PDA

View Full Version : If you could get one in an FTF transaction, would you?


moredes
06-02-2005, 2:25 PM
I'm not trolling for bids. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth a trip late this year to CA to sell some guns. I have no scheduled visits in the foreseeable future, but a trip for profit might make sense.

I've got a Wilson KZ-45 Compact, a Wilson CQB Compact, and an Ed Brown Classic Custom. All 3 have less than 200 rounds through them

Do you think they would they sell quickly at 90% of their retail prices in CA? What's that kind of market (the 'unapproved DOJ' $1000+ 1911) like?

50 Freak
06-02-2005, 2:54 PM
I know I'd like some guns that you had "previously bought" and brought into this state.

Turbinator
06-02-2005, 4:15 PM
You should probably post a "for sale" ad ahead of time before you schedule a trip, and make sure your prices are firm. Give it enough time, and you'll find buyers at your asking price. Good luck!

Turby

atham@earthlink.net
06-03-2005, 9:14 AM
They'll sell like hotcakes, if the prices are reasonable. If the prices are high, they'll still sell, but it might take longer.

bwiese
06-03-2005, 9:34 AM
There's plenty of decent 1911s for sale, new and used, in CA. Maybe not from any one specific vendor, but it's a fairly big field.

IMHO I think the real demand is for nice wheelguns (esp S&Ws) not on "the List".

Bill W
San Jose

50 Freak
06-03-2005, 9:38 AM
I personally think the Keltec 380 would sell very well. If you wanted to bring one in, I'd buy it.

dwtt
06-03-2005, 5:48 PM
Originally posted by 50 Freak:
I personally think the Keltec 380 would sell very well. If you wanted to bring one in, I'd buy it.
I know I would want that FEG version of the 9mm HiPower with it's .40 conversion kit. It's like getting two guns for the price of one, but unfortunately, the FEG P9 isn't approved here.

moredes
06-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks Gents. I bought the ones I listed for personal use, but I'm probably going to trim down the collection in favor of something more "assaultive". (that is to say, I'm not taking 'orders')

When I get ready to visit I'll post them in the 'For Sale' forum.

Thank you.

Otony
06-04-2005, 7:22 AM
Wilson KZ-45 Compact

This interests me!

icormba
06-04-2005, 2:09 PM
Originally posted by dwtt:
I know I would want that FEG version of the 9mm HiPower with it's .40 conversion kit. It's like getting two guns for the price of one, but unfortunately, the FEG P9 isn't approved here.

not too HI-jack http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif,
but which FEG P9 are you talking about? The PJK-9HP is the "real HP clone", all the other FEG models are slightly different than the FN/Browning Hi-Power.
& it's on the Ca Approved list! I got one a few months ago.

This is the one my dealer had a hard time finding on the FFLDealer listing, it's listed as below on the "customer" online listing, but it's listed as something else on the FFL list (I think it's under K.B.I. or Hungary? one of the 2?)

Feg. Hungary (Hungarian Arm Works)
PJK--9HP / Blue Steel Pistol 4.625" 9 mm 01/17/2006

excellent Hi-Power Copy for the price! ($200)
I'm pretty sure you can buy a .40 slide & barrel online somewhere else? (guessing on that)

imported_Skammy
06-04-2005, 2:47 PM
I think a Browning BDM would sell

s281c
06-04-2005, 3:52 PM
Originally posted by Skammy:
I think a Browning BDM would sell

Really?!? There's one somewhere in one of my gun safes that I bought used some time ago, probably shot it once or twice and then haven't taken it out since, maybe I should sell it, since I really wasn't that impressed with it............. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

imported_Skammy
06-04-2005, 4:31 PM
Originally posted by S281c:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skammy:
I think a Browning BDM would sell

Really?!? There's one somewhere in one of my gun safes that I bought used some time ago, probably shot it once or twice and then haven't taken it out since, maybe I should sell it, since I really wasn't that impressed with it............. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm I've got a SA GI 1911 I wanna trade off if your interested.. (dunno how that trade rates can't find a price for the BDM..) What didn't you like it about it tho?

dwtt
06-04-2005, 4:46 PM
Originally posted by icormba:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dwtt:
I know I would want that FEG version of the 9mm HiPower with it's .40 conversion kit. It's like getting two guns for the price of one, but unfortunately, the FEG P9 isn't approved here.

not too HI-jack http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif,
but which FEG P9 are you talking about? The PJK-9HP is the "real HP clone"

Feg. Hungary (Hungarian Arm Works)
PJK--9HP / Blue Steel Pistol 4.625" 9 mm 01/17/2006

excellent Hi-Power Copy for the price! ($200)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! where did you get the FEG for $200? I want one. If your dealer can get another one, let me know. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Anyway, you're right about the P9, it's barrel is not compatible with the original HP design. From what I heard, when KBI imported FEG's HP clone, it was called the PJK-9HP, but after FEG modified the design for their current production, the current importer used the Hungarian designation P9M.
When I tried finding a used PJK-9HP on some of the online lists, I wasn't able to find one, but then I saw an ad in Shotgun News for the P9M.

s281c
06-04-2005, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by Skammy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S281c:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skammy:
I think a Browning BDM would sell

Really?!? There's one somewhere in one of my gun safes that I bought used some time ago, probably shot it once or twice and then haven't taken it out since, maybe I should sell it, since I really wasn't that impressed with it............. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm I've got a SA GI 1911 I wanna trade off if your interested.. (dunno how that trade rates can't find a price for the BDM..) What didn't you like it about it tho? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really interested in anymore 1911's got way too many......

As for the BDM, it just was a sloppy gun, the fit and finish were just not up to the standards I expected from it, and it wasn't really that used either, the guy I got it from maybe shot 1 box of ammo through it, so it didn't have much wear at all on the slide rails, it just rattled like crazy.

imported_Skammy
06-04-2005, 5:01 PM
Ah k.. Also I just read on the high road that the frame is prone to cracking..

s281c
06-04-2005, 5:08 PM
Originally posted by Skammy:
Ah k.. Also I just read on the high road that the frame is prone to cracking..

Heh, it's not been shot enough to worry about it, and probably never will..........

icormba
06-04-2005, 5:47 PM
Originally posted by dwtt:


Wow! where did you get the FEG for $200? I want one. If your dealer can get another one, let me know. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Anyway, you're right about the P9, it's barrel is not compatible with the original HP design. From what I heard, when KBI imported FEG's HP clone, it was called the PJK-9HP, but after FEG modified the design for their current production, the current importer used the Hungarian designation P9M.
When I tried finding a used PJK-9HP on some of the online lists, I wasn't able to find one, but then I saw an ad in Shotgun News for the P9M.

Gunbroker back in December w/"buy it now" option! (had to check my records!)
There are 2 on there now listed under $200, but have a reserve price http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

There is also 1 on auctionarms for $200 which looks like no reserve...
just search for PJK-9HP on both sites.

But that same month I think bigmac had a Browning Hi-Power on consignment for $475! too bad I didn't see that one before I bought the FN & FEG... crap!