PDA

View Full Version : VPC - Semi-Automatics are more deadly than full-autos!

Glock22Fan
07-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Sorry, I meant to put this in the main 2nd A forum, not the legal cases. Mods: can you please move it?

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------

I found an interesting page on the VPC site the other day where they acknowledge the differences between semi-autos and machine guns, and then say that this makes semi-autos more dangerous because it is easier to aim a semi and shoot straighter. Talk about wanting to have it both ways!

semi-automatics are bullet hoses (http://www.vpc.org/studies/hoseone.htm)

However, this is a distinction without a difference in terms of killing power. Civilian semiautomatic assault weapons incorporate all of the functional design features that make assault weapons so deadly. They are arguably more deadly than military versions, because most experts agree that semiautomatic fire is more accurate and thus more lethal than automatic fire.

Can we expect the VPC to call for the deregulation of full autos and banning of semi-autos? Can we demand that our troops get issued semi-automatics instead of full autos?

Cjones38
07-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Maybe all sights and optics should be illegal to ensure accuracy is reduced!

God Bless The Mauser
07-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Maybe they've been reading the thread in the centerfire rifles section.

TurboS600
07-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Idiots!

timdps
07-27-2009, 1:22 PM
Some real interesting logic in that list...:rolleyes:

I kind of wondered why we have never seen anything from from the VPC about legally owned full auto weapons. This list makes it look like they would be very happy if all of us upgraded our semi-auto guns to full auto because "They (semi-automatic) are arguably more deadly than military versions"!

Wonder if we could get VPC to sign off on that... :party:

tim

WD_40
08-15-2009, 6:44 PM
Maybe all sights and optics should be illegal to ensure accuracy is reduced!

Shhhhh! The statists don't need any more ideas!

hoffmang
08-15-2009, 7:10 PM
"Too accurate" is an argument that Federal Judges will laugh at!

-Gene

6172crew
08-16-2009, 7:19 PM
"Too accurate" is an argument that Federal Judges will laugh at!

-Gene

It's great to watch a good game of chess. They should go after bolt guns next... Morons.

Sutcliffe
08-16-2009, 10:59 PM
And therefore maybe even more deadly in the hands of an active marksman than fully auto.

SJgunguy24
08-31-2009, 11:53 PM
I like this line.
"However, this is a distinction without a difference in terms of killing power."

Killing power huh?

I wonder how much killing power your average 4 door sedan has?

I always like to ask anti's, what kills more people in the U.S.A. Doctors or guns?

:confused: I get that look.

artherd
08-31-2009, 11:55 PM
Legalize Full Auto!

Would be funny to do a mock VPC ad campaign with that slogan...

Merc1138
08-31-2009, 11:56 PM
But if the full auto firearm has a sem... I don't want to finish typing that, my head feels like it may explode. Some anti's REALLY tried to use this as an arguement? wtf..

CalNRA
09-01-2009, 12:33 AM
if anyone is still working at VPC and hoping to have a paycheck in the coming years, this is a good sign to look for jobs else where.

I have heard more rational arguments from Telegraph ave bums.

nicki
09-01-2009, 1:25 AM
Where is Alan Gura, he said he we could probably get everything except full auto because Justice Kennedy had issues with full autos.

Now with the VPC report, perhaps we can sway Justice Kennedy or maybe even one of the three judges, Sotomayor is a lost cause.

Nicki

lomalinda
09-01-2009, 2:12 AM
"I always like to ask anti's, what kills more people in the U.S.A. Doctors or guns?"

Maybe there's a better way to phrase the argument.

:)

tommyid1
09-01-2009, 7:29 AM
Aha imagine the day that people are illegally converting their full auto weapons to semi. Or someone getting arrested because their full auto malfunctioned and only shot 1 round per trigger pull lol. Someone should do a skit and send it to the vpc

JoeC
09-01-2009, 3:48 PM
aying down a high volume of fire over a wide killing zone, also known as "hosing down" an area.

LOL

Thats a new term for me.

"Sgt!"

"Yes sir!"

"Have your men hose down that area!"

*gets out hose and starts spraying*

"WFT are you doing SGT?! And where did you get a hose?!"

Or in the show Band of Brothers you hear Winters shouting "Hosing fire! Hosing fire!!"

barrel shroud

There's that word again!

9rGpykAX1fo

Vtec44
09-01-2009, 4:30 PM
ban all semi autos!!

"Spray-firing" from the hip, a widely recognized technique for the use of assault weapons in certain combat situations, has no place in civil society. Although assault weapon advocates claim that "spray-firing" and shooting from the hip with such weapons is never done, numerous sources (including photographs and diagrams) show how the functional design features of assault weapons are used specifically for this purpose. "

Really???

Meplat
09-01-2009, 9:06 PM
This is news? Ligitement applications of full auto fire are limited and specific. The problem is that one of them is that it is more fun than most other things you can do sober.:43:

dfletcher
09-01-2009, 10:40 PM
It is an interesting look at their approach to guns and gun control. When we point out that an "assault weapon" is functionally no different than a plain old semi auto hunting or target rifle it's done to show that AW bans are neither needed nor effective nor reasonable. But from that argument the antigun groups draw that if thatis true, all semi autos should be as restricted as an AW.

wash
09-01-2009, 10:52 PM
I want my safety sear, for safety...

domokun
09-02-2009, 3:44 PM
It makes perfect sense because FA items are many times more costly, uncommon, not legal to own in all 50 states and take slightly more effort to acquire than "normal" semi-automatics... :rolleyes:

bomb_on_bus
09-02-2009, 8:32 PM
Sorry, I meant to put this in the main 2nd A forum, not the legal cases. Mods: can you please move it?

Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------

I found an interesting page on the VPC site the other day where they acknowledge the differences between semi-autos and machine guns, and then say that this makes semi-autos more dangerous because it is easier to aim a semi and shoot straighter. Talk about wanting to have it both ways!

semi-automatics are bullet hoses (http://www.vpc.org/studies/hoseone.htm)

Can we expect the VPC to call for the deregulation of full autos and banning of semi-autos? Can we demand that our troops get issued semi-automatics instead of full autos?

Alright!

Now I can trade in my semi for a full auto because "semi autos are easier to aim and shoot straighter."

Thank you CA liberal politicians and "know-it-alls"

Gh0sT
09-02-2009, 8:46 PM
Someone in the special forces told me once how the average foot soldier would shoot hundreds to thousands of ammunition but it always took the unlucky one, to kill. But seriously, just another law to make everything confusing.

M9Man
09-02-2009, 9:44 PM
Yep we have seen all of this before happen in the UK first they say full auto is for terrorists. Then they add semi autos to the assault weapons saying their just as menacing. Then they take away our single shots saying because they are single shot weapons they are sniper weapons and are therefore also assault weapons leaving no type of firearm left that is not on the banned assault weapons list. In the UK there are guys making zip .380 machine pistols because they would rather risk being caught defending themselves than roll over and die in the hands of criminals.
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/090-0612220152-gun.jpg
When they banned all firearms over there the criminals got bold because they knew no one had weapons anymore so they would get 3 or more guys forming a mob together and rush houses with no one to stop them usually beating every one to death and taking their possessions. I would show you the website of the man heading this forefront in the UK but when I went to his site I found this tragic note left behind...
NOTICE TO READERS AND FELLOW GUNMAKERS

On 22nd May 2009 the Homegunsmith (Philip A. Luty) was, for the fifth time in ten years, attacked by an armed police unit and violently arrested at gunpoint.

In their latest onslaught against freedom of speech, press, personal expression, and dissemination of ideas, the henchmen of the State charged the Homegunsmith with "criminal offences"—namely "Making a record of information likely to be of assistance to terrorists." (Part of the all-encompassing 2000 Terrorism Act.) That's right folks, writing books or articles on one of man's oldest occupations—gunmaking—is now tantamount to an act of terrorism in modern day Britain.The Homegunsmith.com website has been strategically closed whilst wounds are licked and the troops regrouped.
—Ken Holder
Keeper of the Web Pages

Stay vigilant in advocacy for firearms or we will end up like poor Mr.Luty or worse those people beat to death in their homes.

KWA-S
09-03-2009, 3:49 PM
In their latest onslaught against freedom of speech, press, personal expression, and dissemination of ideas, the henchmen of the State charged the Homegunsmith with "criminal offences"—namely "Making a record of information likely to be of assistance to terrorists." (Part of the all-encompassing 2000 Terrorism Act.)

You know, a phone book could help a terrorist contact people to terrorize. An atlas could help him find places to bomb. A Tom Clancy novel could teach him about counter-terrorism measures. A cookbook could help him learn to cook, so that he may eat and replenish his energy before going on a shooting spree.
The possibilities are endless.