PDA

View Full Version : Multiple long gun purchase

TBY
03-02-2005, 7:38 PM
Hi all. I'm a newbie with some questions. I know the majority of us can only buy one handgun every 30 days. Can I buy two or three long guns at the same time (same store)? Will there only be one DROS fee and form or is it one DROS for each individual firearm? I am not familiar with the rules, bear with me! Thanks...

TBY
03-02-2005, 7:38 PM
Hi all. I'm a newbie with some questions. I know the majority of us can only buy one handgun every 30 days. Can I buy two or three long guns at the same time (same store)? Will there only be one DROS fee and form or is it one DROS for each individual firearm? I am not familiar with the rules, bear with me! Thanks...

jrhglock99
03-02-2005, 8:05 PM
you can make multiple long gun purchases at the same time on the same DROS. you will only pay the one fee. i believe that after a certain number though they do have to call it in but im not 100% sure, i've never sold more than four rifles at once.

ivanimal
03-03-2005, 8:21 AM
I tranfered 6 longuns from a collection I bought a few years ago. The only handgun had to be DROSed seperately.I later donated a lever action commemorative to a school for their auction. The dealer I did the DROS with donated his fees as well. The tax write off exceeded what I paid for the collection. Good deal I say. That was not the reason I did it though, I wont own a gun that I cant shoot when I want to. The John Wayne commemorative I donated was pretty and nothing worth taking out to the deer woods in my opinion, plus can you just hear the comments from my huntin buddies. That shore is purdy!