PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Factory Remanufactured Revolver

jkchan83
07-23-2009, 11:37 AM
I found a Ruger revolver that I am interested in purchasing. The seller says that it was "Factory Remanufactured." I have asked the seller for additional clarification.

While I wait for a response, I thought I would also ask the Calguns collective for any information. Has anyone purchased such a revolver or had their revolver "remanufactured?" Would you be hesitant to purchase such a firearm?

-hanko
07-23-2009, 1:28 PM
I found a Ruger revolver that I am interested in purchasing. The seller says that it was "Factory Remanufactured." I have asked the seller for additional clarification.

While I wait for a response, I thought I would also ask the Calguns collective for any information. Has anyone purchased such a revolver or had their revolver "remanufactured?" Would you be hesitant to purchase such a firearm?
A quick check of the ruger website has zero information re: "Factory Remanufactured" guns...so there's nothing like I see with SIG with their CPO pistols. Otoh, many manufacturers will take your used gun & rebuild/repair/and refinish.

I'd want to see paperwork from Ruger showing how & when the gun was "Factory Remanufacturerd"...absent written evidence, I'd pass.

-hanko

Mr. Beretta
07-23-2009, 2:55 PM
All you gotta do is call and ask. I'm sure they'll know. Good Luck!

Ruger 1-928-778-6555

22popnsplat
07-23-2009, 3:39 PM
The only ruger factory remanufature fire arms I have seen were police/goverment returns . From what I generally hear about new Rugers is that the Quality control is not as good as it could be and the the last 2 I bought had to go back for repair , the bad part is I got stuck with the shipping . I wont buy another unless its an on the shelf Item I can inspect .

bwiese
07-23-2009, 4:01 PM
Is this a New Vaquero single-action revolver?

Or is this an SP101 in 327Mag?

Both of these had some recall issues.

Check the nice folks at the Ruger forum - http://www.rugerforum.com

El Gato
07-23-2009, 4:48 PM
I've had a number of ruger guns remanufactured... I like to look for complete beaters I can get for a really good bargain and then offer even less money...then I send it to ruger and have them safety check and blue the gun.. they charge a really reasonable fee to blue and they replace all of the internal parts what need replacin'... the gun comes back looking better than new... polished blued and tight...all for a song... nice way to take a completely trashed 3 screw and turn it into something nice....or a std. model or whatever...

1JimMarch
07-23-2009, 6:59 PM
Ruger quality control is actually quite good these days. Yes, they've had minor teething problems with some new models but they've taken care of those as recalls and treated customers quite well - fast turnaround, free shipping and sometimes "freebies" like a magazine for your troubles.

They've done recalls on issues that were very minor and that other manufacturers wouldn't have bothered with. Taurus for one SHOULD have done mass recalls on damned near half their product line it seems like.

Anyways. To answer the original question, odds are they're government contract returns of some sort.

jkchan83
07-24-2009, 6:45 AM
Thanks for all of the information. I asked the seller to contact Ruger (since they would need the serial number). It was sent back to fix the cylinder timing.

They are offering the firearm (GP100 in Stainless) for $485. Does this sound like a good deal?

Vacaville
07-24-2009, 7:29 AM
Doesn't sound too good a deal for that price to me. You can buy a new one for about $75 more.

ancora
07-24-2009, 9:17 AM
I wanted to send in my .30 Ruger single action revolver for rebluing. Ruger said they would "have to" install the hammer blocking mechanism. I told them
no way. I have another Ruger with the mechanism and the trigger action stinks.