PDA

View Full Version : disaster (for my gun budget) at Bullseye!

trashman
07-29-2009, 2:23 PM
Recently in another thread, while I was drooling on a yet another potential Smith & Wesson revolver acquisition, a fellow S&W enthusiast and Mod said to me:

NEILL! Out! Shoo! Stay away from the 'FOR SALE' forum!

Is it time for an intervention? I can ask Kest to ban you from it for awhile, would that help?

So, I thought maybe it was time for a break, get out of the house and off the internet tubes, and decided to take the afternoon off and go for a little drive. (OK OK, it was actually to retrieve my latest acquisition (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2780100&postcount=1)).

But, rather than go home and sit in front of the computer and do work, or worse, surf Calguns and argue about UOC, I figured I'd swing by Bullseye in San Rafael on my way home from Petaluma.

And that's when disaster struck: they had a MINT unfired Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman, with Target Stocks, matching box, (possibly matching) screwdriver, (probably not matching) plastic toothbrush. :eek: for $589 in the consignment case. Barely a turn ring - the action tight as a drum.

Well, it took me about 10 minutes but they don't "have" it any longer. :43:

Pictures in 10 days unless my wife shoots me with it. And thanks to the great guys at Bullseye -- fast & efficient. (And great jumpin Jehoshaphat have they got A LOT of guns on the shelves!!)

--Neill

CSACANNONEER
07-29-2009, 2:26 PM
Why the hell would your wife shoot you with it? She's not supposed to ever know you have it. Get with the program.

QuarterBoreGunner
07-29-2009, 3:17 PM
4" or 6"

Oh and I hate you.

But it's not personal.

trashman
07-29-2009, 3:18 PM
4" or 6"

Oh and I hate you.

But it's not personal.

6" :43:

QuarterBoreGunner
07-29-2009, 3:20 PM
You stink.

Great find. An N-frame in this state in good shape for less than 6 bills is a find.

Bobula
07-29-2009, 3:24 PM
Did they still have that $800 Wildey 44 Automag?

QuarterBoreGunner
07-29-2009, 3:26 PM
^Wow, seriously?
Damn, it's been a while since I crossed the bridge to go to Bullseye... guess it's time.

trashman
07-29-2009, 3:36 PM
Did they still have that $800 Wildey 44 Automag?

I didn't see it, but to be honest I had the gunnie equivalent of beer goggles on after about 60 seconds. All I could see were wheelguns.

--Neill

ppcdan
07-29-2009, 3:48 PM
Trash,

I'm new to the forum, and spotted your message. I've decided to sell a real jewel Bill Davis Smith & Wesson Model 10-7. This revolver is absolutely mint with only 200 rounds through it. It is a real "tack driver" and since I've been out of work for 8 months, it has to go. Please invite your buddies on the forum to let me know if they are interested. Sale includes several speed loaders, a holster and if anyone wants to pay the freight, 500 wadcutters.

All the best,
ppcdan

Timberwolf
07-29-2009, 3:58 PM
"Trash,

I'm new to the forum, and spotted your message. I've decided to sell a real jewel Bill Davis Smith & Wesson Model 10-7. This revolver is absolutely mint with only 200 rounds through it. It is a real "tack driver" and since I've been out of work for 8 months, it has to go. Please invite your buddies on the forum to let me know if they are interested. Sale includes several speed loaders, a holster and if anyone wants to pay the freight, 500 wadcutters.

All the best,
ppcdan "

FIll out your profile, move this to the right section, list the price and otherwise conform with the forum rules before a Mod spanks you

stix213
07-29-2009, 4:01 PM
Trash,

All the best,
ppcdan

Hijacking someone else's thread for your sale is pretty bad form. Try creating your own thread in the private party sales area.

leitung
07-29-2009, 4:11 PM
One of these days, I will go to bullseye and scope it out..

Jonathan Doe
07-29-2009, 4:15 PM
Didn't you have the gun at the office for a while? I never buy a gun. I just bring home the guns that I used to keep in my locker at the office.:D

trashman
07-29-2009, 4:52 PM
Didn't you have the gun at the office for a while? I never buy a gun. I just bring home the guns that I used to keep in my locker at the office.:D

LOL...I wish....problem is I do work at a Federal facility where firearms are specifically prohibited.

Secondly, and equally difficult to work around, is the fact that my wife and I work *and* commute together.

--Neill

CSACANNONEER
07-29-2009, 5:53 PM

That explains a lot! Hey, there are a few in your "office" right now that I'd love to buy from you.

j/k!

swerv512
07-29-2009, 6:01 PM
i know the feeling. i'm starting "another" 10 day dros for a lil secret my wifey doesnt even know about. teehee....

it's a good thing she doesnt know how to shoot, or else i'd be in big trouble...
:coolgleamA:

trashman
07-29-2009, 6:06 PM

PPCDan - do post it in the Private Sales Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=92) -- you'll find a *lot* of S&W enthusiasts on there!

cheers - always glad to see another S&W enthusiast on Calguns!
Neill

B Strong
07-30-2009, 6:02 AM
Smith and Wesson's in the consignment case spell disaster for many a Calironia gun owner, and I'll admit I'm no exception to the rule.

liketoshoot
07-30-2009, 9:53 AM
Hi I'm Liketoshoot and I LOVE S$W wheel guns! LOL
yes glad they are up north or I would be divorced! Can't wait to see the pic's of this elusive beauty!

B Strong
07-30-2009, 10:21 AM

I do actually have a safe at the office...

It would however need to be a walk-in to have had actually held all the firearms I've "brought home from the office safe."

I also adhere to the rule that anything that makes it home and into one of the safes before it's seen has always been there.

sw282
07-30-2009, 10:38 AM
512-M28 is my favorite gun. They shoot good and I love the heft of it. Why wait ten days just because of your wife? Go ahead and tell her and get it over with. The wait will only make it worse

1923mack
07-30-2009, 11:53 AM
$800 Wildey. That should have been gone in about 15 minutes!

stix213
07-30-2009, 1:54 PM
One of these days, I will go to bullseye and scope it out..

Your bank account will never forgive you, just like mine. Plus, their calguns discount is just an evil trap to suck you in!!!

Although I can't wait until monday to pick up my Glock 26 from them :)

Oh and one other sweet ***** reason to buy a handgun from Bullseye is that since they have their own pistol range, you can shoot it the day you buy it and can go back as many times as you want during your 10 day wait and shoot it... you just have to cover the standard range fees and cover the ammo (if you don't bring your own).

Z ME FLY
07-30-2009, 2:39 PM
Your bank account will never forgive you, just like mine. Plus, their calguns discount is just an evil trap to suck you in!!!

Although I can't wait until monday to pick up my Glock 26 from them :)

Oh and one other sweet ***** reason to buy a handgun from Bullseye is that since they have their own pistol range, you can shoot it the day you buy it and can go back as many times as you want during your 10 day wait and shoot it... you just have to cover the standard range fees and cover the ammo (if you don't bring your own).

I might be wrong but the times I had something in jail, range was free and I just had to bring some ammo.

Jonathan Doe
07-31-2009, 1:24 PM
That explains a lot! Hey, there are a few in your "office" right now that I'd love to buy from you.

j/k!

Yes, I have over 5,000 guns at my office, although they are not all mine. Let me guess, you like BAR, M-16, MP-40, AK-47, M-2 Carbine, M-14, Mac 10 45 with silencer....and 50 cal bolt rifle.:cool:

trashman
07-31-2009, 1:34 PM
Yes, I have over 5,000 guns at my office, although they are not all mine. Let me guess, you like BAR, M-16, MP-40, AK-47, M-2 Carbine, M-14, Mac 10 45 with silencer....and 50 cal bolt rifle.:cool:

Aw man, now you're just showing off! :)

--Neill

N.B. - yes, I would too...

CSACANNONEER
07-31-2009, 1:46 PM

Do you have any old Seabee Glove guns? I really like the oddball stuff too. I have a few pepperboxes (frontloaders and cartridge), a Rem 121 with a Roughtledge barrel, an example of the two shot pump trap gun that "Sparrow" designed, a O/U 12g muzzleloader, etc. Someday, if I ever get lucky enough to get a quick tour, I'll bring some post-its with my name and phone number on them to lay claim any that might be discarded one day. Hummmm, I'll have to buy 6000 post-its and start writing now. ;)

stix213
07-31-2009, 4:54 PM
I might be wrong but the times I had something in jail, range was free and I just had to bring some ammo.

Hmm, I might have been charged cause I brought my brother along too, and might have just paid for him... not sure now.

Z ME FLY
08-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Hmm, I might have been charged cause I brought my brother along too, and might have just paid for him... not sure now.

That's probably what happened. I went in twice while one of my handguns was in jail to shoot her. Didn't get charged a thing. I even got comp'ed on the targets during one of my visits.

Soldier415
08-09-2009, 5:53 AM
This. If your new gun is in 10 day lockup we don't charge you lane fees for your conjugal visit...

trashman
08-09-2009, 6:37 PM
This. If your new gun is in 10 day lockup we don't charge you lane fees for your conjugal visit...

It's a good policy -- although as much inventory is in there (including a reallly nice new Colt Series 70!) that is dangerous to the impulsive collector. :chris:

It's bad enough I had to go BACK today...and ask to take a look at the nice Colt Series 70 repro --- that is a phenomenal gun and it took all the willpower in the world to just be happy with what I just bought (which was purchased on the way back from a different 10-day wait...)

My name is Neill, and I'm a S&W addict. Oh, and a Colt addict. And a Springfield addict...and .... and .... and ....

--Neill

Soldier415
08-09-2009, 9:45 PM
It's a good policy -- although as much inventory is in there (including a reallly nice new Colt Series 70!) that is dangerous to the impulsive collector. :chris:

It's bad enough I had to go BACK today...and ask to take a look at the nice Colt Series 70 repro --- that is a phenomenal gun and it took all the willpower in the world to just be happy with what I just bought (which was purchased on the way back from a different 10-day wait...)

My name is Neill, and I'm a S&W addict. Oh, and a Colt addict. And a Springfield addict...and .... and .... and ....

--Neill
We are more than happy to facilitate your addiction.

Its even worse for me as I am in the shop all the time when I am home...I have to leave my credit cards at home when I go to work. lol

:D

trashman
08-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Added some pictures in the Revolver Pr0n thread; she photographs well!

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2903270&postcount=335

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2903278&postcount=336

--Neill

BigDogatPlay
08-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Well played.... although I'd say that someone was mighty generous to toss in that toothbrush for you.