PDA

View Full Version : Is this new or have been massaged already?

Palmaris
07-27-2009, 8:15 PM
I just read this in LAtimes.com
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/07/oc-sheriffs-department-proposes-unprecedented-cuts.html
So, now OC residents MUST TO protect themself ? Specialy some words there: “There’s a possibility somebody could get away with murder, but you can only afford what you can afford.”

postal
07-27-2009, 8:25 PM
likely to get pink slips are six of 14 captains and two of the four assistant sheriffs, for a savings of $2.2 million.

Wow- Cut 8 people... and save 2.2mil....

At an average of $275k per year per person....

Sounds like a LOT of people at OCSO need to take some pay cuts....

Window_Seat
07-27-2009, 8:37 PM
She probably has a plan on who commits murder on who... I'm just glad not to have been a CCW permit holder in her county.:eek::leaving::shock::tt2:
Erik.

Doheny
07-27-2009, 8:50 PM
Probably some scare tactic stuff, like we saw in Sac, but of course, she's not going to say anything about issuing more CCWs!

When she took office she said that a couple of the assistant sheriffs she brought from L.A. would only be there long enough to get the organization moving. If that's still the case those were probably somewhat planned.

I doubt too many of the captains would take demotion to LT since your retirement is based on your last year or last three years salary, depending on when you hired on. Demoting would reduce their pay, reducing their salary. Better to take the layoff and at the higher rate, rather than messing up your retirement by taking the lower paying position.

gunsmith
07-27-2009, 10:15 PM
plus the article has no mention of massage, was it an article about massage parlors that got switched?

KylaGWolf
07-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Damn a savings of 2.2 million for 8 lay offs...that is some pretty good wages.

rynando
07-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Damn a savings of 2.2 million for 8 lay offs...that is some pretty good wages.

That figure includes benefits as well as salaries.

R

tyrist
07-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Sounds like a large number of employees are about to retire from the department.

locosway
07-28-2009, 12:12 AM
plus the article has no mention of massage, was it an article about massage parlors that got switched?

Yeah, I missed the massage too. I could really use one, my neck is stiff.

So, they refuse to issue CCW's and frown upon UOC, and yet they say people may just get away with murder because they can't protect or investigate.

Awesome... really...

ptdog
07-28-2009, 5:37 AM
I guess there will be no "happy ending" here.

glbtrottr
07-28-2009, 6:21 AM
"Those likely to get pink slips are six of 14 captains and two of the four assistant sheriffs, for a savings of $2.2 million."

Anyone wanna take a bet as to which 2 of the 4 Assistant Sheriffs will go?

Hmm...let me think.

Mike Hillman will go because of his paranoid moronic stunt at the Board of Supervisors, being the fall guy for Sandy having SWAT to intimidate CCW holders...he's a political risk, and firing him will allow her to say that "she solved the problem"....

Jack Anderson, who wasn't her pick to begin with. Why? Hmmm...his visible involvement in the Republican party (while she claims to be a Repub, she's a Republican in Name Only, having been a registered democrat her entire life until she decided to run in the OC). Just plain inability to be in synch with her. Hapless victim, or bumbling fool.

Either way, it will be interesting with these two lads...or any two...wouldn't Jack want to compete for Sheriff in 2010? I wonder what their opinion will be of the current management?

Imagine the possibilities!

motorhead
07-28-2009, 9:18 AM
this begs the question, how much money, especially o/t, was squandered auditing every ccw ever issued in o.c.? i'd be willing to bet the figure isn't even available.

gunsmith
07-30-2009, 8:59 PM
I guess there will be no "happy ending" here.

hahahahahahahahahahah