PDA

View Full Version : Head of NRA vs anti-2nd A MSNBC

Paladin
07-25-2009, 8:07 AM
Here's a 5 min video of the Executive V.P. of the NRA, Wayne LaPierre, going toe-to-toe against the anti-2nd A RKBA MSM and doing a darn good job of it! Notice how all the visuals MSNBC uses are anti-gun (e.g., guns used in crimes, etc.). Wayne does an excellent job showing how even though we "lost" on the CCW reciprocity amendment, the momentum is on our side and we'll be back! Notice how the reporter/interviewer, who is very prepared w/anti arguments, does not land a single punch on Wayne, he blocks and counters every one of them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/32105554#32105554

Wayne FTW!

sholling
07-25-2009, 8:29 AM
Wayne kicked some butt and I'm surprised that BSNBC even allowed that to air without editing it to make him look ridiculous. The MSM will continue to be the ones driving gun control because most reporters really aren't smart enough to look beyond simplistic ideas and their own emotional reactions.

Hans Gruber
07-25-2009, 8:39 AM
Nice job Wayne!

510shooter510
07-25-2009, 8:51 AM
Wayne is the man! You reading this wayne? you are the man!

AndrewMendez
07-25-2009, 9:03 AM
Gosh Damn!!! He is good!

hvengel
07-25-2009, 9:19 AM
All of the spokesman from major RKBA groups like NRA and GOA have gotten very good at dealing with hostile media types like the one here. In fact I think they have learned to use them to our advantage. This is one of the many reasons that things have been gradually shifting in our direction for a long time now.

Every time MSM does one of these stories they expect the RKBA spokesman to be an inarticulate redneck moron since in their view anyone who supports gun rights must be dumb and uneducated. Instead they get someone who is articulate, who knows the facts and does not look, act or appear to be anything other than a normal well educated and informed person. The MSM thinks they are setting a trap for our side when they do one of these reports and instead they play into our hands by making emotional anti-gun arguments only to have the RKBA spokesman reply with well articulated fact based arguments that debunk what MSM is saying. In the end MSM and the position they support ends up looking foolish for basing their arguments on emotion and our side moves people that are undecided in our direction a little by making arguments that are fact based.

Wayne did do a good job. He stayed on message and didn't let the interviewer get in the way of that message. But at the same time he tuned the message to her questions so that he appeared to be responding to her.

Gator Monroe
07-25-2009, 9:42 AM
Hostile Government media types = PMSNBC

yellowfin
07-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I honestly don't think it's just the reporters and their emotions. I honestly don't buy that someone smart enough to get far enough up the chain to be a national TV personality can be that stupid on their own and have it fly- the ones up the totem pole at very least are at best biased enough that they let it slide, most likely encourage it, or possibly even direct and demand it.

sholling
07-25-2009, 10:26 AM
I honestly don't think it's just the reporters and their emotions. I honestly don't buy that someone smart enough to get far enough up the chain to be a national TV personality can be that stupid on their own and have it fly- the ones up the totem pole at very least are at best biased enough that they let it slide, most likely encourage it, or possibly even direct and demand it.Then you need to see more TV anchors outside of their scripted teleprompter reading world. They aren't picked for their brains. Most are classic ditzes. Yes there are a few smart ones but they are few and far between. Did you ever wonder what happened to those sincere but not all that bright kids from high school? The ones that hung hand painted "save the whatever" banners everywhere? They took journalism classes so they could save the world from something - anything. It's a career that for the most part doesn't pay any better than a grocery checker and (with exceptions) the best and brightest don't go there. This includes the few high-buck superstars. Look at Dan Rather. :p

I highly recommend reading Bias by Barnard Goldberg.

BroncoBob
07-25-2009, 10:33 AM
He owned her every time she tried to make her anti points.

M198
07-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Then you need to see more TV anchors outside of their scripted teleprompter reading world. They aren't picked for their brains. Most are classic ditzes. Yes there are a few smart ones but they are few and far between. Did you ever wonder what happened to those sincere but not all that bright kids from high school? The ones that hung hand painted "save the whatever" banners everywhere? They took journalism classes so they could save the world from something - anything. It's a career that for the most part doesn't pay any better than a grocery checker and (with exceptions) the best and brightest don't go there. This includes the few high-buck superstars. Look at Dan Rather. :p

I highly recommend reading Bias by Barnard Goldberg.

They didn't pick Andrea Mitchell because of her teleprompter skills or looks. She's not Couric, she's a real reporter who just has no knowledge about guns except that they kill people. She's no different than every other sexually and emotionally repressed child who's afraid of inanimate objects that I've ran across. She was born and raised in New York city and married Alan Greenspan of all people. She simply doesn't know any better.

chefdude
07-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Wayne for President or at least Gov of California

matt@friedmanforcongress.
07-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Yet another fantasitc job by Mr. LaPierre.

Maestro Pistolero
07-25-2009, 1:48 PM
Long live wayne La Pierre.

HondaMasterTech
07-25-2009, 3:31 PM
The link is broke

HondaMasterTech
07-25-2009, 3:36 PM
The link is broke

navyinrwanda
07-25-2009, 3:46 PM
This is what someone who's had years and years of high-priced professional media training sounds like.

Wayne LaPierre can pretty much go head-to-head with anyone and not get pummeled. But it took him time, effort and hard practice.

trashman
07-25-2009, 4:04 PM
This is what someone who's had years and years of high-priced professional media training sounds like.

Wayne LaPierre can pretty much go head-to-head with anyone and not get pummeled. But it took him time, effort and hard practice.

Bingo - and he's come a real long way from the mid-90's. I used to cringe a little bit when I'd see him on TV.

He did a great job in this piece with Mitchell -- although to be fair she is about as much of a brainiac as Cokie Roberts (http://www.slate.com/id/2216890/).

--Neill

tonelar
07-25-2009, 4:13 PM
worked for me/ very true- most LEO are pro 2A. Sadly most reverse their position when they rise up to the political job at the head of their departments.

Maestro Pistolero
07-25-2009, 4:27 PM
I don't know why, but when a so-called journalist chimes in with his/her personal opinion on a matter they are supposed to be reporting I always have to do a double-take. I must be old school, but it almost always catches me off-guard.

Mitchell: "I don't think it's fair to call Ray Kelly a police politician"

Hey Andrea, I don't care what YOU think. Just report the story and STFU.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=journalistic+integrity

Cool Gun Wife
07-25-2009, 8:04 PM
I learn from Wayne every time he speaks. First, don't accept the flawed premise. Second, stick to the subject. Those two will get the job done.

Thanks again Wayne for making the NRA the strong association it is, and wisely using the influence it has.

evan69
07-25-2009, 8:31 PM
Why do they always let the "easier for gun traffickers to go across borders" garbage make it through without any opposition? He should have addressed that it doesn't, because criminals don't get ccw's.

vrand
07-25-2009, 9:19 PM
Wayne for President or at least Gov of California

:thumbsup:

forgiven
07-25-2009, 11:32 PM
She was the least rabid reporter from the anti's that I've seen in a while. I believe that she respects Wayne, probably believes what he says, but still had to play devils advocate. Score one for our side.

Paladin
07-28-2009, 1:43 PM
Wayne did too good not to give this one bump. :)

Aegis
07-28-2009, 2:05 PM
Andrea Mitchell is a partisan hack not a journalist and MSNBC is the media arm of the Obama administration. I don't even know why Wayne would want to go on that network.

MSNBC has about as much credibility as a reliable news source as Star Magazine.

rkdrsx
07-28-2009, 3:32 PM
[QUOTE=Aegis;2838309]Andrea Mitchell is a partisan hack not a journalist and MSNBC is the media arm of the Obama administration. I don't even know why Wayne would want to go on that network.

because MSNBC is as far to the left as Fox is to the right. Take a MSNBC watcher shooting and they become very pro-gun in my experience. Its ignorance that makes them fear legal gun owners

chris
07-28-2009, 5:19 PM
as always the NRA is doing a good job at telling it like it is.