PDA

View Full Version : Qwestion

Burnout
07-28-2009, 4:51 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently moved to CA and want to double check on a few things since things are a bit weird here:

Can I legally transport and use (at range) rifles that belong to my father (CA resident ).

If I have to go out of state for a few months, can my wife transport and use my handgun (purchased here).

Thanks,

MrClamperSir
07-28-2009, 4:53 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently moved to CA and want to double check on a few things since things are a bit weird here:

Can I legally transport and use (at range) rifles that belong to my father (CA resident ).

If I have to go out of state for a few months, can my wife transport and use my handgun (purchased here).

Thanks,

Yes and yes.

MrClamperSir
07-28-2009, 5:03 PM
I guess I should note that to transport firearms in Ca. there are a few rules and regs to follow. Get a copy of the book, How to Own a Gun & Stay Out of Jail. It's a must have if you want to be informed.

EOD3
07-28-2009, 5:32 PM
It depends on the weapons in question and your/your wifes legal situation. Your dad may have weapons legal for him that CAN NOT be borrowed/loaned. There are also some age dependent BS laws that have to be followed, if they apply.

California's gun laws are so screwed up it's ridiculous.

I can't help myself :D "Qw"?