PDA

View Full Version : San Diego PPT experience

snypz
07-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Has anyone had any experience going through a PPT
with any of the following places? and how much they "actually" charged.

Turners
SocalGun
American Shooting Center
Discount Gun Mart

Can Big 5 do PPT for long guns?

thanks in advance!

ke6guj
07-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Can Big 5 do PPT for long guns?
They are required to by law if they sell firearms. Since most/all Big5's do not sell handguns, they don't have to do handgun PPTs though.

professorhard
07-24-2009, 11:10 AM
No place should be charging more than $35 total for a PPT

vlsgmc
07-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Might want to try Royal Loan. $35 for a PPT, as it should be.

http://royalloan.net/

Flintlock Tom
07-28-2009, 1:30 PM
I did one at SoCal Guns a couple years ago, no issues.
Royal Loan on El Cajon Blvd. has done a couple out of state transfers for me, very professional.
Don Gussler in Santee is also good.

All $35.

ReconDoc242
07-28-2009, 1:51 PM
I second Royal Pawn on el cajon...good people, easy to do business with

hooookup
07-28-2009, 2:12 PM
I would say So Cal Guns or Gusslers would be your best bet for a PPT. Turners won't even acknowledge you if you come in with a PPT.

ptdog
08-03-2009, 1:12 PM
I did a PPT with Discount Guns in Santee. Very friendly and easy going. No problems at all. They did not give me a hard time since people started to pile in. They just continued with me until they were finished. Rate was the normal fees. I would use this place again.

Digital_Boy
08-03-2009, 1:35 PM
Has anyone had any experience going through a PPT
with any of the following places? and how much they "actually" charged.

Turners
SocalGun
American Shooting Center

I've done PPT's at these. It was always $35. Socal Gun was seeming a little on the fence doing the AR I was buying since they couldn't ID the manufacturer initially, but it got done.

Turner's I've bought and performed PPT's for long guns at. They won't touch "assault rifle" type long guns, i.e. ARs, AKs, FALs, etc. But they will do M1As.

American Shooting Center is the same, they'll do the more traditional long arms and handguns but won't touch pistol gripped military style longarms with a 10' pole.

reidnez
08-05-2009, 2:34 PM
Royal Loan is my first pick, no hassles there. I've bought new guns from Tuner's and PPT'd a shotgun there and the service was always just fine, but as others have mentioned they don't handle EBR's.

snypz
08-05-2009, 3:04 PM
i went over to royal loan just to check it out and ended up buying a new m4 colt rimfire. Guys there were totally cool and spoke to me in a friendly matter. Gave me a good deal as well. only thing that was kinda weird was people trying to offload goods behind me...it is a pawn shop after all.

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

mossberg500
08-18-2009, 9:26 PM
american shooting center turn me down when i wanted to do PPT on my mini14, the guy in there told me he has to do his customer 1st. before he can do PPT 45mins later no more people standing around we ask him can you do PPT that dude is an A** ***l he said that tuners is much better after waiting for 45min, you will see him at the gun sale area short chuby guy

snypz
08-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Did they say they wouldn't do it?

kemasa
08-19-2009, 4:19 PM
It is illegal for them to refuse to do a PPT. You might want to contact the CA DOJ about this.

Navyguy0023
08-23-2009, 8:05 PM
I was in DGM in San Diego the other day, place was a mess and no one wanted to help me even after I asked several questions.

Had no problem helping out the females that were there though.