PDA

View Full Version : UOC Event Held in Carlsbad

Decoligny
07-28-2009, 2:23 PM
Looks like there are some people who are indeed taking things into their own hands and running with them.

Appear to have been well received. :eek:

Seems these individuals did not coordinate their event through either CalGuns.net or OpenCarry.org. :ninja:

http://www.examiner.com/x-10317-San-Diego-County-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2009m7d27-Open-carry-gun-event-held-in-Carlsbad

gun toting monkeyboy
07-28-2009, 2:59 PM
Jeff Schwilk is a decent enough guy. He was very much into the Minute Men movement a few years back. Very gung-ho. I eventually had to get off of their mailing list however, as they would send huge numbers of press releases and articles every week. They flooded one of my less-used email accounts in less than two weeks to the point where I couldn't get my regular emails. Somebody might want to contact them and try to bring them up to date on our plans for UOC...

-Mb

StoneRoots
07-28-2009, 3:47 PM
Looks like they were respectable and put the best foot forward...

pullnshoot25
07-28-2009, 5:28 PM
He coordinated a bit with me on this event for locations and whatnot.

Crazed_SS
07-28-2009, 6:36 PM
Jeff Schwilk eh? Not sure this is a guy you want representing your "movement"

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/22/1m22b2briefs232015-short-takes/?uniontrib

Decoligny
07-28-2009, 6:47 PM
Well, I am not sure I wanted Ted Haggard representing Christianity either, but that was also out of my control.

Just as the Civil Right movement had both Martin Luther King Jr. and Louis Farrakahn, Open Carry will have people representing it from all spectrums and political viewpoints.

That is the wonderful thing about freedom, everybody get to enjoy it, whether they are a good representative or not.

pullnshoot25
07-28-2009, 7:18 PM
Well, I am not sure I wanted Ted Haggard representing Christianity either, but that was also out of my control.

Just as the Civil Right movement had both Martin Luther King Jr. and Louis Farrakahn, Open Carry will have people representing it from all spectrums and political viewpoints.

That is the wonderful thing about freedom, everybody get to enjoy it, whether they are a good representative or not.

He has made his group distinct from our group.

If he is a free man, I encourage him to exercise his rights.

I have written up though that we should all stand down until after Aug 31st.

Theseus
07-28-2009, 10:54 PM

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/22/1m22b2briefs232015-short-takes/?uniontrib

He looses a lawsuit and now he shouldn't represent the movement?

Wow. . you people have some really high standards.

Decoligny
07-29-2009, 7:16 AM

Oh crap! I got a speeding ticket about a year ago, I better go turn in my guns now, cause I'm a baaaad boooy! :rolleyes:

Sidewaysammy
07-29-2009, 7:30 AM
Regarding OPEN CARRY in CA, is a THIGH HOLSTER legal or does it have to be a "on the belt" holster?

Decoligny
07-29-2009, 7:44 AM
Regarding OPEN CARRY in CA, is a THIGH HOLSTER legal or does it have to be a "on the belt" holster?

Any holster that is not concealed is legal. The reference in the Penal Code to "worn openly on the belt" is an example of one legal way to Open Carry.

Just my own opinion but, I would tend to stay away from shoulder holsters as an LEO might argue that your arm significantly conceals the firearm.

MolonLabe2008
07-29-2009, 8:14 AM

Oh! That's right. You don't care if guns get banned because you got your guns.

07-29-2009, 8:21 AM
They're just a hobby anyway.

MolonLabe2008
07-29-2009, 8:22 AM

Yet, your avatar is an image depicting a criminal. Go figure.

motorhead
07-29-2009, 9:08 AM
spoke in vulgar terms about the aclu? who could imagine such a crime against humanity? amazing they let him live.

Kestryll
07-29-2009, 9:12 AM
Oh! That's right. You don't care if guns get banned because you got your guns.

They're just a hobby anyway.

Yet, your avatar is an image depicting a criminal. Go figure.

Guess which two members are going to get kicked out on their *** if this crap keeps up??

I'd ask for an explanation for why you are flaming another member with topics that have NOTHING to do with this thread but you know what?
A) I don't give a damn what your answer is.
B) There is NO good reason for it so why waste my time asking.

Now, knock it off or get thrown off this forum, is that clear?

Crazed_SS
07-29-2009, 9:20 AM

spoke in vulgar terms about the aclu? who could imagine such a crime against humanity? amazing they let him live.

It's not the fact that he lost a lawsuit, but his character that concerns me. The guy is a racist and hothead from what I've seen and read... But like Decoligny said, you cant choose the people who join a movement like this.. good luck.

Theseus
07-29-2009, 10:23 AM
It's not the fact that he lost a lawsuit, but his character that concerns me. The guy is a racist and hothead from what I've seen and read... But like Decoligny said, you cant choose the people who join a movement like this.. good luck.

If you have evidence he is racist I would not mind seeing it.

I have not seen any evidence that he is. As for the hot head, many in our cause are. For open carry that might work out for us.

We don't need timid people out there.

pullnshoot25
07-29-2009, 8:21 PM
If you have evidence he is racist I would not mind seeing it.

I have not seen any evidence that he is. As for the hot head, many in our cause are. For open carry that might work out for us.

We don't need timid people out there.

At the same time, loose cannons are not what we are shooting for (pun intended.) We need cool, calm, calculating and collected people to OC and represent all gun owners in a good light.