PDA

View Full Version : Republican National Committee Still Doesn't Get It !

M1A Rifleman
07-29-2009, 12:02 PM
RANT Warning:

Since about March of this year I have been receiving a multiple choice questionnaire packets supposedly from the Republican National Committee (RNC) - maybe others on this site also. The latest showed up last night and was summarily filed in the circular file.

It seems like they send them about every month seeking my views on various Obama/Democrat issues - such as immigration, healthcare, war, etc. The multiple page document contains twenty some odd issue questions, and they are seeking a monitory contribution - which I think is all they care about!

What I find offensive and angers me about this repeated RNC questionniare is that out of the twenty some odd questions there is no mention of protecting our 2nd amendment rights or fighting the Obama/Democrat proposals on taking them away. :mad:

The first time I received one of these RNC questionniares, I added to the comment line at the end: "How about protections to our 2nd Rights as an issue", and returned the document in their envelope as requested.

Ever since they continue to send me the same questionniare, but now the comment line is gone, and still not mention of the 2nd amendment. :mad:, but they are Johnny on the spot with requesting my money contribution.

They just don't seem get it - to protect ALL of the constitution.

I really believe the RNC cares about as much for the 2nd as the DNC, so it is our job as the voting public to understand this. It also makes me think the recent Thune amendment on concealed carry was designed to fail - as both sides wanted this. I am hearing that the amendment was submitted to allow filibuster, which is exacly what happened.

MolonLabe2008
07-29-2009, 12:20 PM
I fill them out and in big letters I write "PALIN 2012" across the whole page.

Then I send them back with NO donation inside and NO stamp.

Hopefully, they will get the idea. ;)

putput
07-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Those aren't questions about what you care about, they are reminders of what you're supposed to care about. The dems send them too. I know because as an independant, I get them both...

M1A Rifleman
07-29-2009, 12:31 PM
I fill them out and in big letters I write "PALIN 2012" across the whole page.

Then I send them back with NO donation inside and NO stamp.

Hopefully, they will get the idea. ;)

Yea, I thought about continuing to return the things with my own comments, but it got me thinking that they may determine that returning the questions with a remark or a response is a hostile or threatening act - remember these are elitist types.

I really don't want to get a visit from PD or the FBI or have my name placed on some right-wing kook list that I or my family would regret later.

1BigPea
07-29-2009, 12:32 PM
I got one last night too, I'm also registered as Independent.

The first one I got a couple months ago I wrote that I would send a donation when protecting RKBA is more of a priority of theirs.

I did the same thing today, I filled it out, no donation and wrote the same thing in the area where the dontation amounts were, make RKBA a PRIORITY!!!

bwiese
07-29-2009, 1:11 PM
We obviously do have more friends, nationally, in the Republican party than in the Dems.

On a national basis, we're doing quite well - especially in the face of Obamcide.

Nevertheless it's important to let the RNC know that you value RKBA as your #1 priority and that support/donations are dependent on further progress.

You can also let the RNC know how unhappy you are with the California Republican party - a party who can only get a few seats, will likely not do much better than that in the future, and who keeps trying to send losers up for statewide seats.

Tell them you are puzzled why the CA gov candidates are not pro-gun.

deleted by PC police
07-29-2009, 1:18 PM
Yea, I thought about continuing to return the things with my own comments, but it got me thinking that they may determine that returning the questions with a remark or a response is a hostile or threatening act - remember these are elitist types.

I really don't want to get a visit from PD or the FBI or have my name placed on some right-wing kook list that I or my family would regret later.

Don't ever be afraid to voice your opinion in this country.

M1A Rifleman
07-29-2009, 1:23 PM
Tell them you are puzzled why the CA gov candidates are not pro-gun.

You are right Bill, recent history has shown that overall the RNC does have a better 2nd record than the Dems, but the RNC on the federal level is not doing much for us either except throowing a few bones here and there.

For instance, why did the National Parks concealed carry item not move forward under Bush? yea Bush signed a last ditch EO, but why didn't a Repub attached to one of the bills in the Dem congress while Bush was Pres? Where was the RNC on this.

Past history: Bush #1, either By EO or he signed a bill, not sure which, but he banned the import of non-sporting arms and ammo. This ended the import of Chinese and Russian SKS rifles and ammo. Where was the RNC on this?

M1A Rifleman
07-29-2009, 1:28 PM
Don't ever be afraid to voice your opinion in this country.

Not afraid, but being smart or wise. For instance at work when sent to the mandatory sensitivity training. Not afraid to stand up and reject items stated, just wise not to for my own career goals. ;)

Legasat
07-29-2009, 1:38 PM
IMHO - These are nothing more than money solicitations. If you return even one envelope, your mailbox will be inundated with more. I just don't believe they care what you really think.

Bill hit it right on the head, they trying to remind you what THEY think is important.

We really need a compete overhaul of the political system, not the health-care system.

Lyte-
07-29-2009, 2:04 PM
I wish they would send me one so I can tell them what I think about them

MolonLabe2008
07-29-2009, 2:29 PM

How is writing "PALIN 2012" across the front page hostile???? :confused:

M1A Rifleman
07-29-2009, 5:25 PM
How is writing "PALIN 2012" across the front page hostile???? :confused:

Its 100% perception. Such as, did you use capitol letters in your note indicating your screaming at them, etc.

I don't think I'm being too much of a "Tin Foil hat :TFH:" nervious nilly.

Recall it was recently reported one of Obama's cabinet and some state issued reports and indicating supporters of some conservative causes were to be labeled as extremists, and to keep them under investigation.

AEC1
07-29-2009, 6:54 PM
I send them back now, and only write on them in large letters,

"no more money till you start acting like conservatives!"

Can'thavenuthingood
07-29-2009, 6:58 PM
Let's see, on one solicitation I wrote in large red letters
" No money until the RNC grows a pair."

Another was "Rush is right"

"I support Palin, why don't you?"

"No money until Republicans go Conservative"

"Do away with seniority runners, go on merit"

Vick

HunterJim
07-30-2009, 8:42 AM
Well, the Ds are the greedy for power party, and the Rs are the Stupid Party, so consider the source. <--humor

I get them too and they go into the recycle. Sometimes I use their envelope to send them a message. Obviously they don't read them.

jim

lioneaglegriffin
07-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Those aren't questions about what you care about, they are reminders of what you're supposed to care about. The dems send them too. I know because as an independant, I get them both...

i get emails from the DNC, RNC, Country First PAC, Organizing for America. I only get survey/munie plz from the RNC. The most recent being Grade Obama on issues they pick. https://support.gop.com/reportcard/Default.aspx?initiativekey=VS6UACLGEK16

the DNC sent me labels to my senators and my congresswoman. and Labels for my return address so i didn't have to write anything on my envelope. That was thoughtful and they asked for money too but hey its better than some survey.