PDA

View Full Version : Patriot radio on Siruis Satalite

Lancear15
07-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Channel 144, I can't give it the full thumbs up yet being that I just discovered it. At 6pm the past couple nights it has been all NRA news. So far so good.

Just wanted to share the find.

shooten
07-31-2009, 1:07 PM
The NRA Radio is awesome at 6.

cousinkix1953
07-31-2009, 2:05 PM
Unfortunately XM-Sirius still isn't profitable even after the merger. A few AM radio stations will be all that remains in just a few media markets, if they go under with a bad economy. That's one reason why Tom Gresham streams "Gun Talk" from his own website as well.

XM-Sirius is part of the Dish Network satellite TV package if I remember right...

gadjeep
07-31-2009, 2:11 PM
I listen to it quite a bit. Big fan of Cam on NRA, Mike Church in the am, Andrew Wilkow until noon then I change back to Howard 100 when Hannity comes on.

lazuris
07-31-2009, 2:13 PM
I like wilkow but he's also on at the same time as rush :(

nso1
07-31-2009, 2:30 PM
Unfortunately XM-Sirius still isn't profitable even after the merger. A few AM radio stations will be all that remains in just a few media markets, if they go under with a bad economy. That's one reason why Tom Gresham streams "Gun Talk" from his own website as well.

XM-Sirius is part of the Dish Network satellite TV package if I remember right...

Agree with you there, Furthermore, there customer service is a complete joke. My sirius account lapsed because I canceld the card it was attached to. When I called to change it they didnt know who I was and had no record of me being a customer. Not to mention the Indian guy i was talking to was rude and kept asking me to spell my name and city over and over. Its one thing to outsource to India, its another thing to outsource to India and hire incompetant people. I let it lapse and when the free trial is up with my other car, the same will happen to it. Cam & Company was a good show though, He has Chuck Michelle on at least once a month.

nso1
07-31-2009, 2:32 PM
I like wilkow but he's also on at the same time as rush :(

The replay for the day starts at 9pm. Thats when i listened to wilkow. Hope him and church find work when sirius goes the way of the dodo, carrier pigeon, and the constitution.

Lancear15
07-31-2009, 3:09 PM
Sirius may go under but that doesn't mean they wont just restructure.

The market cap (total value of all outstanding stocks) is 1.74 billion ATM for Sirius XM.

They have a functional network of satalites, someone will want to take advantage of it. They claim to have 20 million subscribers atm.

1BigPea
07-31-2009, 3:32 PM
XM/Sirius satellite radio is far superior to traditional FM/AM. I canít even listen to normal radio, its all commercials and the same music over and over again. I listen to AM for Handel and John and Ken sometimes, also Rush but thatís about it.

Iíll never go back to normal radio.

nso1
07-31-2009, 4:43 PM
XM/Sirius satellite radio is far superior to traditional FM/AM. I canít even listen to normal radio, its all commercials and the same music over and over again. I listen to AM for Handel and John and Ken sometimes, also Rush but thatís about it.

Iíll never go back to normal radio.

Sirius has commercials just not as many, and if they could sell more airtime for commercials, then they would. I agree that regular radio is garbage, I was PO'd when 97.1 switched from talk to kiss minus seacrest. I think the real future of radio is internet radio and podcasts. When they figure out how to put internet radio in a car then that will really kill sirius.

cousinkix1953
07-31-2009, 5:11 PM
Sirius may go under but that doesn't mean they wont just restructure.

The market cap (total value of all outstanding stocks) is 1.74 billion ATM for Sirius XM.

They have a functional network of satalites, someone will want to take advantage of it. They claim to have 20 million subscribers atm.
Wanna bet it includes millions of Dish Network customers who get Sirius-XM with their TV package? They'll still be around even if satellite radio goes under...

USAFTS
07-31-2009, 7:59 PM
Channel 144...At 6pm the past couple nights it has been all NRA news.

Lancear15,

Long time PATRIOT 144 Listener here. Monday thru Friday from 6-9 pm (Pacific) is Cam & Company. This is the best NRA and 2nd Amendment news and information available. There is a website that provides a Quality, Live video feed of the show and allows live interaction with the show. The rest of the day there are several other conservative talk shows to choose from. Each has its' own feel and gimmick but the information is good. Take a look.

NRA WEBSITE (http://www.nranews.com/#/news)

DiscoBayJoe
07-31-2009, 8:30 PM
I listen to it quite a bit. Big fan of Cam on NRA, Mike Church in the am, Andrew Wilkow until noon then I change back to Howard 100 when Hannity comes on.

And I thought I was the only Howard/NRA News crossover fan!

Howard 100, Howard 101, Patriot, Faction, Backspin.

Lifetime subscription in the Jeep + a portable for the campground + iPhone app! Sirius Rocks.

gucci pilot
07-31-2009, 8:43 PM
I like Andrew Wilkow as well. There are underground Wilkow posters on youtube. When I miss a show (including the Patriot replay) I try to catch his monologues there.

hooookup
07-31-2009, 8:51 PM
And I thought I was the only Howard/NRA News crossover fan!

Howard 100, Howard 101, Patriot, Faction, Backspin.

Lifetime subscription in the Jeep + a portable for the campground + iPhone app! Sirius Rocks.

It's great to see a Stern fan on this board! My radio never leaves 100, 101 and sometimes 28 for the Jason Ellis Show (only when Bubba is on vacation). Stern has a CCW and is said to be an avid fan of guns.

Irrational Voice
07-31-2009, 10:13 PM
I rarely get the chance to sit down and listen to Cam & Company live. Fortunately they just started podcasting the show about 2 months ago. here is the rss feed URL: http://dataservices.nranews.com/audio_podcast.xml

Holocanthus
07-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Subscriber since 2001, started listening to Patriot since november last year. Originally listened to mostly music, but now mostly Patriot. I mostly enjoy everyone but Mark Levin. I can't stand his screaming and all the constant commercials. Towards the end of his program, it's basically him saying a sentence followed by 2-3min of commercials. I also try to catch what I can of the Cigar Dave show on Saturdays.

B Strong
08-01-2009, 6:53 AM
Satrad is the best thing that ever happened to radio, imo.

Listening to the regular radio for music means that you hear the same hot tracks over and over, until you turn off the thing, kill yourself, or go deaf. You also have little choice in music format - Rock, light Rock, country. Maybe Jazz on a college station, but that's about it.

Satrad has every genre of music, in many cases multiple channels of it, and they also carry specific formats that are not available anywhere on traditional radio - no commercials either.

Do I need mention Howard Stern?

The only radio I listen to willingly now is satellite.

B Strong
08-01-2009, 6:59 AM
It's great to see a Stern fan on this board! My radio never leaves 100, 101 and sometimes 28 for the Jason Ellis Show (only when Bubba is on vacation). Stern has a CCW and is said to be an avid fan of guns.

I have the 411.

Stern has a permit for a .38 wheelgun.

He rarely if ever practices, has professional security when he's out and about, and is not involved in the gun culture as a shooter or Second Amendment supporter.

Other than his radio show and chess, he doesn't participate in any activites.

On the show, he agrees with anything anyone says about firearms.

If John Popper is on (Blues Traveler, gun nut) he likes guns. If Michael Moore is on, he's against the Second Amendment.

I love the show, but he's no friend of ours.

Roadrunner
08-01-2009, 9:32 AM
I'm well aware of Sirius Patriot 144 because cam always mentions it when NRA News goes to commercial. But, I don't own or subscribe to Sirius Radio. I do however listen to NRA News regularly.

gucci pilot
08-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I love Sirius radio. I have an hour drive to and from work everyday. I can get a lot of music with no commercials and more importantly, no "wacky" morning DJs. I'm now listening to stuff I would never would consider like the Frank Sinatra channel, blues, and even reggae. Plus the talk radio programming is great as well. The 10 or so rock channels are a favorite too. It's worth the money.

cousinkix1953
08-01-2009, 5:43 PM
Subscriber since 2001, started listening to Patriot since november last year. Originally listened to mostly music, but now mostly Patriot. I mostly enjoy everyone but Mark Levin. I can't stand his screaming and all the constant commercials. Towards the end of his program, it's basically him saying a sentence followed by 2-3min of commercials. I also try to catch what I can of the Cigar Dave show on Saturdays.
Levin's long winded rantings sound so much like Adolf Hitler.

Why should I subscribe to a show that is heard on KMJ 580 in Fresno, and other right wing AM stations for FREE. Satellite radio is not really worth the $$$, as long as they simulcast too much of that redundant syndicated AM talk crap like Hannity and Limbaugh.

cousinkix1953
08-02-2009, 8:03 PM
Listen to Tom Gresham's "Gun Talk" podcast and hear some more bad news.

The Fox News Channel (aka Fox Sports Net) banned a show called Guns & Gear. You won't be seeing anything that looks like the ESPN OutDoors show on Saturday mornings, on the phony conservative Republican network.

It doesn't surprise me, when these GOP lovers cater to the racist anti-gun mayor in the Rotten Apple.

PolishMike
08-02-2009, 8:12 PM
Best show on XM/Sirius is the Jason Ellis show on Faction. Absolutely great. I don't think I'm going to purchase it once my free trial is over though. Have the Ipod plug and use that all the time. The sound quality of music on XM/Sirius is garbage. They've started compressing their stuff so bad that it sounds worse than FM at some parts.

hooookup
08-02-2009, 8:14 PM
Best show on XM/Sirius is the Jason Ellis show on Faction. Absolutely great.

Red Dragon.

gucci pilot
08-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Best show on XM/Sirius is the Jason Ellis show on Faction. Absolutely great. I don't think I'm going to purchase it once my free trial is over though. Have the Ipod plug and use that all the time. The sound quality of music on XM/Sirius is garbage. They've started compressing their stuff so bad that it sounds worse than FM at some parts.

Huh, I guess I have disagree there with you. I don't care for Ellis because there's not much entertainment. Lots of F-bombs and ridiculing people. Granted, I'm not into the X-games culture. But, I had enough when called his old lady a whore (and meant it). His kids must be proud of that.

dieselcarpenter
08-02-2009, 11:06 PM
WILKOW MAJORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: 43:

MIKE CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ground Loop
08-03-2009, 12:14 AM
The sound quality of music on XM/Sirius is garbage. They've started compressing their stuff so bad that it sounds worse than FM at some parts.

Agreed. It's amazing that more people don't complain. Switching between XM and iPod or CD makes it sound like AM radio.

I'd rather they cull half the channels and bring back some audio quality.

The real eye-opener is that their Internet feeds run at about 30-60kbps with the same content. I think that's the problem right there.

cousinkix1953
08-03-2009, 1:43 AM
I sampled the trial feed on the internet. The best they can do is 128 kbs in the compressed MP-3 format, which is worse than a decent FM stereo receiver...

B Strong
08-03-2009, 5:21 AM
Agreed. It's amazing that more people don't complain. Switching between XM and iPod or CD makes it sound like AM radio.

I'd rather they cull half the channels and bring back some audio quality.

The real eye-opener is that their Internet feeds run at about 30-60kbps with the same content. I think that's the problem right there.

Because most folks aren't audiophiles.

I listen either online, or through a boombox type device, and the sound quality between satrad and my Ipod (juiced up live recordings primarily, along with stuff I've recorded with my band) is night and day.

The music channels I listen to listen to most often are Bluesville and Soul Town, and if I miss the high-fidelity versions of the songs, I usually have it on the Ipod, or if it's something new I haven't already got, I will shortly.

Merc1138
08-03-2009, 8:24 AM
Auxiliary input on the stereo in my car with an mp3 player, CD's, or AM radio is all I listen to(I wish ksfo broadcasted in hd but whatever).

Levin: Gets annoying after 5 minutes, why do I want to listen to someone shouting through my radio? Why is he shouting all the time anyway? It sounds like a grown man throwing a temper tantrum, he shouts into the microphone when a caller disagrees, he shouts into the microphone even when a caller agrees. He's annoying.

Limbaugh: This is the blowhard egotistical whiteguy that is one of the republican stereotypes so many people hate. Even then, his current line is what "talent on loan from god"? Get outta here with that. He also can't go longer than 45 minutes it seems, without either mentioning how much he makes"oh no, they're nailing me for x million dollars in taxes a year" or talking about his big house or something in his big house. The british rabbi guy that substitutes for him sometimes is way better.

Hannity: Better than the above 2, but seems like he goes to commercial every 3 minutes while Levin and Limbaugh go to commercial every 4 minutes.

Sussman: Local bay area guy on KSFO, comes on after Levin, doesn't try to scream through my stereo(if I really wanted loud I'd crank the volume with the amps and speakers I have, not trying to volume with AM radio ffs), and doesn't try to tell me how awesome or rich he is every 15 minutes.

That said, commercials suck, paying for sirius/xm when I can get the same content for free sucks(and they compress the hell out of it these days so the quality is garbage anyway).

Someone earlier in this thread did mention that if you could get internet radio in the car, it'd kill sirius/xm, you already can. An iphone, windows mobile, google android, or palm pre DO have internet radio apps(plenty of them are free). So as long as you can get decent cell signal and have an auxiliary input, you can get internet radio in the car.