PDA

View Full Version : Shooting my brother in law's 1911

fusionstar
07-25-2009, 1:41 AM
Went to the range yesterday and had a blast with a new kimber TLE/RE (I think that was the model, the one with the rail and checkering) that my brother in law just bought, was hitting quarters at 25 yards, action still needs to be broken in, had one FTE in the first mag, but 400 rounds later, it was smooth sailing.

Until the gang bangers showed up.
It was 3 guys shooting one of the guy's new gun, a glock.

They kept saying,

"you gotta "clock it" to load it."
"nah nah nah" not like that.
"You gotta glock it man"

They kept saying clock it.

And then it happens, he hands the gun to his friend, the guy proceeds to the firing line with his buddies over his shoulder, with his finger on the trigger, he loads and squeezes one off right into the dirt 10 feet in front of him. "oh sh*t haha, I thought the safety was on" I jump cause it startled me.

For the love of flannel shirts!. We left and went to the rifle range right after that ceasefire. Didn't want to get my face shot off by idiots.

GoingPro
07-25-2009, 1:48 AM
yep....i personally believe that discrimination at a shooting range should be enforced. . . . . not by skin color but by the appearance of the person, if they look like a gangbanger dont allow them in the range. end of story.....but were in america and it doesnt work that way. if i was a range master i would have thrown them out! i bet that firearm was stolen or not even registered. it makes me sick!

den888
07-25-2009, 7:47 AM
I agree. It should be enforced by the person's demeanor towards handling firearms safety. A gun range is not a place to be careless.

yep....i personally believe that discrimination at a shooting range should be enforced. . . . . not by skin color but by the appearance of the person, if they look like a gangbanger dont allow them in the range. end of story.....but were in america and it doesnt work that way. if i was a range master i would have thrown them out! i bet that firearm was stolen or not even registered. it makes me sick!

locosway
07-25-2009, 8:38 AM
Better yet, just ask everyone one question when they enter the range...

What makes a gun safe?

I really don't think any of the gangbangers would EVER get that right.

LexLuther
07-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Surely anyone who shoots long enough will eventually decide to bail on a shooting session, or at lest move somewhere else because the fools arround them are likely to shoot somthing unintentionally. The last 3 times it happened to me, it was a red-necks, so you cant necessarily judge just based on looks alone.