PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own a kel-tec pf9

bombadillo
07-26-2009, 7:37 PM
I've got the opportunity to pick up a kel-tec pf9 and wanted some feedback. I know kel-tec gets a bad wrap but wanted any info on how they liked it. I like the fact that it's got adjustable sights, 9mm, very very thin profile, and lightweight. I'm just curious as to reliability and fit and finish. For a cheap plastic gun, what do you think, and is it something you'd put your life behind?

VegasND
07-26-2009, 9:16 PM
I've got the opportunity to pick up a kel-tec pf9 and wanted some feedback. I know kel-tec gets a bad wrap but wanted any info on how they liked it.
I like it well enough that I have 2 of them and carry one almost every day.
I like the fact that it's got adjustable sights, 9mm, very very thin profile, and lightweight.
Don't get too excited about the sights, and 'adjustable' is a relative term--I doubt you'll be changing things very often. It is small and light; small enough that I rarely carry the P3AT and light (and powerful) enough that I usually choose it instead of my Ultra CDP.
I'm just curious as to reliability and fit and finish. For a cheap plastic gun, what do you think, and is it something you'd put your life behind?

One has been back to Kel-Tec for a rebuild, so 2 gives me a spare to use when the other is in the shop. You won't be showing the 'fit and finish' off to anybody, they're pretty minimal. Here's the owners' group:
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl
Be prepared though, they can be hard to take. Those people are true believers!

PonchoTA
07-26-2009, 10:49 PM
I've got one, I intend for it to be my daily carry when (IF) I ever get my CCW. I DO carry it when I'm at my dad's in NM.

Yes, with the Hornady JHP rounds in there, I DO trust my life to it! :yes:

hth

USMC_2651_E5
07-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I have one I carry daily. You wont win any competitions with it, but it will kill a man size target out to twenty-five. Finish is pretty rough too. But it isn't a show piece. I sanded all the rough seams and edges to make it more comfortable to hold. I also had the slide hard chromed by Enterprise Arms so that I wouldn't have to clean rust off it every other day. All that being said, I really like to carry it because it is so small and light. The dang thing has never had a hicup on the range and I would trust it to go bang when I need it to. I would recommend buying one if the price isn't too steep.

hellraiser
07-27-2009, 11:36 AM
i love these guns... but im a kel-tec fan...

it relatively acurate, slim and has a decent capacity... i love the grip on it and it seems to be a pretty solid gun.
i would 100% trust my life with mine...
i had good luck because it was dependable from the moment i picked it up however some may need some minor "garage" tweeking.... somthing called a fluff and buff really helps some guys guns...

www.ktog.org is a good resource for any problems that may come up and keltec customer service is second to none...

MrClamperSir
07-27-2009, 8:15 PM
I have one I carry daily. You wont win any competitions with it, but it will kill a man size target out to twenty-five. Finish is pretty rough too.

I'll second that.