PDA

View Full Version : .50 BMG registration Heads Up!!

Rumpled
06-09-2005, 9:45 PM
Good advice and keep us posted.
I plan on sending in my registration near the deadline, just not too near.

dwtt
06-10-2005, 4:57 PM
Originally posted by DRH:
Just a heads up to the Calguns members that the DOJ is not following their own instructions with regards to filling out the registration form. Let my inconvenience I just experienced save you the same grief. I just sent my 50 BMG registration in completely filled out as required. On three of four weapons I put "USA" as the country of origin it was easier than writing out the manufacturer's name. The form clearly states manufacturer or country of origin. I just recieved my application back as incomplete. The comment was type in the other line on the notice and stated "Please check the reciever for the actual manufacturer, for those highlighted". If they needed this info why the "or country of origin" on the form? The bottom of the notice says I have 30 days to send in the info from the notice date (WTF? I thought I had until next year) I will call them tomorrow and ask why my completed application was returned unprocessed. Send it in earlier or risk a similar fate at the deadline.

I haven't filled out my reg form yet, but I thought the "or Country of Origin" was for imported rifles where it wasn't clear who the manufacturer was. This might be the case for military surplus made in countries where all firearms are made in state run factories and they don't stamp a company name on them. Just a guess on my part, though.

icormba
06-10-2005, 5:09 PM
Originally posted by dwtt:

I haven't filled out my reg form yet, but I thought the "or Country of Origin" was for imported rifles where it wasn't clear who the manufacturer was. This might be the case for military surplus made in countries where all firearms are made in state run factories and they don't stamp a company name on them. Just a guess on my part, though.

I had this issue way back when I tried to submit my SA-85 along with my BushMaster Ar15... I wrote in "Hungary" and they sent it back as incomplete! They also said that the SA-85 wasn't on their list of AW's?, but that I could still register it if I completed the form correctly and re-sent it. I said screw it and sent it off to Florida. They accepted the Bushmaster without any issues.

It wasn't until about 2-3 years ago when I figured out it was FEG who made the SA-85. Back then I didn't know a whole lot about this kinda stuff, still don't know that much http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chaingun
06-11-2005, 6:29 AM
Having heard they are not online, where does one obtain a registration form?

1919_4_ME
06-11-2005, 7:14 AM
DRH,
Thanks for the heads up on that you as I would have put USA also.
I think Turners Outdoorsmen has the reg forms there.

50 Shooter
06-13-2005, 6:00 AM
DRH,
When are we gonna see you at the range?

Next .50 shoot is next Sunday (19th) at Angeles.

50 Shooter
06-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah we could go on about ASR but for all of it's quirks it is still the best public range around.

I think I'll only go back to LC if ASR is closed, it just doesn't do anything for me.