PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a LWRC PSD pistol?? In stock next week!

BONECUTTER
08-01-2009, 7:00 PM
Yup, you heard me right. Due to some very hard work from the good folks at www.riflegear.com , LWRC has shipped out some CA compliant PSD pistols.

All will be 5.56 and come with a Bullet Button and a single shot mag to fall under the single shot exemption. Price will be right around $2,096.00 (MSRP).

They will be in stock sometime next week but will not be on the website until then. If you would like to reserve one please send an email to info@riflegear.com and include as much information as possible so you can be contacted. First people to email get first dibs.

I'd like to see them all sold in CA so thats why Im posting here days before they hit the website. I gotta give calgunners a chance first.

One Shot, One Dropped
08-01-2009, 9:57 PM
Will they also be providing the parts to return them to semi-auto configuration after (probably the op-rod?)? Of course, you would still need the Bullet Button, but you could switch to a ten-round mag after DROS.

H2H
08-01-2009, 10:05 PM
nice and tag

FDE or black color ?

bin31z
08-01-2009, 10:11 PM
I hate California. I'd like to have a 6.8mm PSD (with stock, not pistol) select fire. Make it happen!!

BONECUTTER
08-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Will they also be providing the parts to return them to semi-auto configuration after (probably the op-rod?)? Of course, you would still need the Bullet Button, but you could switch to a ten-round mag after DROS.

With a 1 round mag and a Bullet Button they are single shots. After the DROS if you wanted to convert to semi auto you just need to change to a 10 round mag. If you need it transfered to an FFL that wants the piston removed thats easy.

nice and tag

FDE or black color ?

Colors unknown right now. If you have a preference please specify if you send an email.

BONECUTTER
08-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I hate California. I'd like to have a 6.8mm PSD (with stock, not pistol) select fire. Make it happen!!

Not easy or cheap in any state.
In CA
Join and relaxed Law Enforcement Agency where they will issue you one.
or
Move to another state and buy a pre 86 for $10,000.00 get a PSD upper and pay the SBR tax stamp.

ar15barrels
08-02-2009, 1:09 AM
Move to another state and buy a pre 86 for $10,000.00 get a PSD upper and pay the SBR tax stamp.

There's no SBR tax stamp necessary on a MG.

bin31z
08-02-2009, 2:44 AM
I'll settle for SBR, I hate how you can't get SBR's in Cali....krinkov, mp5 etc

rodog
08-02-2009, 1:28 PM
Ahh, one of my dream Ar pistols. Need to tag this one. Has anyone had any experience shooting it?

BONECUTTER
08-03-2009, 7:30 AM
Has anyone had any experience shooting it?

I shot the a SBR LWRC in Texas. Pistons are the way to go for reliability on short barrel's.

gn3hz3ku1*
08-03-2009, 9:37 AM
I'll settle for SBR, I hate how you can't get SBR's in Cali....krinkov, mp5 etc

you can't get mp5s in most states not because of the law but because of the price.

Riflegear
08-04-2009, 12:58 PM

The only thing you will need to convert back to semi-auto configuration is a 10rd magazine.

The pistols come from the factory with bullet buttons and single-shot magazines installed.

FDE or black color ?

These will be black in color.

Update: Now on the website: http://riflegear.com/p-608-lwrc-psd-pistol.aspx

We are extremely happy to be able to offer these pistols to CA.

Edit: They will also come with a single-point sling for easier handling

rodog
08-04-2009, 4:20 PM
I shot the a SBR LWRC in Texas. Pistons are the way to go for reliability on short barrel's.

Thanks for the feedback (and the email response), it must have been nice as you also probably got to go FA. I should have been more clear, I am looking at the short buffer tube and it reminds me of the GSE set up. Did LWRCi adopt it to include the modified bcg/buffer spring?

Olav
08-04-2009, 4:25 PM
If it's a single shot pistol, why a bullet button?

That can be removed right?

lehn20
08-04-2009, 4:32 PM
I think, because the magazine is not in the handle/grip.

Good price.

Any chance of just buying the upper?. I already have a pistol lower.

ar15barrels
08-04-2009, 4:35 PM
If it's a single shot pistol, why a bullet button?

That can be removed right?

The bullet button can not be removed.
You would be creating an assault weapon if you did that. (semi-auto pistol with a magazine well outside the pistol grip)

Olav
08-04-2009, 4:47 PM
The bullet button can not be removed.
You would be creating an assault weapon if you did that. (semi-auto pistol with a magazine well outside the pistol grip)

Ahhh, I see. Thanks.

So the action does not cycle and the mag only holds one round and the mag is not detachable.

That's a single shot pistol coming in to DROS.

Cool.

ar15barrels
08-04-2009, 4:59 PM
Ahhh, I see. Thanks.

So the action does not cycle and the mag only holds one round and the mag is not detachable.

The mag holds zero rounds.
It's just a sled.
The action cycles when you fire it and simply locks open so you can single-load another round and then release the bolt catch.

Olav
08-04-2009, 5:16 PM
The mag holds zero rounds.
It's just a sled.
The action cycles when you fire it and simply locks open so you can single-load another round and then release the bolt catch.

O.K. Now I see...

:)

Riflegear
08-05-2009, 1:23 PM
I am looking at the short buffer tube and it reminds me of the GSE set up. Did LWRCi adopt it to include the modified bcg/buffer spring?

It is a modified GSE set-up. The bolt carrier is not modified in any way, from what I can see and the end-cap has a standard QD Sling Swivel hole for the Blue Force Gear sling and swivel.

Any chance of just buying the upper?. I already have a pistol lower.

Give us a call or come talk to us. We can do special orders like that from LWRC. We normally require payment in full for things like that.

Riflegear
08-05-2009, 1:28 PM
The PSD Pistols just came in an hour ago and they are SEXY.

They come with the Blue Force Gear Sling on a QD swivel attachment at the rear tip of the buffer tube.

They also come with the new LWRC one-piece bolt carrier.

If you are interested in one of these, please stop by the store and you can fondle one.

H2H
08-05-2009, 9:48 PM
I might stop during my lunch break just to fondle them :)

lehn20
08-05-2009, 9:52 PM
Pics to drool on?

shark92651
08-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Here's a pic I took yesterday
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2640/3799926046_8c30e5e4f3_b.jpg

jmf_tracy
08-11-2009, 12:25 AM
tag.
i really want one of these.

1022rimfire
08-11-2009, 8:31 AM
I have a quick question: Can another upper (such as an LMT 10.5") be installed without changing the buffer tube? In other words, does the shorter buffer tube limit which uppers may be used with this pistol? Or will any DI upper work if I wanted more than one upper for this pistol lower?

BONECUTTER
08-11-2009, 8:44 AM
I have a quick question: Can another upper (such as an LMT 10.5") be installed without changing the buffer tube? In other words, does the shorter buffer tube limit which uppers may be used with this pistol? Or will any DI upper work if I wanted more than one upper for this pistol lower?

The short buffer set up would work with DI uppers as well.

Riflegear
08-11-2009, 10:43 AM

To mirror what Bonecutter said, yes that would work. The buffer system is designed for any standard upper (under 16").

ar15barrels
08-11-2009, 10:46 AM
The buffer system is designed for any standard upper (under 16").

What happens when the barrel goes over 16"?

There's no maximum barrel length for pistols.
I have TC contenders and encores with 16 1/4" barrels.

Riflegear
08-11-2009, 11:36 AM
What happens when the barrel goes over 16"?

Bad things happen, it explodes :)

No, in all honesty a greater than 16" upper would put the firearm in >26" long gun territory which is iffy in California for going back to pistol afterwards.

stormy_clothing
08-11-2009, 2:50 PM
oh great full auto with a mag release, you teasing whores!

ar15barrels
08-11-2009, 4:47 PM
No, in all honesty a greater than 16" upper would put the firearm in >26" long gun territory which is iffy in California for going back to pistol afterwards.

It's not a long gun if it does not have a stock.
Long guns are specifically "designed to fire from the shoulder".

Since M2's are NOT "designed to fire from the shoulder", they are specifically NOT rifles and are therefore exempt of the 50bmg rifle ban...

hoffman259
08-11-2009, 5:50 PM
I was able to fondle one of these last week, very sexy. I felt all tingly afterwards.

Riflegear
08-11-2009, 6:19 PM
It's not a long gun if it does not have a stock.
Long guns are specifically "designed to fire from the shoulder".

Since M2's are NOT "designed to fire from the shoulder", they are specifically NOT rifles and are therefore exempt of the 50bmg rifle ban...

You're confusing long guns with rifles. Long guns are any firearm that's not a destructive device or other NFA weapon that has an overall length greater than 26".

Rifles and Shotguns are long guns. M2's are also long guns, but they aren't rifles or shotguns. Rifles and Shotguns are designed to be fired from the shoulder, but not all long guns are designed to be fired from the shoulder.

It's a subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless. California doesn't seem to respect the difference between a rifle and a long gun, and that's why I would worry about putting any upper on an AR pistol that would bring it up to greater than 26" in overall length.

ar15barrels
08-11-2009, 10:01 PM
It's a subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless. California doesn't seem to respect the difference between a rifle and a long gun, and that's why I would worry about putting any upper on an AR pistol that would bring it up to greater than 26" in overall length.

Good point.

H2H
08-12-2009, 8:00 AM
saw the pistol at the store yesterday, very nice !

phsieh10
08-22-2009, 8:27 PM

You may have problems with another DI upper. I just took my PSD apart and found out that there is not a standard buffer in the PSD Pistol. It instead has some sort of insert that goes inside of the Bolt Carrier and then the spring goes inside of the bolt carrier. The pistol will not swing open like a normal AR, but instead has to have both pins pushed out. It is a bit of a pain to shove it back together because the spring wants to jump out. Also keep in mind that LWRC uses a proprietary bolt carrier. It is not swapable with any piston or di upper. Funny thing is that the upper comes apart just like an AEG. You have to slide the upper forward instead of tilting it up.

Ishoot
08-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I really wish I never looked at this thread. :mad: I guess money for food is overrated anyway. :43:

Riflegear
08-24-2009, 4:13 PM
You may have problems with another DI upper. I just took my PSD apart and found out that there is not a standard buffer in the PSD Pistol. It instead has some sort of insert that goes inside of the Bolt Carrier and then the spring goes inside of the bolt carrier. The pistol will not swing open like a normal AR, but instead has to have both pins pushed out. It is a bit of a pain to shove it back together because the spring wants to jump out. Also keep in mind that LWRC uses a proprietary bolt carrier. It is not swapable with any piston or di upper. Funny thing is that the upper comes apart just like an AEG. You have to slide the upper forward instead of tilting it up.

That's the GSE buffer system. It will work with a standard DI upper and bolt carrier.

It's not unique to the LWRC PSD.