PDA

View Full Version : IOR Valdada Pitbull

NellyGSM
07-22-2009, 9:26 PM
Scott,

Can you provide any details on this scope? Availability and Price?
You have quite a reputation on the site and would be interested in purchasing from you based upon what I have read.

Thanks for the help,

Nelly

LibertyOptics
07-24-2009, 7:11 AM
Thanks Nelly! Here's a link to the new Pitbull http://www.valdada.com/product/6928a7e3-e3bc-48d0-9e8a-4ac78862cd81.aspx

The Calgunners price is $999 delivered, AVAILABLE NOW!

Scott

dlouie87
07-24-2009, 9:37 AM
That looks good :D

NellyGSM
07-24-2009, 8:47 PM
Thanks for the info Scott, do you know what ring height will work best on a flat top AR? Are the rings included with the scope, and is the complete reticle illuminated or just a portion of it lit up? Finally do you have an opinion on the scope, as it is relatively new, I can't find a lot of feedback on it yet.

Thanks again,

Nelly

LibertyOptics
07-27-2009, 4:58 PM
Thanks for the info Scott, do you know what ring height will work best on a flat top AR? Are the rings included with the scope, and is the complete reticle illuminated or just a portion of it lit up? Finally do you have an opinion on the scope, as it is relatively new, I can't find a lot of feedback on it yet.

Thanks again,

Nelly

Usually the high rings are the way to go, medium might work for some. All of the reticle is lit except for the thick horseshoe portion. Rings are included for the price. I only saw the SHOT show sample, I wasn't crazy about it but the customers are the deciders.

Scott

NellyGSM
07-27-2009, 8:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I will wait to see a few more reviews and opinions. Do you have a recommendation for a variable 1-4x CQB optic? I use a Nightforce NXS 1-4x on my 6.8 platform and am looking for new glass to use on my 5.56.

Thanks for your help and time,

Nelly

LibertyOptics
07-28-2009, 11:47 AM
The Trijicon 1-4x Accupoint if the damm things ever come out.

Scott

NellyGSM
08-03-2009, 5:51 PM
Scott,

What is your opinion on the Elcan Specter DR? There seems to be a lot of divided opinions on the net and those who contend that the built in base has problems holding zero. As far as reading about the scope it looks pretty interesting, but having never handled one I am curious to get opinions of others who specialize in the field of optics.

The Trijicon Accupoint is a possibility, but the field of view is nothing spectacular on 1 power.

Thanks for taking the time to help,

Nelly

LibertyOptics
08-04-2009, 1:01 PM
I like the Elcan, it's pretty trick with a neat reticle and design. I've heard the same thing about the base, I think Zak Smith in SGN put it in writing. I DO know that Elcan was talking with another company about making an integrated base for the Spectre at one time.

It's a lot of $$ to not be sure...

Scott

NellyGSM
08-06-2009, 7:46 PM
Thanks Scott,

The article was very informative. Seems like a 50/50 gamble on if the decision to buy one will be the right one. The reticle, field of view, daytime visible dot and the throw lever from 1 - 4 are very strong points for this optic, but if it can't hold zero, then I guess those pluses are for not. It is tempting though. I will keep you in mind and get in touch with you when I make a decision to see if you can assist.

Thanks for all of your help,

Nelly

LibertyOptics
08-06-2009, 7:59 PM
No problem, thank you!

NellyGSM
08-15-2009, 6:16 PM
Scott,

When you have time, and if you have the scope in stock, would you please post some pics of the Pitbull reticle?

Thank you.

LibertyOptics
08-20-2009, 10:59 PM
My opinion? Forget the Pitbull. It's a POS.

Scott

Scott,

When you have time, and if you have the scope in stock, would you please post some pics of the Pitbull reticle?

Thank you.

NellyGSM
08-23-2009, 1:00 PM
Scott,

Thanks for the heads up. Do you stock or can you supply an Elcan Spectre Dr? That may end being the way to go.

LibertyOptics
08-26-2009, 12:17 PM
No, but Mike at CSGunworks does.

Scott