PDA

View Full Version : Many say I cannot leave gun stock. It's true how 'bout you?

ERdept
07-23-2009, 6:28 PM
Everything I own from lowly glocks to shotguns to AR's have to have my personal touch one every one of them

For instance the Glocks all have extended controls, sight changes, barrel changes.

The 870 gets rails, sigts, mag tubes, slings

Even the .22 semi autos have fire sights and beveled mag wells..grips, etc.

Nothing stays stock, NOTHING.

How about you?

damndave
07-23-2009, 6:58 PM
my AR has a lot of customization. My Kimber is bone stock other then grips. 10/22 has a scope?

AJAX22
07-23-2009, 7:01 PM
What is this 'stock' of which you speak?

I'm a cheapskate, my guns tend to arrive in pieces and are assembled from whatever I can scrape together....

I've got some really crazy hybrid stuff when it comes to AR's and AK's :D

fun times.

bruceflinch
07-23-2009, 7:07 PM
I customize about 60% & leave the rest stock.

socaldsal
07-23-2009, 7:24 PM
I only leave my C&R's alone. However, after seeing that mod for the shortest Cali 91/30 Mosin, I am tempted due to the fact that I don't really have a shortage of 91/30's.....

AJAX22
07-23-2009, 7:33 PM
I only leave my C&R's alone. However, after seeing that mod for the shortest Cali 91/30 Mosin, I am tempted due to the fact that I don't really have a shortage of 91/30's.....

DO it, you know you want to.

Of all the crazy stuff I've built... that is probably the most fun to actually drag out into the field.

THT
07-23-2009, 7:34 PM
My first gun, a HK USPc 9mm, is the only gun I own that is still as it was from the factory.

G21: Big Dots
G19s: Big Dots
AR: The only thing I kept from the original RRA rifle was the lower receiver
5R: Badger Ordnance 0MOA base, 16X Super Sniper, Harris bipod
M590A1: Surefire 623FA, Mesa Tactical 6-shell side saddle, Speedfeed stock
10/22: Only original part is the receiver

Considering getting Fulcrum triggers for the Glocks next. But I've got a list of guns I want to buy too, one of them being an M82A1. I suppose if the M82A1 ever goes on an "endangered species" list, I'll snag one.

socaldsal
07-23-2009, 8:19 PM
DO it, you know you want to.

Of all the crazy stuff I've built... that is probably the most fun to actually drag out into the field.

LOL, I wonder how many chickens and pigs I'm gonna have to sacrifice to the C&R pantheon for me to atone for what I'm about to to. I already have a permanent marker and measuring tape out, my tools for gun work are still boxed up......:eek:

OTOH, when people refer to "modding" an M4 away from stock, I don't really see it as modding. It's more like adding different hardware to meet a mission goal, even if the "mission" is just to make it LOOK "badas". Then again I'm used to adding a PEQ-2, changing out the grip and butt stock, and deciding between an ACOG or holo, maybe adding color to it depending on what I want it to be. It has rails on it, and you're only limited to what you've been issued or how much dinar you've got until you can't make the bill payments. But that's just my view on it. :) However, after seeing the pictures of lowers that say "Parley" and "Plunder", I gotta re-think what I'd WANT out of my OLL.

I think the most fun one I've had modding was a 10/22. It's not a match grade accuracy machine but it does the job of making new fans of something that looks like a EBR. One small step....

Q
07-23-2009, 8:26 PM
What's the line from resident evil 2? When the guy has two gold Desert Eagles.:D

Black Majik
07-23-2009, 8:31 PM
What's the line from resident evil 2? When the guy has two gold Desert Eagles.:D

Please! My ****s custom! ;)

xzw151
07-23-2009, 9:28 PM
Everything stays 100% stock. I don't even own a rifle scope. Iron sights all the way.

M47_Dragon
07-23-2009, 10:20 PM
I blame the 10 day wait.

I get antsy and start shopping for whatever accessories will fit my purchase. If I time things right, the add-ons arrive before I can take possession of the gun itself.

It just has to be done.

bootless
07-23-2009, 11:52 PM
deleted

randy
07-24-2009, 1:36 AM
My shooter 1911's were built for me so stock on them is just what I wanted. My AR's I don't consider adding a scope to an ar with no sites as a mod. They started life as stripped lowers so they aren't stock A2's
My Benelli's well they get the full treatment. I have an 870 done up for 3 gun.
Wheel guns all get a little fine tuning, trigger and cylinder.
Sigs and HK's get night sites.

All the Glocks get different sites, and 3.5 connectors.

I've got some WWII stuff that is has I got it.
Lever guns are stock/ add scope.
I guess I mod alot of my stuff, no MN add ons.

818gtiguy
07-24-2009, 1:45 AM
My pistols are 100% stock..A Springfield compact 1911 .45, H&K P2000 9mm, and a Ruger LCP...Now the two AR's I own, thats a whole different story.....DD FF rails, TROY BUIS, Magpul MOE grip, Magpul XTM panels, Sully stocks, Aimpoint, Eotech, Geiselle trigger, etc, etc.....

xibunkrlilkidsx
07-24-2009, 7:10 AM
only tihng still stock is my m1911. but thats only because i dont have much spare money for a new trigger sights and hammer, maybe safety grip to.

but my rem 700 has new stock, some bolt work, trigger tweaking, scope.

my 10/22 has new stock, VQ target hammer, bull barrel, holo sight.

tango5
07-24-2009, 9:12 AM
I customize my guns, except for a Winchester 1894 30-30 that was made in 1899. And my HK USP .40 full size, the only thing i did with that is Duracoat it. Everything else is slightly modified.

biophase
07-24-2009, 9:22 AM
My glock that I got 20 years ago is bone stock. Never felt a need to change anything about it.

Sheepdog1968
07-24-2009, 9:42 AM
Some are bone stock and some aren't. It really depends on the purpose for it. If it's something I may use for self-defense I usually leave the internals alone and may just change the sights. On shotguns I will add a side saddle and light for sure. My experience is that the more I customize a gun, the less reliable they become. Here's an example, a friend of mine on his Remington shot gun put an oversized safety on it. For whatever reason, it didnt fit quite right and became really hard to push. Who would have thought this would happen but it did. Often I will see what the factory can do if I want something changed.

MasterYong
07-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I try to keep it simple. Stuff that makes guns look cool usually isn't that useful. Heck it might ever slow you down or break when shtf. I'll ad a scope to a deer rifle and do a trigger job on just about anything. But a home defense shotgun with sixteen lights, 10 lasers, and fifty rounds hanging on it and an ipod holder isn't really an advantage against a stock shotgun with a bead. Like many a fathers have said, "if it aint broke don't fix it."

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD where did you get an iPod holder for your shotgun???

Do they make one that'll fit a Mossy 500A?

:p

8-Ball
07-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Self defense guns are left stock. After reading that book on how not to go to jail in the PRK, the fear of God was put in me...

In a court of law, customizations can make one look like some sort of gun nut...

chefdude
07-24-2009, 9:20 PM
my shotgun is Stock that is it!!! Its my Home Defense gun and in the event I have to use it for HD I dont want it looking too crazy, so the DA doesnt have a field day with it

rabagley
07-24-2009, 10:26 PM
The 1893 Henry Rifle is as stock as I can make it (doesn't have the original cleaning rod).

All the rest are fiddled with to one degree or another.

aplinker
07-25-2009, 2:10 AM
I put a light/laser and red dot on my SAA.

nemesis99
07-25-2009, 1:57 PM
Glocks: Stock except recoil spring which is replaced with metal
Rifles: AR is built from an OLL so it is completely custom and the AK had the gas tube replaced with an ultimak rail.

I'm not really into overly modifying like some of the folks here. I prefer to keep things in their stock trim.

BamBam-31
07-25-2009, 2:14 PM
I often order crap for my guns that gets here before the 10 day wait is up. Sights, fire control parts, grips, etc. Even new barrels! Helps to pass the time.

I'd say about 3/4 of my stuff is modified somehow. It's half the fun! :D