PDA

View Full Version : Shot my first Glock...

locosway
07-31-2009, 12:00 AM
and I liked it. I rented a 17, 35, and I have my 20 and M1911.

I wasn't a fan of the 35 for some reason. The 17 wasn't bad, but the grips were small. The 20 seemed to just fit right in my hands and I was placing my shots pretty damn well I might add. All-in-all I think I did good by buying my G20!

I think I'm sold on Glocks, although there's some trigger stuff that needs some work.

Rekrab
07-31-2009, 12:05 AM
I shot my first glock too long ago...

Not sure what model, it was a "long slide" and in 9mm. The gun was green and black.

It shot pretty well for a range gun, but I'm not a fan of 9mm so that tainted my experience. It's also a very boring gun. I can't see myself ever owning one.

Oh, and the magazine was so painful to load...

osis32
07-31-2009, 12:14 AM
I shot a glock and hated it. give a good old two stage slider any day.

Greg-Dawg
07-31-2009, 12:22 AM
You should try a G21 since the frames are the same size.

Oldnoob
07-31-2009, 1:03 AM
You must have some giant blood in ya. G17/22 size is perfect or as big as I can shoot comfortably. I've putting off getting a Glock in 45 for years just for that reason. Though I still need to try the sf version.

Futurecollector
07-31-2009, 3:17 AM
+1 for trying the G-21

also if you do get the G-20 get the conversion barrel for .40S&W

Kingofthehill
07-31-2009, 5:18 AM
Still not happy with my glock :(

but im trying to work with it..

JOe

grymster
07-31-2009, 6:37 AM
Mrs. Grymster has a G17. An old one with high-cap magazines. Anyway, I shoot it sometimes and find it pretty accurate. But what I really like about it is the reliability. That thing has some several thousands of rounds of every brand of ammo and some reloads through it and it just eats 'em without fail. One time, just once, it stovepiped a cheap round and it won't cycle snake shot, but I don't hold that against it. :)

yasushi
07-31-2009, 7:06 AM
I'm around few guys who swears by Glocks and I want to like them but I just can't get used to the angle and feel of the grip. I mainly shoot 1911's and own couple of plastic frame guns but Glocks to me just does not feel right. So for now I'm stuck with 1911's:)

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
07-31-2009, 7:11 AM
Don't have one, but I like the new G21SF, much better that the G21, the grip frame is much more comfortable in the hand, less squared corners on the grip allow for a much better hold on the gun.

Regards

tEN wOLVES

locosway
07-31-2009, 7:54 AM
I already have a G20. My main reason for buying a Glock was they had a 10mm that was very available, and not to mention cheaper than say a Kimber.

I hated Glocks forever. They're ugly and I also assumed no external safeties meant it wasn't safe. Now they're growing on me, especially after shooting my G20. I think I have to say I like it better than my HK USP 45.

tEN wOLVES fIVE sHOOTER
07-31-2009, 11:48 AM
I already have a G20. My main reason for buying a Glock was they had a 10mm that was very available, and not to mention cheaper than say a Kimber.

I hated Glocks forever. They're ugly and I also assumed no external safeties meant it wasn't safe. Now they're growing on me, especially after shooting my G20. I think I have to say I like it better than my HK USP 45.

Not having a safety isn't a bad thing, in fact I don't want one with a safety, I think Glock has a good design on there guns, and they're good guns, I bought the HK P2000, in 40 S&W, for me being left handed it was the only gun that really totally felt good in my hand for a gun without a safety, I like the Glock SF, models too , Glock did a nice job of rounding off the corners on the SF models, any sharp corners on a grip will eventually play havoc with the tendons on your gun hand, the SF models have removed this possibility, I'll be getting one of the Glock 21 SF, soon, just a note, I don't do well with guns that don't feel right, right from the first time I handle them, it's like trying on a pair of shoes, even if they are the right size, if they don't feel good from the start, " THEY WON'T GET BETTER IN TIME " IMHO.

Regards

tEN wOLVES

Greg-Dawg
07-31-2009, 7:37 PM

The Glock Kool Aid is working in you.

justin_5585
08-01-2009, 10:52 AM
I would be happy to trade you a brand new glock for that USP, just give me ten days notice ;)

locosway
08-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I sold the USP a few years back for school money... I actually sold 7 guns and only kept my 1911... :(

Now it's time to re-arm!

APNF128
08-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Glock is a pistol you like from the very first time or hate it. I owned several of them since late 80's. Never had problem with any of them and if I will have to defend my life, love one's or property there is no doubt the G-21 or G-17 will be my tool of choice, bar-none!

Glock21sfsd
08-01-2009, 11:14 AM
I have a 21sf and its the first handgun I have ever owned although I have shot several. Mostly 9mm and mostly beretta cause thats what we had in the Navy. But I love my Glock and would not trade or sell it for anything. I used to not like Glocks because they had no external safety but after the first time I shot one I knew I had to have one. Plus the only real safety on any firearm is proper tarining and handling. but thats just my two cents:o

gibbygoo
08-06-2009, 5:12 PM
The first Glock I shot was a 22 and I didn't like it. I shot better with an XD. I then realized I hate shooting any .40 caliber gun. I tried Glock again in 9mm and .45 and like them now.

loosewreck
08-06-2009, 6:16 PM
Hate to admit it, but below 15 yards I shoot my 17 better than any of my Sigs except maybe my 239 and P6.

IMHO, Glocks really shine in 9mm.