PDA

View Full Version : Best Bay Area Gun Store for accepting out of state gun

epic4444
07-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Im planning on buying a CA edition seecamp out of state and wondering what the best gunshop in the bay area to do the transfer at...driving a little doesnt bother me but i dont want to deal people who dont treat there customers well...if you know what they charge that be great also....thanks for any and all input...and btw i did do a search with no results (and if anyone has seen a seecamp for sale in the bay area let me know!)

ghost
07-26-2009, 10:28 PM
irvington arms-$100.00

Cos
07-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Try Bay Area Gun Vault in Mountain View - it seems their price tag is $50 including DROS (according to the website)

wildhawker
07-26-2009, 10:31 PM
It would help if you mentioned where you'd be coming from.

Irvington, RMB, Roger's, J&R...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=63050

wildhawker
07-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Try Bay Area Gun Vault in Mountain View - it seems their price tag is $50 including DROS (according to the website)

That's what they are showing for a PPT, not a dealer transfer as the OP would need. Interesting PPT pricing however :mad:

Here's a screenshot:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/BAGVPPT.jpg

rivviepop
07-26-2009, 10:36 PM
City Arms in Pacifica, $70 which includes DROS.

epic4444
07-26-2009, 10:38 PM
i like city arms price! thats a good deal...and btw im in concord but like i said a little drives not to bad

NotEnoughGuns
07-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Triple A's in Vallejo will probably do it for $50, I've done a few gun show transfers through them and been charged a little less but I'm a pretty good customer. The owners name is Aris and he is friendly and doesn't act like some gun god. Not to mention he has the best prices for guns I've seen in the bay area.

Triple A's Sporting Goods
1405 Georgia st
Vallejo CA 94590
707-647-1997

ontmark
07-27-2009, 5:02 AM
Triple A's in Vallejo will probably do it for $50, I've done a few gun show transfers through them and been charged a little less but I'm a pretty good customer. The owners name is Aris and he is friendly and doesn't act like some gun god. Not to mention he has the best prices for guns I've seen in the bay area.

1405 Georgia st
Vallejo CA 94590
707-647-1997

Plus 1
I have bought a P226RST from a person in Utah.
AAA received it and did the DROS for it.

Z ME FLY
07-27-2009, 6:04 AM
i like city arms price! thats a good deal...and btw im in concord but like i said a little drives not to bad

Yeah but do you have to cross the bridge? If you do add that to the cost x2

etaon
07-27-2009, 7:39 AM
Roger's Relics in Santa Clara charges 75 for a handgun out of state transfer.

Ugly Dwarf
07-27-2009, 2:27 PM
It's a haul from Concord, so I try to time my visits for days I'm working in the South Bay. That said, I can think of no FFL I'd pick over Roger's Relics.

Fair pricing and they get you in and out quickly and easily.

Linburger
07-27-2009, 2:45 PM
SJGE is 50 + 25.

MiguelS
07-27-2009, 3:02 PM
That's what they are showing for a PPT, not a dealer transfer as the OP would need. Interesting PPT pricing however :mad:

Here's a screenshot:

http://i56.photobucket.comalbums/g178/wildhawker/BAGVPPT.jpg

Them and XXX XXX both charge $15 for storage. :rolleyes:

That is why I drove an extra 15 miles to do a PPT at Jackson Arms.

MiguelS
07-27-2009, 3:03 PM
Roger's Relics in Santa Clara charges 75 for a handgun out of state transfer.

Dealing with them right now. :)

Always call to make sure that they don't have "special" hours to do a transfer and what their cost is.

Also, the posted prices could be a Calgunners discount already included.

It is up to you if you want to mention Calgun. :p

bootcamp
07-27-2009, 3:11 PM
Irvington - $100 all fees included ALL (best for brand new high dollar rifles)
Rogers Relics - $65 all fees included (not sure about tax)

gose
07-27-2009, 3:20 PM
Them and City Arms both charge $15 for storage. :rolleyes:

It's their business and their choice, but sooner or later the DOJ is going to find out and give them a call or a visit :)

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/0101.pdf

"Subsequent to the end of the 10-day waiting period or one business day following the notification of the purchaser that his/her DROS has been released from a DOJ required “hold”, the dealer may charge a storage fee."

and

"Firearms dealers that violate these laws may be subject to civil or criminal penalties and/or required to pay restitution to parties that have been overcharged"

So if they charge a storage fee even though you pick up your gun after exactly 10 days, you can just call the DOJ and tell them about it and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you get your $15 back. Personally I'll just take my business elsewhere.

MiguelS
07-27-2009, 3:33 PM
Personally I'll just take my business elsewhere.

:thumbsup:

code33
07-27-2009, 3:35 PM
When did City Arms start charging an additional $15 for storage on PPT? I've done several PPT's through them and this was not the case.

Them and City Arms both charge $15 for storage. :rolleyes:

epic4444
07-27-2009, 3:37 PM
i actually picked J and R supply in livermore becuase ive bought there twice and theyre open seven days a week...plus they were nice on the phone

MiguelS
07-27-2009, 3:41 PM
When did City Arms start charging an additional $15 for storage on PPT? I've done several PPT's through them and this was not the case.

you are right, I need to find the store....searching...

tony soprano
07-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Irvington - $100 all fees included ALL (best for brand new high dollar rifles)
Rogers Relics - $65 all fees included (not sure about tax)Just for clarification, I think Roger's is $65 for long guns and $75 for hand guns. I'm looking at a receipt that Lisa wrote up just last week.

trendar5
07-28-2009, 12:27 AM
I hit up Bay Area Crime Vault about the $15 storage and insurance they charged me, and quoted the penal code, and of course he got all flustered, started talking loud, etc., ran his mouth, and said it was still o.k. to make a profit in America. I'll be meeting DOJ there soon enough to discuss the matter again.....Further, he told me Roger's Relics is only open one day a week, and charges more. Wrong on both counts.

wildhawker
07-28-2009, 12:31 AM
I hit up Bay Area Crime Vault about the $15 storage and insurance they charged me, and quoted the penal code, and of course he got all flustered, started talking loud, etc., ran his mouth, and said it was still o.k. to make a profit in America. I'll be meeting DOJ there soon enough to discuss the matter again.....Further, he told me Roger's Relics is only open one day a week, and charges more. Wrong on both counts.

Who was it, Eric or Gary?

technique
07-28-2009, 1:29 AM
:lurk5:

And its Erik with a "K"

Yup....I dread the day I wake up and California has no more gunstores...............I suppose everyone will be wondering why too.

wildhawker
07-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Thanks ohsmily, I forgot the k. ;)

You must admit, this is pretty eggregious and blatant on part of BAGV. I'd hope someone talks to them before the DOJ does.

:lurk5:

And its Erik with a "K"

Yup....I dread the day I wake up and California has no more gunstores...............I suppose everyone will be wondering why too.

technique
07-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks ohsmily, I forgot the k. ;)

You must admit, this is pretty eggregious and blatant on part of BAGV. I'd hope someone talks to them before the DOJ does.

Well...as far as the owners I sent Erik a text and a friendly heads up. He really is a good guy.

Gary...I have had words with him. I truly feel that he is incompetent...100%

Jimi..I have known since we were both kids dreaming of a Red Dawn reality :)
I talked to him to but he is only a employee.

Is it really necessary to taddletail on FFLs to the DOJ.

jazman
07-28-2009, 2:12 PM
I am sorry to hear this about Gun Vault. If what was posted about them is true what a load of BS. Roger's is a great place to do business, I have had many guns come in to them from out of state (one on the way right now), and every transaction has been nothing but fast, courteous, and perfect. They are open every day except Sunday far as I know. Nice people. For Erik to bad mouth them is weak and the mark of a bad business man. For BAGV to charge any more than $35.00 for a PPT is against the law and a stupid move on their part. They have built up some good will here on CG, but to continue to rip people off for the extra $15.00 will only cause them problems. If they are smart they will rethink their position.

wildhawker
07-28-2009, 2:22 PM
I like the guys there for the most part, so don't think I'm biased against- they've always done me well (and I only paid $35 for a PPT).

No, it's probably not necessary to report in 90% of the cases- a friendly and non-confrontational "come to Jesus" should suffice. However, there seems to be a growing trend towards FFLs knowingly playing games with PPT fees (and that is what this is). I've been a strong and vocal advocate for FFLs in the past, and remain firm in my belief that PPTs are undervalued. That said, it rubs me the wrong way when a supposedly "friendly" FFL behaves in this manner, backed up by a website that flaunts the law and our sensibilities in front of God and everybody.

Well...as far as the owners I sent Erik a text and a friendly heads up. He really is a good guy.

Gary...I have had words with him. I truly feel that he is incompetent...100%

Jimi..I have known since we were both kids dreaming of a Red Dawn reality :)
I talked to him to but he is only a employee.

Buddhabelly
07-28-2009, 5:00 PM
I am sorry to hear this about Gun Vault. If what was posted about them is true what a load of BS. Roger's is a great place to do business, I have had many guns come in to them from out of state (one on the way right now), and every transaction has been nothing but fast, courteous, and perfect. They are open every day except Sunday far as I know. Nice people. For Erik to bad mouth them is weak and the mark of a bad business man. For BAGV to charge any more than $35.00 for a PPT is against the law and a stupid move on their part. They have built up some good will here on CG, but to continue to rip people off for the extra $15.00 will only cause them problems. If they are smart they will rethink their position.

Roger and Lisa also close on Wednesdays now.

sportsman
07-28-2009, 5:01 PM
I would use rogers in santa clara great people work out of there home very laid back have done a lot of out of state with them

epic4444
07-28-2009, 7:09 PM
ya i went with j and r becuase of the 7 days a week...ive used rogers before and was very happy but i dont like the not open everyday...i dont blame them at all becuase its out of there house but i wanna get my gun on the 10th day not the 12th

GoodEyeSniper
07-28-2009, 7:35 PM

1405 Georgia st
Vallejo CA 94590
707-647-1997

I was just there today. Guy told me $75 for out of state transfers, $125 if you are privately transferring a gun that they already have in stock.... no thanks.

CenterX
07-28-2009, 7:56 PM
Plus 1
I have bought a P226RST from a person in Utah.
AAA received it and did the DROS for it.

+1 Triple A's team used to have totally great pricing.

Wonder what happened? Grew big and now wants top cream like others... Maybe.

hubcap74
07-28-2009, 7:56 PM
I was just there today. Guy told me $75 for out of state transfers, $125 if you are privately transferring a gun that they already have in stock.... no thanks.

they also charge $45.00 for ppt`s there.:rolleyes:

CenterX
07-28-2009, 8:07 PM
Wow when did that happen? I haven't been to AAA in about 6 months. My how things change. Did you remind them $35 is the DOJ approved total?

Roger and Lisa are closed half day Saturday too. After all we all need a break or we just grind to a halt. I long for the days when everything was closed on sunday but the churches. Crime was lower. Heart failure was lower. Obesity was a rarity. Cudos to Roger and Lisa for seeing what life is all about and living a little outside the box.

Rudolf the Red
07-28-2009, 8:34 PM
$125 if you are privately transferring a gun that they already have in stock.... no thanks.

It's almost like some dealers do whatever they can to limit their customer base.

I suppose that if I had a real stand alone business that was my sole source of income, I would have to raise my prices but stuff like the above quote is just crazy!

NotEnoughGuns
07-28-2009, 8:50 PM

Really?

Wow, That kinda makes me feel bad. I'll have to give the owner s*** next time I go in there. Last PPT I did cost $40 and thats with DROS. Maybe I can work out a Calgunners discount for you guys.

leelaw
07-29-2009, 12:17 AM

METCO Firearms #2 in Fairfield, or Irvington Arms in Fremont.

METCO is $50 plus DROS for out of state transfers, and I don't know Irvington's current price schedule. Concord is a little closer to Fairfield than Fremont, but you'll be treated right at both shops.

leelaw
07-29-2009, 12:18 AM

Here's a screenshot:

Funny. Most people wouldn't post evidence of the commission of a crime online for all to see, at least not without trying to be anonymous.

SJgunguy24
07-29-2009, 12:31 AM

I called them on Tuesday 7/28/09 they said 100$ for a IN STATE TRANSFER:eek:. PPT is 50$, I said "no by law it's 35$" He said something about storage fees and I hung up.

Dr. Peter Venkman
07-29-2009, 12:33 AM
I called them on Tuesday 7/28/09 they said 100$ for a IN STATE TRANSFER:eek:. PPT is 50$, I said "no by law it's 35$" He said something about storage fees and I hung up.

Screw those guys!

SJgunguy24
07-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Screw those guys!

That is insane to charge 100$ for something not even crossing state lines.

lunde
07-29-2009, 4:57 AM
Just out of curiosity, is BAGV a reincarnation of Eddy's Gun Shop? I was there once, several years ago, to purchase an Ithaca shotgun. At the time, they were the only Ithaca dealer in the area, so I didn't have much of a choice. While being frustrated through waiting, I clearly recall seeing a sign behind the counter that stated that PPTs were $50. This was in November or December of 2001.

wildhawker
07-29-2009, 5:07 AM
Funny. Most people wouldn't post evidence of the commission of a crime online for all to see, at least not without trying to be anonymous.

I've simply shown their (public) store policy in response to some discussion of transfer fee costs.

leelaw
07-29-2009, 8:46 AM
I've simply shown their (public) store policy in response to some discussion of transfer fee costs.

I know. I should clarify.

Funny. Most FFLs wouldn't post evidence of the commission of a crime (illegal PPT charges) online for all to see, at least not without trying to be anonymous.

Bowser
07-29-2009, 3:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, is BAGV a reincarnation of Eddy's Gun Shop? I was there once, several years ago, to purchase an Ithaca shotgun. At the time, they were the only Ithaca dealer in the area, so I didn't have much of a choice. While being frustrated through waiting, I clearly recall seeing a sign behind the counter that stated that PPTs were $50. This was in November or December of 2001.

Negative, BAGV is a different gun store entirely.

Bowser
07-29-2009, 4:10 PM
Here's what's going on. This is coming from the owners, and not just me. The BAGV appologizes for any wrong doing in regards to the PPT transfer fees. We like the Calguns crowd and want to do the right thing. We just got off the phone with the DOJ and have sorted through this problem.

First things first, anyone who was wrongly charged $50 for a PPT, you have up to August 30, 2009 to get a refund. You MUST supply the receipt showing the overcharge. Again, we are sorry for this misunderstanding.

Now onto what the DOJ said on the phone. We now undertand that PPT fees are as follows - $25 for DROS + $10 dealer fee = $35. Now, this is good up to the 10 days for picking up the gun. If you pick up the gun on the 10th day at the correct time, you will not be charged for any additional fees. But, per the DOJ we are allowed to charge a storage fee of our own if you pick it up after th 10th day.

After the 10th day, there is a $15 storage and insurance charge up to 3 days. After 3 days, it is $5 a day.

gdict
07-29-2009, 6:11 PM
That is insane to charge 100$ for something not even crossing state lines.

Why do you presume that there is less cost in processing an "in state" as opposed to an "out of state" transfer? We're not talking about PPT's with the $100 charge. Regardless of where it's coming from, the cost to process a dealer to dealer transfer is the same.....

gdict
07-29-2009, 6:14 PM

Bay Area Gun Vault is an entirely new business owned by Gary and Erik. What may have confused some is that one of their part timers is a member of the original Eddy's family. He is simply an employee, but brings a wealth of knowledge to table. His father, Jerry, the former owner of Eddy's, also hangs out behind the counter when he is in town and chats with the customers.

Z ME FLY
07-29-2009, 6:49 PM
Here's what's going on. This is coming from the owners, and not just me. The BAGV appologizes for any wrong doing in regards to the PPT transfer fees. We like the Calguns crowd and want to do the right thing. We just got off the phone with the DOJ and have sorted through this problem.

First things first, anyone who was wrongly charged $50 for a PPT, you have up to August 30, 2009 to get a refund. You MUST supply the receipt showing the overcharge. Again, we are sorry for this misunderstanding.

Now onto what the DOJ said on the phone. We now undertand that PPT fees are as follows - $25 for DROS + $10 dealer fee = $35. Now, this is good up to the 10 days for picking up the gun. If you pick up the gun on the 10th day at the correct time, you will not be charged for any additional fees. But, per the DOJ we are allowed to charge a storage fee of our own if you pick it up after th 10th day.

After the 10th day, there is a $15 storage and insurance charge up to 3 days. After 3 days, it is $5 a day.

So what if I am suppose to pick up my gun @ 4pm and I show up at @5pm so I would get charged the extra $15? Are there any days that you are closed? Or a day that you closer earlier than a different day? What if you close @ 6pm the day I dros my gun @ 530 and you close @ 5pm the day my dros is done. Are you still going to charge me $15 because you are closed and I can't pick it up?

Not trying to sound rude, I am just wondering about this. I'm shocked that you would charge since I haven't had that experience before when I picked up guns a day or two late.

wildhawker
07-29-2009, 7:10 PM
It does seem like a 3 day grace period would be reasonable before incurring a $15 fee, but at least the charges are in line.

greybeard
07-29-2009, 7:24 PM
J&R is 75 with a $25 discount for Calguns

Bowser
07-29-2009, 7:56 PM
So what if I am suppose to pick up my gun @ 4pm and I show up at @5pm so I would get charged the extra $15? Are there any days that you are closed? Or a day that you closer earlier than a different day? What if you close @ 6pm the day I dros my gun @ 530 and you close @ 5pm the day my dros is done. Are you still going to charge me $15 because you are closed and I can't pick it up?

Not trying to sound rude, I am just wondering about this. I'm shocked that you would charge since I haven't had that experience before when I picked up guns a day or two late.

The store is open 7 days a week.

PHONE
650-960-3006

HOURS

Monday: 9 am – 6 pm
Tuesday: 9 am – 6 pm
Wednesday: 10 am – 8 pm
Thursday: 9 am – 6 pm
Friday: 9 am – 6 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 9 am – 3 pm

As long as it's on the 10th day they won't charge you. On the 11th, 12th, and 13th day however is $15. Anyday after that is $5 per day. If your PPT pickup date falls on a weekend where we are closed earlier than normal, it's just advised you PPT earlier in the day time. If you have any questions please call the store and talk to the owners. They will clear up any issues with you.

These fees are for PPTs only!

trashman
07-29-2009, 8:14 PM
I've bought a couple of (really (http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee126/northslope/27-2/27-2_5-inch0002.jpg) nice (http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee126/northslope/IMG_5715thursday.jpg)) S&W pieces at great prices from BAGV -- I try and swing through there once a week as I work down the street.

These are good guys and they will do the right thing about the PPT charges.

But I gotta tell ya -- I feel their pain on the out-of-state transfer inquiries. EVERY TIME I am in the shop somebody calls Erik and wants to know a) why their out-of-state transfer fees aren't lower for something from BudsGunShop or 2) will they sell uppers/Saigas/Sigs/M&Ps at prices close to dealer cost (or at least close to what BudsGunShop sells).

They *are* running a business and not "Chairman Mao's Out-Of-State Fixed-Price Transfer Paperwork Waystation".

--Neill

ColdDeadHands1
07-29-2009, 8:17 PM
Rogers Relics in Santa Clara. Out of state handgun transfers $75 OTD. Done several there. Courteous and trouble free. I am happy to call them "my FFL"!

One Shot, One Dropped
07-29-2009, 9:13 PM

Well, I know everyone says that it's illegal to charge more than $35 for a PPT (which is true), but I don't think it's that big a deal that they do. I mean, they have higher expenses. For instance, their shop is a lot nicer (wood floor, well-light, clean) than most. That costs money. They are in a nicer neighborhood than most (Mountain View is nicer than Vallejo (Triple A's?)). That costs money. They have a knowledgeable staff, and their time is more valuable. That costs money (more than hiring a bunch of space-fillers who know nothing. I also feel my gun would be better kept in their store (nice, new safes from a new store). And, I know people are going to say it's wrong, but, in business, expenses get passed on to the consumer. That's how they still make a profit (the point of a business). I would much rather do my business there than anywhere else.

Good people (Jimi and all)!

That's my $.02, and I know a lot of your will disagree.

trendar5
07-30-2009, 9:26 AM
Good, knowledgable people, with a nice floor, who rip off the consumer by breaking the law, and then ignore the customers' complaints until DOJ sets them straight....????? You can have your two cents back, you'll need it for the $1,000 Sig 226 at BAGV.

I have to admit that sometimes they are friendly, and they are knowledgable about guns, no doubt. They also have very nice guns to look at. But, what about integrity and honesty as pillars of a new business?

feldie66
08-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Diablo Valley Gun Works in Pleasant Hill is where I have my guns shipped. $75 plus DROS. It was the cheapest place that I didn't have to drive an hour to get to to DROS and another hour to pick up.

leelaw
08-23-2009, 9:23 AM
Diablo Valley Gun Works in Pleasant Hill is where I have my guns shipped. $75 plus DROS. It was the cheapest place that I didn't have to drive an hour to get to to DROS and another hour to pick up.

Another shop with illegal PPT pricing. Don't call them on it, you'll get a huge attitude from Ken.

I'd shop elsewhere as long as they choose to keep their pricing schedule.

jmf_tracy
08-23-2009, 1:41 PM
i use irvington arms - $100 out the door.
i avoid:
tracy shooting supplies (major anti-gun anti-OLL bootlickin SOB)
BAGV (that is pure BS regarding them chompin at the bit to charge you extra storage fees, screw em.)
J&R : (nice guys, but expensive and they charge an arm + leg plus tax on dealer transfers)
i support irvington arms with the majority of my transfers, purchases, etc. because they are a good and fair shop.

anthonyca
08-23-2009, 2:48 PM
Flame suit on.

How long does it take to do all the paperwork and filing for a PPT?

Customer take?

Store take?

State mandated $10 fee? I know it sounds like pure profit but out of that there are many cost to run that shop. Not to mention you not even buying a gun from them and they have to do the transfer on something they make no profit on.

So the state gets $25 and the store only gets $10 when we pay the state for everything we do in comerce and we are mad at the store?

Just imagine you own an auto shop. Some dude comes in and says the guy down the street just fixed my car but now you have to do all the paperwork for us and you can only charge me 10 bucks. Wouldn't you be mad? I don't know why I used an analogy since it stands for a gun shop too?

I am a cheap $$$ so I still get mad when I am over charged but at the same time I feel their pain. Now if they quoted me one price then changed it I would be upset and not pay it. Aren't most of us free market capitalist who don't like government intrusion? Just not when it makes up pay more?

Even after all that I would rather pay less then $35. Just looking at it from a gun store owners view.

leitung
08-23-2009, 4:09 PM

Here's a screenshot:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/BAGVPPT.jpg

Illegal? Very....

technique
08-23-2009, 4:31 PM
Illegal? Very....

must not be a big reader.....try reading the whole thread before posting.

Facepalm.

dfletcher
08-23-2009, 6:10 PM
I think it's terrific that the store policy will change and an illegal charge is eliminated through a little discussion here. Maybe a little fine tuning of any additional fees. Most of us buy guns on Saturday, 10th day is a Tuesday when we're at work. A 3 day grace period would get folks to the following Saturday.

As an aside, I've bought a few guns there and to tell the truth, didn't notice the additional charge. That doesn't make it OK, just not an issue at the time. I think replacing a charge that's one item in a set of costs at the time of the sale - gun cost, tax, DROS and registration, etc - and charging it separately would be noticed.

Clodbuster
08-23-2009, 8:53 PM
+1 for Irvington Arms.
Price is a bit higher, but always a smooth transaction, and most importantly trustworthy.

I thought all FFLs were the same until I went to BAGV. Erik tried to set things right, but I would never do business with them ever again. 1 time was enough.

Clod

MarioS
08-23-2009, 9:58 PM
I had a gun shipped up from Southern California and called around to a few of the FFL's up here...I found Irvington Arms to be the best deal in terms of fee and most correct in terms of laws. I was charged $100 out the door including DROS to accept the shipped gun and do the transfer. I highly recommend them, I have done a handful of transfers there.

jmf_tracy
08-23-2009, 11:49 PM
+1 for Irvington Arms.
Price is a bit higher, but always a smooth transaction, and most importantly trustworthy.

I thought all FFLs were the same until I went to BAGV. Erik tried to set things right, but I would never do business with them ever again. 1 time was enough.

Clod

i have had multiple guns bought from out of state and transferred to irv arms and sat in their safe for months because of the 1 every 30 day rule. including when i went out of the country for more than a month with 3 guns sitting in their safe. they never charged me anything for that. good guys.
i think it is complete BS that any FFL would want to charge you for not picking up a gun on the 10th day. like they were put out because you did not run right over and pick it up as soon as the 10 day wait was over.

chiselchst
08-26-2009, 11:43 PM

$5 a day? Wow...is it me or does this seem kinda high?

I've had out of State handgun purchases stack up at Triple A's in Vallejo, and was never charged any additional storage or "insurance" fees. That seems a bit high, maybe it's me...

My only experience from BAGV was purching a Sig Equinox, which they had in stock, but wouldn't tell me the price over the phone. After explaining I was 1-1/2 hours away, he did answer "is it priced at MSRP?", at which point he said "no, it's lower than MSRP". When I got there it was at MSRP, LOL. But they knocked $50 off the the $1200 price tag.

Personally, I'm very happy with Triple A's in Vallejo. Talk to Aris, he's a real good guy that has done me right. Their prices are pretty good too.

(Their FFL is on record with many places such as Top Gun Supply, so no hassle when purchasing online)

ggong5150
08-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Rogers Relics in Santa Clara. Out of state handgun transfers $75 OTD. Done several there. Courteous and trouble free. I am happy to call them "my FFL"!

+1 for Rogers Relics!! Recently did a handgun and a long gun transfer both at the same time. $75 for handguns and $65 for long guns!! Lisa and Roger are both great people!