PDA

View Full Version : buying 2 handguns at once

Henry47
07-07-2005, 2:40 PM
I know there's a limit of 1 handgun every month, but what if the FFL I am buying from is selling a used handgun to me? 1 new, 1 used, is that ok?

C.G.
07-07-2005, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by Henry47:
I know there's a limit of 1 handgun every month, but what if the FFL I am buying from is selling a used handgun to me? 1 new, 1 used, is that ok?
Only private party transfers are exempt from the 30 day waiting period. It sounds as if you are buying from a dealer, so the answer is no.

Henry47
07-07-2005, 2:54 PM
thanx for the fast reply. Im buying a NIB sig 229 and saw that the dealers website had some used tradein berettas for $300. I wanted to pick one up for myself and save on shipping but i guess that's out of the question

C.G.
07-07-2005, 2:56 PM
You may be able to talk your FFL to keep it for you for a month, although they don't make much money from it so they may not like it. In any case you will have to do two DROSs.

bu-bye
07-07-2005, 3:06 PM
I'm sure the dealer would be happy to take a full deposit on the beretta and run the paper work in 30 days.

07-07-2005, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by Henry47:

If the used gun is in on consignment than there is no problem with buying both at the same time. I do it all the time.

colossians323
07-07-2005, 4:21 PM
Originally posted by ShorePaul:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry47:

If the used gun is in on consignment than there is no problem with buying both at the same time. I do it all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
+1

Also if you are married you can do it that way as well. I brought my wife down to take the test so I could buy two handguns from a local vendor, of course one was for her, and one for me. Anyone with common sense can pass the handgun safety test.