PDA

View Full Version : Arnold's letter to Feinstein supporting her Opposition to national CCW Reciprocity

Paladin
07-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Go to Feinstein's website where she has a link to a .pdf of Arnold's letter.

http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=NewsRoom.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=9ee06726-5056-8059-76dc-23c8e6e28f85

I guess in Arnold's mind, states giving "full faith and credit" to each others' drivers licenses is also trampling on states' rights. :rolleyes:

ETA: If Arnold's so interested in protecting states' rights, let's see him get on the 10th Amendment bandwagon and call for the fed to limit itself to it enumerated powers! http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/ ;)

If anyone would like to contact the governor to tell him what you think about him opposing national CCW reciprocity and how that will affect your support of him in the future (e.g., not donating time/money/effort to his campaigns; not voting for him), his contact info can be found here:
http://gov.ca.gov/interact#contact

Frankly, I'd love it if a bunch of Calgunners call his Sacto office Monday morning (phone: 916-445-2841). Tell him the way he can protect states' rights and still allow the citizens of California to protect their own lives is to come out strongly in support of AB357, the bill to make CA "Shall Issue." Barring that, we'll assume he is against our 2nd A RKBA for self-defense and not only not support him in the future, but also active work against him. :chris:

I know I will.

forgiven
07-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Just a couple more perps that I would like to see drop dead. Their no different then the most violent criminal. We have to face it, we're in a war. The founders are rolling in their graves.

kap
07-26-2009, 12:03 AM
Dear Arnold,

No matter how much you kiss DiFi's tush you will never be a senator.

Sincerely,

CGN

anthonyca
07-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Arnie is proof that excessive steroid use will deball a man. I used to not believe all that but now I have seen the light.

MrClamperSir
07-26-2009, 1:52 AM
[I guess in Arnold's mind, states giving full faith and credit to each others' drivers licenses is also trampling on states' rights. :rolleyes:

I get what you're saying, and I agree, but in that scenario only a few Californians would even have a drivers licsense.

bondmid003
07-26-2009, 2:03 AM
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say with a certainty it is not Arnold's fault that CA is a May Issue state. That fault rests solely on the many thousands of diehard liberal antis that reside in this state

gcvt
07-26-2009, 2:08 AM
Thank God he wrote that letter! Otherwise, she may have voted for it :rolleyes:

MrClamperSir
07-26-2009, 2:15 AM
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say with a certainty it is not Arnold's fault that CA is a May Issue state. That fault rests solely on the many thousands of diehard liberal antis that reside in this state

Yeah and he seems real eager to try and imliment shall issue.:rolleyes: He is just as diehard leftie.

bondmid003
07-26-2009, 2:21 AM
Yeah and he seems real eager to try and imliment shall issue.:rolleyes: He is just as diehard leftie.

Thats a pretty harsh and generalized statement, alot of folks don't seem to realize that there are republicans out there that aren't as big on guns as we are.

press1280
07-26-2009, 5:53 AM
The media didn't mention how difficult it is to get a CCW in CA,NJ,NY(the states making a huge fuss over this bill), they made it seem as if the objective standards(background checks, training,exc.) were somehow more stringent in these states, which isn't necessarily true. The problem is the standard of "need" is undefined and is up to the issuing authority as to what qualifies as "need".
If the media informed people about that, and let's say, used in the context of getting a driver's license, it may have been a different story. Just imagine they say in PA, a background check, along with driver's school certificate and passing the driving test gets you a driver's license, but in NY, you must have all the above, but you must prove you NEED to drive;if you work near your home and there's public transportation, you don't qualify. But, you get one if you have to drive a truck for your employer. The state also can issue a to/from work only license for those who live further away from work. Or, in NJ, you would be told to get another job closer to home so that you don't need a driver's license.
You can bet people would be furious if the DL system turned "may-issue", although constitutionally it would be more defensible than denying carry(open or CC).

locosway
07-26-2009, 6:43 AM
email sent

MrClamperSir
07-26-2009, 6:59 AM
Thats a pretty harsh and generalized statement, alot of folks don't seem to realize that there are republicans out there that aren't as big on guns as we are.

Saying that Schwartz is a lefty in context of the 2a is harsh and generalized? How so?

rrr70
07-26-2009, 7:07 AM
He's a RINO.

bodger
07-26-2009, 9:33 AM
He's only pro-gun when he's acting in films that depict violent acts perpetrated by gun toting robots and such.

HunterJim
07-26-2009, 11:56 AM
I asked him to push the Legislature to send him AB 357 so he can have his states rights and I can have my civil rights...jim

gunsmith
07-26-2009, 12:22 PM
they do not listen to us,we have to vote him out of office.
After the .50 ban I ripped up my R card with the picture of Arnie on it and mailed it to them telling them I can not vote for RINO's ...they mailed me a new one.

tazmanian devil dog
07-26-2009, 3:02 PM
I have said it before and I'll say it again. WE HAVE TO TAKE OUR STATE BACK!!!!!!! I am sick and tired as are all of you of having my rights trampled by the left wing element in this state. And I for one, refuse to move just so I can have all of my rights. It IS TIME to take action now before we all end up in Obama, DI FI Pelosi re-education camps!!!

Red Dawn here we come!!

Oh and by the way, as bondmid003 stated, there are enemies in the Republican Party as well. Almost no one who is currently serving in office can be said to be gun friendly. There are a few, but not many. Keep that in mind.

yellowfin
07-26-2009, 7:33 PM
I'm hoping this gets the national attention it deserves.

Mstrty
07-26-2009, 7:59 PM

+1 unfortunately :mad: the media is still bowing to the almighty Oboma.

javalos
07-26-2009, 8:35 PM
Its safe to say Arnold's political career won't go anywhere after his governorship is up. For sure he's a RINO.

Paladin
07-26-2009, 9:09 PM

The best/only way for that to happen is for us to post the OP on the big national forums. You can be sure the MSM won't help us.

We need to make sure Arnie's political authority ends at our state's borders.

Do it for the other 49 states! ;)

A324
07-26-2009, 9:13 PM
Letter sent.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s91/A324AR15/DianneFeinstein.jpg

yellowfin
07-27-2009, 8:04 AM
Its safe to say Arnold's political career won't go anywhere after his governorship is up. For sure he's a RINO.The problem with this is that he doesn't have to care. There's almost no form of punishment we can give for this which will have any effect at all. He'll be termed out and doesn't have to do anything more for the rest of his life to still have more money than most of us will ever have. :mad:

MrClamperSir
07-27-2009, 6:47 PM
The problem with this is that he doesn't have to care. There's almost no form of punishment we can give for this which will have any effect at all. He'll be termed out and doesn't have to do anything more for the rest of his life to still have more money than most of us will ever have. :mad:

He may have more money but I have a good looking wife and a love for my country.

motorhead
07-28-2009, 9:11 AM
arnold is worthless and weak. he's made a career of baring his hindquarters to the democrats. he knows his political career is over. he's married to a kennedy for christ's sake. he's been an enemy of the 2nd from the start.

bodger
07-28-2009, 9:42 AM
Arnie is finished and his anti-2A crap doesn't surprise me at all.

Nor would it surprise me if he ends up with a CCW when his term is over. So he can protect himself whilst riding his harley.

Although I doubt his wife would allow it.

I saw Sarah Palin on the news last night. It's nice to hear a politician speak in support of the Second Amendment, whether it does any good or not.

cmaynes
07-28-2009, 12:40 PM
are there any statistics as to crime rates involving CCW holders? It would seem to me to be similar to people with class III permits, the license itself would seem to be far more valuable than the proceeds of a crime.

Paladin
07-28-2009, 1:01 PM
If he's so interested in protecting states' rights, let's see him get on the 10th Amendment bandwagon and call for the fed to limit itself to it enumerated powers! http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/ ;)

Paladin
07-28-2009, 1:05 PM
are there any statistics as to crime rates involving CCW holders? It would seem to me to be similar to people with class III permits, the license itself would seem to be far more valuable than the proceeds of a crime.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=18&issue=003

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=239

yellowfin
07-28-2009, 2:27 PM
Who he's married to isn't an excuse for being anti 2A.

motorhead
07-28-2009, 4:11 PM
quite true. he's let down his constituents if many more areas than just gun rights. he was the darling of the media for so long due to "building bridges" with the opposition. he never had a principle he wasn't willing to bargain away. during his first campaign he promised to stand up to the teacher's union, we all saw how that worked for him.