PDA

View Full Version : Glock front sight wobble

Bobula
07-28-2009, 4:11 AM
My front sight (night sight) is getting looser and looser, why do I do? and How?

Kingofthehill
07-28-2009, 5:06 AM
dab of JB weld on the sight inside the slide... just a tiny tiny bit.

Other than replacing the sight, i think your looking at adhesive's???? looks like its just a compression fit from the looks of my glocks front sight.

JOe

swerv512
07-28-2009, 5:10 AM
just curious how long those sights have been on because i have thousands of rounds down mine and everything is tight....

Bobula
07-28-2009, 5:15 AM
just curious how long those sights have been on because i have thousands of rounds down mine and everything is tight....

No idea, bought dirt cheap of gb. Has a ton of holster wear on the top of the slide and frame, but none on the internals. The barrel where and slide dimples didn't even start to show until I put 1k through it.

My 27 has 9k through it since I got night sights, and it's gtg.

TonyM
07-28-2009, 6:52 AM
Depends on what sights you have. If you have the front sight that is staked on, or the one that is screwed on. Remove the slide and barrel and look at the underside where the front sight comes through the slide. if you see a 3/16 nut there, then all you probably need to do is loosen it, put on some more loc-tite and tighten it back up. If it's the staked on one, I would recommend getting a set of Trijicon or other sights that use the screw to secure the front sight.

The Glock sights that are staked have been known to loosen up over time. My last Glock I bought last month with standard sights were screwed on, so I think Glock may have abandoned the staked on sights now.

jksupplyco
07-28-2009, 6:57 AM
Bob,

Bring it by sometime, I'm a Glock certified Armorer, and I have all of the tools to either fix it right, or replace..

Greg-Dawg
07-28-2009, 9:38 AM
Loctite.

Bobula
07-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Took ryan at JK all of 30 seconds to diagnos and correct the issue! Thanks JK Supply!

BamBam-31
07-29-2009, 10:25 AM
So what was it? Loose screw, more loctite? Or jam in a new stake?

Bobula
07-29-2009, 3:54 PM
So what was it? Loose screw, more loctite? Or jam in a new stake?

Old stake just wasn't set in all the way

Turbinator
07-29-2009, 5:06 PM
Old stake just wasn't set in all the way

Actually, you had the B model - "Bear" - with a removable front sight. Yeah. Hurts less when the bear.... nevermind. :)

Turby

Bobula
07-30-2009, 6:29 AM
Actually, you had the B model - "Bear" - with a removable front sight. Yeah. Hurts less when the bear.... nevermind. :)

Turby

I just used that line the other day when my co-worker told me he carried a .380 for bear!

Turbinator
07-30-2009, 2:50 PM
I just used that line the other day when my co-worker told me he carried a .380 for bear!

A .380 for bear? What, is he nuts? I guess the .380 is to shoot HIMSELF so as to avoid the pain of the bear attack? Even then, the .380 might be marginal. :chris:

Turby