PDA

View Full Version : Buck Mark Plus UDX (Pic.)

JohnnyBangBang
07-27-2009, 9:19 PM
Here's my new toy. I was looking at the camper model but once I saw this and felt how nice it was in my hand I just had to have it.
I should be able to do plenty of cheap plinking with it.
I was looking over the manual and was surprised no not see an exploded view drawing or to get more detailed cleaning instructions. It simply states to clean it before first use and recomends cleaning after every use. It instructs to clean breach face with a brush, run patches down the barrel and oil it lightly. I'm used to taking the slide off my .45 and cleaning and oiling. Shouldn't I be doing the same with this?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l135/SoCal71RS/MiscPhotos/BuckMarkPlusUDX.jpg

SanSacto
07-27-2009, 9:20 PM
Sweet pick up! I am thinking about a Browning Buck Mark for my next pistol. Can the UDX models work with the Tactical Solutions Trail Lite barrels?

dagger10k
07-27-2009, 9:30 PM
You can take the slide off every use, but it's kind of a pain. It also means you have to re-zero every time. If you want more detailed info, check out rimfirecentral: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

PutTogether
07-27-2009, 11:06 PM
I take mine down every 300 rds or so. Do NOT lose the little lockwasher that go under screws that hold the sight base. If you do lose them..... DO NOT put the sight base back on without them.

Ventura_Yak'r
07-28-2009, 6:56 AM
Nice rimfire... gotta get a Buckmark soon. I've noticed they go fast in the "Private" sales section.

jazman
07-28-2009, 9:47 AM
Great gun, congrats. I'd just shoot it a LOT, and not worry about detail stripping. Why mess with something not necessary?

surfinguru
07-28-2009, 9:54 AM
+1 on the Buckmarks. My wife bought a Camper and loves it. Great little gun!

JohnnyBangBang
07-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the good info guys. Rimfirecentral is a great wealth of info. I did do a search on take down instructions and found a site that had an older instruction manual that told you exactly how to clean in properly and take the slide off. I guess the lawyers got involved in the writing of the current manual.
I'm off to go break her in after work today. WooHoo!

sholling
07-29-2009, 9:25 PM
Very nice. I have a Micro and plan one of those next year.

KRS Juan
07-30-2009, 5:09 PM
Was that from Fowlers? I bought their last Camper a few weeks ago =) They were the only place I found in LA/OC that had buckmarks in stock.

So far I love mine, it's eaten everything I've thrown at it from federal bulk to CCI minimags.

You absolutely must get an Ultimate Cliploader (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=16700/Product/_22_AUTO_ULTIMATE_CLIP_LOADER)!

I tried the "Heggis Flip" and made my gun unsafe, but that was probably my fault.

Enjoy!

barrym66
07-30-2009, 5:16 PM
here ya go: http://chim.embarqspace.com/#/dissecting/4529714459

I only take mine down fully after every 500 rds or so....

Barry

JohnnyBangBang
08-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Was that from Fowlers? I bought their last Camper a few weeks ago =) They were the only place I found in LA/OC that had buckmarks in stock.

Yeah, they are the only place that has any. I was looking for a Camper when I saw this one.
For as much bad stuff I have heard of that place I had nothing but a good experience. The staff was helpfull and no attitude.
I took the pistol out to the range earlier this week and had load of fun with it. The guy at Fowlers through in an extra magazine with the deal and I don't know if it was that one of the one that came in the box. But one kept not feeding correctly. If I put anymore than 4-5 rounds in it, it would stick. Like everytime I loaded 10 and set it on the counter when I picked it up the top round would just fall out and the following round wouldn't come to the top. I would push on the "thumb spring deal" to push the round up and while that one I could get to chamber the next one wouldn't come up. The other magazine worked just fine. Anyway, its a real fun, accurate and cheap feeding pistol.