PDA

View Full Version : The Three Most Effective things you can do for RKBA - TODAY!

artherd
07-25-2009, 2:56 AM
I get the sense that we are still looking for direction. Well here it is, in plain English. These are far and away the three MOST EFFECTIVE things you can do for RKBA. In order.

POST HERE if you have done any of the below, and describe!

1) DONATE TO THE CALGUNS FOUNDATION!!! CLICK HERE - (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/donate) We are suing (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/news/71-saf-calguns-challenge-arbitrary-denial-of-right-to-bear-arms-in-california) the state (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/news/70-saf-calguns-foundation-challenges-california-handgun-ban-scheme) and Fed (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/news/69-saf-challenges-dc-handgun-ban-scheme) in federal court right now. These suits will win, and they are just the beginning of how we intend to fix this repulbic. CGF wins, period.
2) VOLUNTEER AT A CGN EVENT! - Find out about them here on CGN.
3) GET A FRIEND TO JOIN CALGUNS.NET - that guy who wants to go shooting. The girl from accounting. Get your fence sitting neighbors involved. Tell a friend, tell all your friends

professorhard
07-25-2009, 2:59 AM
Ftw

Futurecollector
07-25-2009, 3:06 AM
Ok since you posted a thread I will.

artherd
07-28-2009, 1:40 AM
I'm going to bump this. I cannot believe we only got 2 replies!

Bobula
07-28-2009, 1:52 AM
There's a calguns sticker on the back of my jeep, and I've brought close to 10 co-workers aboard.

M. Sage
07-28-2009, 3:50 AM
I'm going to bump this. I cannot believe we only got 2 replies!

Things that people agree with don't get many replies. It's the contentious threads that are big.

Bobula
07-28-2009, 4:17 AM
Things that people agree with don't get many replies. It's the contentious threads that are big.

YOU'RE WRONG!
NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION TO THREADS WITH DRAMA OR E-YELLING!!!
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

hope that helps!
:p

gewgaw
07-28-2009, 7:59 AM
Agree, especially with #3! We need all the support we can muster -- and yes, that includes from ALL walks of like, ALL political stripes (as long as they support the RKBA), ALL levels of society.

bwiese
07-28-2009, 8:28 AM
And CGF does what it does because the NRA does what it does.

If you're not an NRA member, join. And join your local Members' Council too.
Keep up with http://www.calnra.com for latebreaking news.

CRPA's in the fight too - see the other topic about depublishing (first step to taking down) the bad People v. James decision about AWs.

Hopi
07-28-2009, 8:34 AM

and post a thread at 4am!

1. Done
2. Working on it unless attendance at Nordyke counts
3. Done

bodger
07-28-2009, 8:36 AM
Okay, I just made my donation to CGF.
I'm an NRA member already.
I've referred several people to CG to join.
I'll check for local events.

M. Sage
07-28-2009, 9:38 PM
YOU'RE WRONG!
NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION TO THREADS WITH DRAMA OR E-YELLING!!!
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

hope that helps!
:p

Your mom.

That's what she said.

I know you are, but what am I?

You voted for the wrong people!!

There, I think we've got that covered.

artherd
07-29-2009, 2:33 AM
Your mom.

That's what she said.

Your mother is an hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

CoinStar
07-29-2009, 7:34 PM
[b]1) DONATE TO THE CALGUNS FOUNDATION!!!

I'd be more willing to lend material support if the collective voice of the CGF here on the forum didn't (with such vigor and frequency):

1) Naysay nearly every single idea that hailed from outside their own circle of involvement.

2) Assume that everyone else is a bumbling incompetent who, absent CGF's sage wisdom, would "ruin everything".

3) Perpetuate the myth that CGF holds an exclusive position on the inside track of state politics and attempt to use that to dismiss dissenting points of view.

Take for example all the doom & gloom over UOC, particularly, the latest drama with that kid who did the radio interview, etc. Last I checked, the world didn't end... just like all the other dramas before it.

As you know, I was recently taken to task for not offering constructive criticism (which seems to mean no criticism at all) or not being nice enough... or whatever it was. Well, there it is. Take it FWIW.

On a related note, what's the 501(c) status for the CGF? or is the website just out of date?

artherd
07-29-2009, 8:39 PM
First and foremost - CGF is all for ideas from any source. Especially good ones. We've listened to and incorporated many of our larger CGN community's ideas, thoughts, voices, and concerns in our efforts to secure RKBA. And it's worked.

Hey there CoinStar, what's your affiliation with CRPA again? You remember CRPA, the previously corrupt organization that was funding an anti-gun lobbyist, that CGF personnel had to come in and clean up?

Our IRS affiliate approved our 501(c)3 and it is being re-examined by his boss on the way out. (c)3 status, once approved, will be retro-active and cover past donations.

You might not like CGF, but if it's because we win, then you need to examine the morals of your opinions.

Perhaps instead of crapping on Gun Rights organizations that are winning, CRPA should I don't know, do something useful besides stealing my press releases? :)

Hey, it's just a thought.

I wasn't going to address your #3 at all, but how many times have YOU had dinner with the Attorney General?

-Ben.

I'd be more willing to lend material support if the collective voice of the CGF here on the forum didn't (with such vigor and frequency):

1) Naysay nearly every single idea that hailed from outside their own circle of involvement.

2) Assume that everyone else is a bumbling incompetent who, absent CGF's sage wisdom, would "ruin everything".

3) Perpetuate the myth that CGF holds an exclusive position on the inside track of state politics and attempt to use that to dismiss dissenting points of view.

Take for example all the doom & gloom over UOC, particularly, the latest drama with that kid who did the radio interview, etc. Last I checked, the world didn't end... just like all the other dramas before it.

As you know, I was recently taken to task for not offering constructive criticism (which seems to mean no criticism at all) or not being nice enough... or whatever it was. Well, there it is. Take it FWIW.

On a related note, what's the 501(c) status for the CGF? or is the website just out of date?

trashman
07-29-2009, 10:11 PM

We *are* their own circle of involvement. I think the UOC discussions have created a little bit of drama but the reality is that we ALL would like to Loaded Open Carry someday soon -- the "how" of how we get there is just the source of tension.

I trust CGF with my $$ precisely because they aren't in it for the money -- they are in it for the long-term victory.

--Neill

artherd
07-29-2009, 11:10 PM
We *are* their own circle of involvement. I think the UOC discussions have created a little bit of drama but the reality is that we ALL would like to Loaded Open Carry someday soon -- the "how" of how we get there is just the source of tension.

I trust CGF with my $$ precisely because they aren't in it for the money -- they are in it for the long-term victory.

--Neill

Well said Neill, it's important to note that CGF at this time has 0 employees and gets free office space & telecom from several board members.

All of us Volunteer our time and resources.

BigJim_610
07-30-2009, 8:32 AM
For those of us who have been newly brought aboard by regulars here could you be patient with our lack of undersatanding of some of the acronyms and abreviations used here. Pedrhaps there could be a sticky post that translates some of the stuff.

RKBA
OLL
BB
etc
etc.
And no I cannot always take time to search or read a 20 page post, but I am attempting to do so.

Long time Republican, NRA, voting, letter writing, gun owner.
NEW to this board.
Thanks.

Dr Rockso
07-30-2009, 8:37 AM
For those of us who have been newly brought aboard by regulars here could you be patient with our lack of undersatanding of some of the acronyms and abreviations used here. Pedrhaps there could be a sticky post that translates some of the stuff.

RKBA
OLL
BB
etc
etc.
And no I cannot always take time to search or read a 20 page post, but I am attempting to do so.

Long time Republican, NRA, voting, letter writing, gun owner.
NEW to this board.
Thanks.
Ye olde Calguns acronym thread: http://calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=78606

SeanCasey
07-30-2009, 9:05 AM
Volunteers are needs for events. We had to skip the Glendale show due to the lack of people volunteering. If we can get enough people volunteering perhaps we can branch out and have booths at events outside of just gun shows and attaract more people to our cause.

We almost had to miss the upcomming Costa Mesa show too, but luckily that is getting pulled together with people volunteering now.

CoinStar
07-30-2009, 9:49 AM
You might not like CGF...

Why do you interpret it as dislike? If I didn't think CGF had any worth, I wouldn't bother to point out the flaws and would instead just let you and your warts plow forward to inevitable self-destruction.

The whole premise of this thread is a fund-raiser/endorsement for CGN and the CGF all wrapped in a pretentious package (geeezus, man.... look at the title). Number one on the list of the "3 most effective things" is a link to donate money yet you don't want to hear any thing but the sound of loose change clanking on the collection plate from those you're soliciting? That doesn't sound familiar at all? (psssstt.... "sunshine patriots" ring a bell?)

artherd
07-31-2009, 1:40 AM
Did you miss the thread I just posted soliciting opinions about how on-the-mark CGF has been lately, and what we can do to make it better?

"sunshine patriots" is what your organization called Cal-gunners. I don't recall CRPA asking what it could do better, ever.

Sunwolf
07-31-2009, 5:11 AM
Did you miss the thread I just posted soliciting opinions about how on-the-mark CGF has been lately, and what we can do to make it better?

"sunshine patriots" is what your organization called Cal-gunners. I don't recall CRPA asking what it could do better, ever.

As a long time former CRPA member and only recently re-upped CRPA member ,you got that right.Only reason I rejoined CRPA was the pleadings of many leading CALGUNS members here and their promise of reform.

wildhawker
07-31-2009, 7:32 AM
Thanks, Neill. This is needed to be said.

--Neill

Gator Monroe
07-31-2009, 7:34 AM
Keep the heat on the Heathen Democrat posters here at CGN .

Bobula
07-31-2009, 7:42 AM
Your mom.

That's what she said.

Doodie head!

Now we're done :p

wildhawker
07-31-2009, 7:47 AM
Coin,

If self-destruction were the path the CGF board was most interested in taking, don't you think they'd take a page (or ten) from the CRPA playbook? I hear Kathy and Gerry's looking for work...

Some of us volunteers give as much time to the RKBA efforts as we do money. Many of the events and initiatives undertaken by this group (speaking collectively here, as CGN) require extensive volunteer support, and I'm sure you can understand the urgency of maintaining the momentum post-Heller. That said, their work takes money- look at CGF's rate of return and tell me that they haven't turned RKBA in California upside-down with fewer resources than just about any other pro-gun org in the state. Isn't that the kind of results we should be supporting?

Why do you interpret it as dislike? If I didn't think CGF had any worth, I wouldn't bother to point out the flaws and would instead just let you and your warts plow forward to inevitable self-destruction.

The whole premise of this thread is a fund-raiser/endorsement for CGN and the CGF all wrapped in a pretentious package (geeezus, man.... look at the title). Number one on the list of the "3 most effective things" is a link to donate money yet you don't want to hear any thing but the sound of loose change clanking on the collection plate from those you're soliciting? That doesn't sound familiar at all? (psssstt.... "sunshine patriots" ring a bell?)

CoinStar
07-31-2009, 1:00 PM
If self-destruction were the path the CGF board was most interested in taking, don't you think they'd take a page (or ten) from the CRPA playbook?

Isn't that essentially what they'd be doing when they solicit donations while simultaneously asking those donors to sit down, shut up, enjoy the ride but keep the checks coming? It seems to me that such a course should be thoroughly avoided.

Like I said elsewhere, what gets posted here on CGN is an inseparable part of the CGF, like it or not. Is it really out of line to suggest that certain posters whose opinions carry a lot of weight around here be mindful of that?

CoinStar
07-31-2009, 1:01 PM

Please provide your evidence that I'm "old guard" CRPA, Ben.

Thanks in advance!

bwiese
07-31-2009, 1:02 PM
Please provide your evidence that I'm "old guard" CRPA, Ben.

Thanks in advance!

CoinStar, I'm thinking Ben may be confusing you with someone else.

artherd
07-31-2009, 8:13 PM
Isn't that essentially what they'd be doing when they solicit donations while simultaneously asking those donors to sit down, shut up, enjoy the ride but keep the checks coming?

You'd have a great point - if we were doing that.