PDA

View Full Version : Locked Container Carry Holster

GJJ
07-28-2009, 3:07 PM
After reading all the information regarding LCC, I think I have a new product idea.

We need a design for this exact purpose that you can conceal on your person. The design would lock and hold your firearm. It could be made to completely form fit over your gun (neoprene) with a minimum of space and be worn IWB. Ideally, the locking mechanism could be biometrically activited for quick access like the new MicroVault product.

When you need your weapon, your fingerprint activates the lock. You open the case, access and load your gun.

It would be legal. It probably would not help you for the average self defense situation. But, it would allow you to possibly survive and active shooter scenario if you didn't get taken out first.

The current problem with LCC is that you can't carry a locked gun rug to the mall. Sure, you could put it in a daytimer. But, who carries a daytimer around shopping. It looks out of place. This would be worn IWB and meet the letter of the law.

Okay. I did my part. Someone design and build one.

bodger
07-28-2009, 3:14 PM
After reading all the information regarding LCC, I think I have a new product idea.

We need a design for this exact purpose that you can conceal on your person. The design would lock and hold your firearm. It could be made to completely form fit over your gun (neoprene) with a minimum of space and be worn IWB. Ideally, the locking mechanism could be biometrically activited for quick access like the new MicroVault product.

When you need your weapon, your fingerprint activates the lock. You open the case, access and load your gun.

It would be legal. It probably would not help you for the average self defense situation. But, it would allow you to possibly survive and active shooter scenario if you didn't get taken out first.

The current problem with LCC is that you can't carry a locked gun rug to the mall. Sure, you could put it in a daytimer. But, who carries a daytimer around shopping. It looks out of place. This would be worn IWB and meet the letter of the law.

Okay. I did my part. Someone design and build one.
Sounds good. I wonder if there's ever been anyone arrested for concealing something like this on their person.

GJJ
07-28-2009, 3:25 PM
Here is the cool part - we totally destroyed their stupid ban on AR15s and AK47s via the OLL movement. Let's go after the defacto ban on concealed carry next. All you need is:

1. Holster that completely form fits over the gun.
2. Lockable
3. Belt clip

Heck, it could even be a thin kydex clamshell mold that completely fits over a Glock 27. Attach a lock, wear it IWB and you are good to go.

There are many ways to skin this cat.

jazman
07-28-2009, 4:03 PM
Easier to just put a small lock on your gun carrying fannie pack, eh?;)

GJJ
07-28-2009, 4:07 PM
I thought of that. But, my wife and kids won't be seen with me when I wear my fanny pack ... something about me looking like a dork.

jazman
07-28-2009, 4:19 PM
I thought of that. But, my wife and kids won't be seen with me when I wear my fanny pack ... something about me looking like a dork.

More of a dork than having some big old locked holster on your belt?:p

GJJ
07-28-2009, 4:25 PM
I guess I am doomed to dorkhood no matter what!

But, I was thinking that this type of holster doesn't have to be thick. It just has to cover the gun. Ideally, you could wear it just like any IWB holster.

Imagine old style flap holster made of kydex with a lockable flap IWB style.

megavolt121
07-28-2009, 4:39 PM
I guess I am doomed to dorkhood no matter what!

But, I was thinking that this type of holster doesn't have to be thick. It just has to cover the gun. Ideally, you could wear it just like any IWB holster.

Imagine old style flap holster made of kydex with a lockable flap IWB style.

Any form of locking mechanism would make it thick.