View Full Version : Shooters in Long Beach Area

04-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Where do you all shoot in the Long Beach area? Looking for some shooting friends.

04-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Where do you all shoot in the Long Beach area? Looking for some shooting friends.

04-22-2005, 1:08 PM
i'm nearby, out in cerritos. when playing with handguns i go to insight in artesia, just off of where the 605 and 91 meet. however, more often than not i prefer to play with my sks, so i go out all the way to burro canyon.

04-22-2005, 2:13 PM
My grandmother lives near Canal and Santa Fe, near PCH. Based on the bullet holes in the side of her house, people in her neighborhood shoot anywhere they damn well please.

04-22-2005, 2:24 PM
I generally shoot handguns at insight too. insightrange.com (http://www.insightrange.com/)

Only other place I've found close is the firing line in Huntington beach, IIRC.

04-22-2005, 7:53 PM
I'm in Long Beach also.
Haven't gone to the range in ages.
Just bought a handgun to add
to my collection. I'll probably
start shooting again.

Insight is close to me, as well as
Socal Sharpshooters in Torrance.
Firing Line in Huntington Beach is close too.
These are indoor ranges. You gotta drive
more for outdoor long gun ranges.

04-22-2005, 9:50 PM
I have been going to Insight myself. The staff has been helpful to the NEW SHOOTER!! See you there.

04-23-2005, 6:50 AM
what calibers does socal sharpshooters allow? as unlikely as it is, i'm still in search of an indoors place that'll allow me to shoot my 7.62x39. when i was out at uc irvine i was able to shoot indoors 40 minutes away at iron sights down in oceanside, but don't think i've ever found another indoor range remotely nearby that'll allow rifle calibers.

04-23-2005, 8:05 AM
I'm in Harbor City/San Pedro area. LAX firing range in Westchester off the 405 at Manchester used to allow rifles. There is also a police pistol range down the street from me on Gaffey. It's a fixed 25yds, but last time I was there it was only $5. You have to walk to your target (it's in a pit so no firing breaks). I don't know why I haven't been in awhile, I could walk there. Sharpshooters allows pistol caliber rifles only.

04-23-2005, 10:09 AM
I go to firing line because the membership is only $150 a year.