K in .40S&W. I love it. i also notice USP's flyin' off the shelf at the local gun store much faster than the P2K. so i'm sure USP's are here for awhile.

=( they just got in a 9mm P2K V3.

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
08-03-2009, 8:08 AM
I personally own a P2K in .40S&W. I love it. i also notice USP's flyin' off the shelf at the local gun store much faster than the P2K. so i'm sure USP's are here for awhile.

=( they just got in a 9mm P2K V3.

My P2000 is in 40 S&W, great caliber, the USP's are being sold at Turners, the last add I saw which was last week they had the USP 45 on for I believe $850.00, the shop I got my P2000 told me they couldn't keep the P2000 or the P2000 SK OR USP's on the shelves, he said they would sell as soon as they put them out. This is my first HK, and I'm really impressed how well built these guns are.

Regards

tEN wOLVES

Nra-Life-Member
08-03-2009, 3:55 PM
HK's are great weapons. I just wish they still made P7's..

Sniper3142
08-03-2009, 5:50 PM
I have a fullsized and compact USP, both in 45ACP.

One of the reasons I went with the USP Compact over a P2000 is that only the USPc is available in 45ACP.

You'll also notice that the new HK45 and HK45c both use the same magazine design as the USPc. Because of this, I'd expect the P2000 to go away before the USPc.

DDRH
08-03-2009, 6:18 PM
My P2000 is in 40 S&W, great caliber, the USP's are being sold at Turners, the last add I saw which was last week they had the USP 45 on for I believe $850.00, the shop I got my P2000 told me they couldn't keep the P2000 or the P2000 SK OR USP's on the shelves, he said they would sell as soon as they put them out. This is my first HK, and I'm really impressed how well built these guns are.

Regards

tEN wOLVES

That's awesome to hear! i've got mine already so don't have to wait...ahaha...but HK's (limitied experience) seem very good quality, feels very solid. I'm so impressed, i think i may try n start an HK collection.

sorry for the minor thread jack, but anyone anyone got a price check on the P2K 9mm V3?

I got my P2K .40SW V3 for ~$870 OTD...the one at my local store was tagged at $870 :eek:

9mm is more epensive???? this is the compact, and NOT the SK.

Ventura_Yak'r
08-05-2009, 5:40 AM
Just curious... What are the USP & P2000 (V3) in a 9mm going for in the shops? I'm debating between the two but leaning towards the P2000

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
08-05-2009, 6:57 AM
Just curious... What are the USP & P2000 (V3) in a 9mm going for in the shops? I'm debating between the two but leaning towards the P2000

I paid $975.00 for my P2000 40 S&W, and that was before tax, but I was happy to get it, there were two others in the store that wanted the same gun after handling it, and they weren't happy to hear they were out when I bought this one, if your a LEO, this store will give you a discount, as do a lot of the other stores. If you haven't handled the P2000 yet wait until you can, I liked you USP, but the P2000 was perfect for me, and with the interchangeable back pieces for the grip, you can build your grip the way that feels best for you, and it's AMBI ALL THE WAY, Which is a PLUS PLUS PLUS, WITH DECOCKER , and no safety to fool with, it's like having that dependable revolver you always loved, but now you have an auto that can respond the same way, just a lot more rounds.

Good luck with your choice

Regards

tEN wOLVES

Rivers
08-05-2009, 8:03 AM
In SD, the going rate is in the mid-$700 range for a P2000. Discount Gun Mart had HKs on sale last weekend, USP came with free night sights.

http://discountgunmart.com/ click on Specials on left side for the complete list.

The P2000 is a later design than the USP. While you can get the USP in 9mm, .357, .40 and .45, the P2000 does not come in .45 caliber. I have the USPf .45 and P2000sk .40, both with the light LEM triggers, and they are both excellent pistols. Definitely no buyer's remorse here and I've had them for a couple years now.

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
08-05-2009, 8:56 AM
That's a great price, wish I would of known, It would have been worth the trip down there, I'm in the San Fernando Vally, and there isn't very many deals on anything, and your lucky to find what you're looking for, but I don't feel too bad , I do like this gun, I book marked this site, and will check in on them from time to time.

Thanks for the heads up

Regards

tEN wOLVES