PDA

View Full Version : 15 shot in Chicago - Handguns Banned

ltspongebob
07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
This is what you get when you ban handguns... It's a sad story that I'm sure will be pushed by some to have stricter laws... Although to me it's mind boggling that they can't see that the bans mean nothing...

:confused:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6938034

hill billy
07-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Waaa. Sucks for them. Unless and until they are willing to go after the true problem, most of those folks will find little sympathy from me.

LesGrossman41510
07-29-2009, 10:19 AM
something like this happened last year where 20 kids were shot in one night.

gun control is the cause of incidents like this, where the unruly thugs run around with their illegal guns while the populace remains disarmed.

7x57
07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Waaa. Sucks for them. Unless and until they are willing to go after the true problem, most of those folks will find little sympathy from me.

Yep. And that attitude is why so many people won't sell guns into California. If you want to help the anti-gunners destroy the gun culture, that's a good way to do it.

7x57

07-29-2009, 10:47 AM
15 in ONE night?
Chicago is more dangerous than Afghanistan. And when you consider in Afghanistan everybody over 12 has at least a full auto AK, they are at war for the last 30 years and still it's less risky to be hit by a bullet there than in Chicago, that should tell our idiot politicians something: gun control doesn't work.

Lancear15
07-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Yep. And that attitude is why so many people won't sell guns into California. If you want to help the anti-gunners destroy the gun culture, that's a good way to do it.

7x57

+1 :thumbsup:

liketoshoot
07-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Yep, gun control works. NOT!
This is more proof that the Police are not everywhere and can not protect you, you must be able to do it for yourself. With laws that outlaw law abiding people from owning guns you will hear more of this everyday.

glbtrottr
07-29-2009, 11:05 AM
That is why I moved from Chicago. 15 people could have defended themselves (certainly some) if some could had the ability to exercise their right to bear arms to defend themselves.

It is baffling to me how Mare Richard Daley is still in power, being that he is the most corrupt politician in the country. I cannot believe that the US attorney hasn't nabbed him yet, as they did Governor Blago (who was a much smaller player in this game). Votes make the city go around, votes get people city jobs, and votes keep the corrupt scumbag in power. Gun control is simply another tool he wields to keep the citizens down so he could continue the pillage of his town...

...and now, most of his key players, are in the white house.

Maestro Pistolero
07-29-2009, 11:12 AM
15 people could have lived (certainly some)

Non fatal so far, fortunately.

Theseus
07-29-2009, 11:33 AM
I hope the guys from the grocery store were trying to rob it and the owner fought back with his own illegal gun!!

Hope all the good guys recover and the others. . . well. . . who cares.

gregorylucas
07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
I can't wait until 2A incorporation.

Greg

trinydex
07-29-2009, 11:40 AM
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/police.deadly.force.2.1105766.html

another chicago development

yellowfin
07-29-2009, 11:53 AM
15 in ONE night?
Chicago is more dangerous than Afghanistan. And when you consider in Afghanistan everybody over 12 has at least a full auto AK, they are at war for the last 30 years and still it's less risky to be hit by a bullet there than in Chicago, that should tell our idiot politicians something: gun control doesn't work.
Oh, but it does work as far they're concerned. The problem is that the well being of the average law abiding citizen has absolutely nothing to do with what concerns politicians who play the anti gun gambit. More violence is good for them because it creates a problem for them to "solve." They can throw more money at police departments, jails, social programs, etc. which will make them look "compassionate" and "tough on crime" as well as get the votes from all those newly employed and all the families of the criminals who aren't identified as the problem. Then they can blame us when it fails to actually reduce crime and in fact increases it--since we're not the majority in Chicago, they have absolutely no problem villifying a group they'll have no problem with at the ballot box. They use their laws to drive us out to further lock up the vote, as Jim March calls "people-mandering." The cycle perpetuates itself and they stay in power. It's a system they play like their lives depend on it because, in fact, their careers do.

Whenever you hear the anti 2A political slime say "What works in Texas doesn't work in Chicago/NY" that's what they mean. Anti gun laws and positions "work" FOR THEM. It doesn't have anything to do with anyone but themselves. They haven't the slightest hesitation getting other people killed to keep themselves in office, and in fact that's exactly what they do. What they do is morally indistinguishable from cannibalism and human sacrifice.

tyrist
07-29-2009, 12:14 PM
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/police.deadly.force.2.1105766.html

another chicago development

In most of the States of the Union that policy is in effect. It's even legal in California although agency policy may vary.

nicki
07-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Looks like VD(Victim disarmanent) is now doing more than crippling people(living in fear, changing life patterns to stay safe), it is now killing them.

We have an obligation, a duty to stop VD, for it is a public health menace that if allowed to continue, could become pandemic and when that happens, it mutates into CD (Civilian Disarmanent) which has been shown to lead to even more deaths(ethic cleansing, genocide, etc).

Nicki

Python2
07-29-2009, 12:27 PM
That is why I moved from Chicago. 15 people could have defended themselves (certainly some) if some could had the ability to exercise their right to bear arms to defend themselves.

It is baffling to me how Mare Richard Daley is still in power, being that he is the most corrupt politician in the country. I cannot believe that the US attorney hasn't nabbed him yet, as they did Governor Blago (who was a much smaller player in this game). Votes make the city go around, votes get people city jobs, and votes keep the corrupt scumbag in power. Gun control is simply another tool he wields to keep the citizens down so he could continue the pillage of his town...

Yep, they will do anything to get elected, BLAME THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR THEM.

Glock22Fan
07-29-2009, 12:51 PM

Doesn't baffle me at all. It is BECAUSE he is so corrupt that he is still in power. The more corrupt and the more powerful you are in the first place, the harder it is to be knocked off your perch.

Grakken
07-29-2009, 1:37 PM
BLAME THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR THEM.

As long as you don't blame the people here who voted for that other guy from illinois, you should be good to go. :rolleyes:

Python2
07-29-2009, 2:23 PM
As long as you don't blame the people here who voted for that other guy from illinois, you should be good to go. :rolleyes:

I said THEM did'nt I?:rolleyes:

MrPlutonium
07-29-2009, 5:00 PM
Reminds me of #3 on the list of lessons learned from sim city.

3. Crime keeps your citizens in line. Cut down on crime and suddenly they want libraries and zoos and fountains and museums.

http://philltopia.com/blog/2009/07/25/15-life-lessons-learned-from-simcity/

yellowfin
07-29-2009, 5:10 PM
Yep, they will do anything to get elected, BLAME THE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR THEM. Those who cast the votes in Chicago determine nothing. Those who determine who's on the ballot and count the votes determine everything.

kermit315
07-29-2009, 6:32 PM
They wont say gun control doesnt work.......they will blame downstate, just like they always do. However, downstate, outside of the QCA and Peoria, maybe Decatur, dont have near the problems that chicago has per capita.

VW*Mike
07-29-2009, 8:43 PM
sounds like some real contributors to society got caught in the crossfire............... NOT. Further proof guns don't kill people, its the idiots and people who refuse to help themselves and continue the cycle of violence and self destruction

LGB Loader
07-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Some folks just don't get it...glad I don't live in Chicago.

LGB

st.clouds
07-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Reminds me of #3 on the list of lessons learned from sim city.

3. Crime keeps your citizens in line. Cut down on crime and suddenly they want libraries and zoos and fountains and museums.

http://philltopia.com/blog/2009/07/25/15-life-lessons-learned-from-simcity/

Some of them sounds awfully familiar :(

liketoshoot
07-30-2009, 6:25 AM
sitting at dinner last night my wife said that if the only ones that have guns there are the Police, then they must have done it.
almost makes sense.

st.clouds
07-30-2009, 10:18 AM
sitting at dinner last night my wife said that if the only ones that have guns there are the Police, then they must have done it.
almost makes sense.

Of course, banning ordinary people from guns has been so effective in preventing gun related violence that it justifies robbing citizens their right to self defense.

Of course, when something like this happens you've to ask if banning gun is effective. There can only be two answers:

1) Banning guns has not been effective in preventing it from falling to the wrong hands, hence it does not justify robbing populace of their right to self defense.

or...

2) Banning guns has been so effective that no one besides the police and important government officals may carry one. So only the police and government officials could have done it.

Well as far as Cichago is concerned, the ban is effective so choice (1) is out of the question. So they must now close the one remaining loophole: by keeping guns away from the only group of people exempt from the gun ban - the police. Then tragedy like this should never happen again and we all can live happily ever after and hug our neighbors.

I think your wife is on to something here... ;) She's as wise as it comes :43:

KylaGWolf
07-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Looks like VD(Victim disarmanent) is now doing more than crippling people(living in fear, changing life patterns to stay safe), it is now killing them.

We have an obligation, a duty to stop VD, for it is a public health menace that if allowed to continue, could become pandemic and when that happens, it mutates into CD (Civilian Disarmanent) which has been shown to lead to even more deaths(ethic cleansing, genocide, etc).

Nicki

I can't agree more on that one. What gets me though is it seems that the next generation is more anti-gun than pro. I know I raised my daughter to look at facts and she still managed to fall for the anti-gun liberal garbage that seems to be in vogue these days.

trinydex
07-30-2009, 11:06 AM
I can't agree more on that one. What gets me though is it seems that the next generation is more anti-gun than pro. I know I raised my daughter to look at facts and she still managed to fall for the anti-gun liberal garbage that seems to be in vogue these days.

ouch

yellowfin
07-30-2009, 11:10 AM
What are the influences you know of which pushed her towards that?

Big Jake
07-30-2009, 11:34 AM
It must have been all of those terrible guns! Guns are to blame. If only there were less guns on the street violence would decrease! (sarcasm intended)!:beatdeadhorse5:

Theseus
07-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah, like when my daughter told me "bullets" and "gun" was a bad word. . . Teacher says so.

Took my friend and I a small amount of time convincing her that her teacher is wrong.

blacksheep
07-30-2009, 5:03 PM
This is what you get when you ban handguns... It's a sad story that I'm sure will be pushed by some to have stricter laws... Although to me it's mind boggling that they can't see that the bans mean nothing...

:confused:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6938034

King Richard ( dickmdaley) rules the roost in Chicago, handguns are illegal and have been for some time now, yet people keep dying.
It speeks volumes yet these aholes in the stinkin Lincoln keep voting for these jerkoffs !
Illinois is a JOKE.............

kermit315
07-30-2009, 5:06 PM
King Richard ( dickmdaley) rules the roost in Chicago, handguns are illegal and have been for some time now, yet people keep dying.
It speeks volumes yet these aholes in the stinkin Lincoln keep voting for these jerkoffs !
Illinois chicago is a JOKE.............

Fixed it for you.

blacksheep
07-30-2009, 5:14 PM
Fixed it for you.

No I meant Illinois is a joke, blagoyabich and the tax raising clown that replaced him, not to mention Dickhead Turbin , and Rollin Burris ( rollie Boo) and the community agitater himself Obama.......

kermit315
07-30-2009, 6:54 PM
No I meant Illinois is a joke, blagoyabich and the tax raising clown that replaced him, not to mention Dickhead Turbin , and Rollin Burris ( rollie Boo) and the community agitater himself Obama.......

And you blaming all of Illinois for that is different from everybody across the country blaming all california gun owners for the archaic laws that are in place how?

Its about population density, and chicago is more population dense than the rest of the state put together. combine that with complete corruption in chicago, and you have a city that drives a whole state, much like LA, SanFran and Sac do in california.

Also, you might want to edit your post....this is a family friendly site, and I doubt Kes would like your little nickname for Durbin or Burris.

dreyna14
07-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I think this is all a liberal media lie. I mean, there can't be any guns there, it's illegal so these shootings couldn't have happened. Impossible. People there are protected by the prohibition of guns within the city limits. This is just another left-wing conspiracy to fan the flames of gun hatred. :rolleyes:

dreyna14
07-30-2009, 10:58 PM

Just ask the Aircraft Owners and Pilot's Association about how corrupt Daley is. This guy should be in prison reaching for his ankles.

JDoe
07-31-2009, 6:59 AM
Just ask the Aircraft Owners and Pilot's Association about how corrupt Daley is. This guy should be in prison reaching for his ankles.

+10^72!

blacksheep
07-31-2009, 2:03 PM

Now that would be funny stuff, they don't call it CROOK COUNTY for nothing.

KCM222
07-31-2009, 3:04 PM
+10^72!

Dude, go for the googol: 10^100

Mikeb
07-31-2009, 4:12 PM
Nothing good ever came out of Chicago!

blacksheep
08-01-2009, 8:49 AM
Nothing good ever came out of Chicago!

Sad thing is we now have these Chicago thugs in the white house, It's going to be a rough four years.
Let's hope it's only four years.

The Banana
08-07-2009, 8:11 AM
You can quote all the rhetoric or facts you want, at the end of the day, Chicago is a vassal kingdom where Richard Daley is king, he has made it exceptionally clear that guns will be allowed in his city when we finally all see him rotting in hell. Someone's wife had it partially correct, the people allowed guns in Chicago are the police and the mob. The more fear people have and the more helpless they feel the more they cling to the police and the more control Daley has over the scared little children. He has also made it exceptionally clear, in public statements, that Heller will never be allowed to change the "laws" in Chicago.

Moreover Daley has 100% backing of this president. I only recently moved to OC from Chicago after living there my whole life. I've been away from Chicago since about 2 months before the election. The insanity that was Chicago prior to the election is NOTHING compared to the Gestapo state that is now Chicago since our current president took office. I was back last month and imagine this in a downtown metropolis in a first world nation in the middle of the afternoon ...

No cars parked legally (let alone double parked) on the major roads as parking (now outsourced to private concerns) costs $5-8 per hour at the meters and there are police stationed guarding every 1-3 blocks to enforce the meters. Bicycles littering every street corner, parked in some cases 6 deep so that you cannot walk on the sidewalk making the down town look more like a Chinese city than an American one, not to worry about that littering though because shortly there will be a privately run parking fee for the bikes as well. Businesses of 40 plus years closing up shop so they can move ... ANYWHERE but Chicago because the taxes and pay off's have become so high that thriving businesses have now been thrown to the brink of bankruptcy (that is on top of the actual economic woes the whole nation faces). And then if you keep even a slight eye on the violence in Chicago it was skyrocketed in that same time frame. Worse if you actually speak to the cops there, they WANT educated citizens to have guns, because the civil unrest there has gotten so bad that the police no longer have full control...

This is in Obama's home town done by the people who run this administration (Obama shares a TON of staff with the Daley administration).

tut tut MikeB, some lovely people have moved from Chicago and even if you don't like me (smile) deep dish pizza is our export so don't throw the WHOLE city away.