PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Bill Hunt for Sheriff Event This Saturday

OrangeCountyCCW
07-27-2009, 9:34 AM
Just a reminder that Bill Hunt, candidate for Sheriff of Orange County, is having his first event this Saturday, August 1, at Old World Restaurant in Huntington Beach. Attached is a flyer with more information about the event.

All supporters of CCW and firearm freedoms in the Southland should come to this event! Even if you live outside Orange County, it is in your interest to have a pro-CCW, pro-Second Amendment Sheriff in a large county of over 3 million to stand as an example to other Sheriffs who claim CCW will make their counties unsafe.

Please try to attend!

IGOTDIRT4U
07-27-2009, 9:38 AM
Is this an "Oathkeepers" sponsored event?

PatriotnMore
07-27-2009, 9:48 AM
Be sure to forward this flyer to your friends and family.

OrangeCountyCCW
07-27-2009, 4:32 PM
To my knowledge, the August 1 event is not sponsored by Oath Keepers, but special guest Sheriff Mack is involved with that group. You can learn more about them and Sheriff Mack here: http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2009/05/08/oath-keeper-sheriff-richard-mack/

I happen to hold two degrees from Ivy League universities, one of them a law degree, and Sheriff Mack possesses an incisive knowledge of federalism and constitutional law that few lawyers, let alone politicians, do. I watched his interview and his explanation of the relationship between state and federal government, the Enumerated Powers Clause and the Tenth Amendment, and state and federal law enforcement is absolutely correct. Especially after Hurricane Katrina, where we were treated to video of law enforcement body-slamming elderly women and confiscating their (legal) firearms, the kind of reminder that Oath Keepers provides should be welcome.