PDA

View Full Version : cal-gunner in need of help

serkerone
07-28-2009, 9:54 PM
so today i got pulled over by Richmond pd on 580 for speeding. i was going 86 and got pulled over and ticketed, the officer was pretty cool, even thought i got a ticket. but i was wondering how much would a ticket like this cost, what are my options if i were to challenge it and any pointers would be appreciated to help me win the case if i did challange it.

and yes i know its my fault for speeding, but right now i dont got a job and im very strapped for cash at the moment. id hate to have to sell 1 of my babies just to get the money for the ticket.

i know this is pretty dumb asking LEO for help on a topic like this but its worth a shot.

thanks
-serkerone

B.D.Dubloon
07-28-2009, 9:57 PM
Ouch. I got one for ten over about 6 months ago and it was a tad over 200. I would bet you clock in somewhere around 400. It was a 65 zone right?

serkerone
07-28-2009, 9:58 PM
thats correct =[

86 on a 65

Fire in the Hole
07-28-2009, 10:04 PM
This is not a scolding, so please don't take it as such, but this same question has been asked and answered so very many times on this web site. Try the search option. You will find lots and lots of discussion and advice on this exact topic.

Maltese Falcon
07-28-2009, 10:04 PM
My niece got a ticket for 48 in a 35, city cop in Glendale. $320 + $65 for traffic school.

Hope this works out somehow, cities are ramping up enforcement to pay the bills.

serkerone
07-28-2009, 10:06 PM
This is not a scolding, so please don't take it as such, but this same question has been asked and answered so very many times on this web site. Try the search option. You will find lots and lots of discussion and advice on this exact topic.

ah ok thank you!

Oregonish
07-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Why not appear and ask to be put on a payment plan? No LEO here is going to tell you how to get out of a ticket. Do the crime, do the time. Just sayin.

serkerone
07-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Why not appear and ask to be put on a payment plan? No LEO here is going to tell you how to get out of a ticket. Do the crime, do the time. Just sayin.

i have no source of income right now.... im extremely low on cash.... 40 dollars tops in my bank account to be exacty. i been job hunting left and right and iv only had 1 interview out of like 16 applications...

Ron-Solo
07-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Ask for community service. Most judges are very accomodating during these hard times.

and please slow down. I'd like to see you stay safe and live long enough to get a job so you don't have to sell one of your collection.

serkerone
07-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Ask for community service. Most judges are very accomodating during these hard times.

and please slow down. I'd like to see you stay safe and live long enough to get a job so you don't have to sell one of your collection.

ya i was thinking about doing community service but do you think the judge would let me work the whole ticket off instead of half?

Fire in the Hole
07-28-2009, 10:38 PM
so today i got pulled over by Richmond pd on 580 for speeding. i was going 86 and got pulled over and ticketed, the officer was pretty cool, even thought i got a ticket. but i was wondering how much would a ticket like this cost, what are my options if i were to challenge it and any pointers would be appreciated to help me win the case if i did challange it.

and yes i know its my fault for speeding, but right now i dont got a job and im very strapped for cash at the moment. id hate to have to sell 1 of my babies just to get the money for the ticket.

i know this is pretty dumb asking LEO for help on a topic like this but its worth a shot.

thanks-serkerone

I'm going to try my best to keep this non-personal because you seem like a pretty sincere good guy. But one thing that I've never been able to wrap myself around is why people with limited finances and assets seem to be the ones that are speeding or whatever to thereby attract attention to themselves from LE. If I were in this financial predicament, I'd be extra extra cautious of my driving habits, perhaps to the extreme. But I guess that's just me.

serkerone
07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
^-- to be honest i kinda got a little excited when i got the call from this girl i really like, and well, i was on my way to pick her up and hang out. but then then i got pulled over. usually i try to keep it within the reasonable speeds and obey all traffic laws but... yeah, im an idiot for this.

Jonathan Doe
07-29-2009, 5:14 AM
^-- to be honest i kinda got a little excited when i got the call from this girl i really like, and well, i was on my way to pick her up and hang out. but then then i got pulled over. usually i try to keep it within the reasonable speeds and obey all traffic laws but... yeah, im an idiot for this.

Isn't dating cost money?:confused:

serkerone
07-29-2009, 6:48 AM
Isn't dating cost money?:confused:

no dating just hangin out/chilling.

B.D.Dubloon
07-29-2009, 6:45 PM
yeah i dunno if i even wanna contest it.... i have no excuse =/

ill prolly just do a no contest and take community service and traffic school

At least you are manning up and accepting the consequences of your actions. If you have done a search to find other threads on speeding tickets you will see that most CGers do not have that much ethical fiber. I applaud you doubly because it sounds like you are doing it at a time when it hurts you financially quite a bit.

fullrearview
07-29-2009, 6:58 PM
do community service to pay it off.

Turbinator
07-29-2009, 8:40 PM
What kind of work are you looking for?

Turby

SnipeShot
07-29-2009, 8:52 PM
I got pulled over for doing 42 in a 25MPH school zone I thought I was going 25 but when I looked I wasent and take full responsibility for my actions. With that said the ticket was 322.00 I went to court 2 weeks ago and asked the judge if i could do community service he said for me to go on a payment plan and then if I could not afford it to speak to him about community service. I was out of work since Jan 08 until last week. What I would do is postpone the ticket as far out as you can dont put a plea in but just ask for a postponement on the court date. Maybe you can find work during that extra month. If not then see the judge I told him I was guilty which I was and explained my situation to him. The down side of a payment plan is they tack on more fees my 322.00 ticket turned into a 413.00 ticket but the payments are 50 a month and he gave me a month and a half to make my first payment which is Sept 1 I got the ticket in the middle of April. I hope this helps some. Now I am driving like a grandma. Oh and you cant do traffic school on the payment plan.

Seesm
07-29-2009, 11:20 PM
I was going 79 in a 65 (my bad) and it was $193 in Lassen County just about 30 days ago...

I had about 10 rifles in the car and 3 handguns... Sucks but the CHP were cool as they could be. I should have slowed down.

Traffic school? Heck yes...

SanSacto
07-29-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm going to try my best to keep this non-personal because you seem like a pretty sincere good guy. But one thing that I've never been able to wrap myself around is why people with limited finances and assets seem to be the ones that are speeding or whatever to thereby attract attention to themselves from LE. If I were in this financial predicament, I'd be extra extra cautious of my driving habits, perhaps to the extreme. But I guess that's just me.

Very true. I was a speeder as a teenager when I still lived at my parents' house. Now that I am out on my own with bills to pay, I drive like a granny! I cannot afford those $300, $400, and yes $900 ticket fines anymore!

serkerone
07-30-2009, 10:07 AM
What kind of work are you looking for?

Turby

if it pays ill take it,
i got some job experience doing mortgages
and i got out of highschool a couple months ago, im debating on joining the airforce by january or just going to a trade school.

im not picky about the jobs, just as long as it puts money in my wallet

At least you are manning up and accepting the consequences of your actions. If you have done a search to find other threads on speeding tickets you will see that most CGers do not have that much ethical fiber. I applaud you doubly because it sounds like you are doing it at a time when it hurts you financially quite a bit.

and thank you, ya im like in a pinch right now i have exactly $38.79 in checking, still living off graduation money lol

anyways i had an interview at starbucks a couple weeks back, but i guess they wanted to see me at a 2nd interview, they told me theyd call back by friday and i got sick and so busy with things i forgot about calling them back.

Palmaris
08-01-2009, 7:20 AM
Try this site http://www.ticketassassin.com/
works great, i know guy personaly used 2 times and didn't pay a dime.

bruceflinch
08-01-2009, 8:19 PM
You are young. Cash in some guns, take your lumps & gain some wisdom. If you join the Military, what are you going to do w/ all your guns, then? Pay $$ to store them? You have aquired 10+ guns & just got out of high school? Not feeling too sorry for you right now. But I hope you do the right thing & get this behind you.

PLINK
08-01-2009, 10:43 PM
I am not sure if this will help you but I got a 84 in a 65 limit on the highway. I believe I paid $320 for the traffic school option. This was about a year ago.

strangerdude
08-01-2009, 10:47 PM
May 07' I received my only speeding ticket, 78 in a 45 zone, $375.